It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs scientific advancement.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
sweets777

sorry but god gave us the definition of marriage ......not the government
and the definintion is and always will be the joining of man and women into one flesh
not the thing gay people are trying to turn it in to

The instruction in both the Olde and New Testaments is for a believer to define themselves by the God who lives in them 24/7. Not by the flesh..not by sexuality.

Defining ones self by sexuality is the abomination by which the nations surrounding ancient Israel were doing and for which they defiled the land. Particularly by their festivals and holydays. And the Hebrew people were told not to carry on in this template...or pattern.

I am not arguing here or debating human sexuality per se...only that people who can think for themselves...know that a proper human being is more ...much much more than sexuality. You do not come to this conclusion following the pattern of this world today and particularly following Hollywood..a movie and television education or politics. And our leadership clearly is in bed with Hollywood.

People are so much more than sex and sexuality but you would not get this listening to government or the various sex and sexuality crowds who have only this one index by which to define themselves and then demand that others accept them and or keep silent while they default through. This is censorship..not free thought. It is also often bullying.

And government is today hip deep in this defilement and boastfully so. They will sell the souls of a whole nation for these votes.

People are so much more than sex and sexuality...but this is not what one learns in pubic education, in politics...in the media..nor do you hear this being taught by many here on ATS. And they should know better but do not.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Oh and you are a massive hypocrite.
You say I shouldn't mock religion but you make how many anti Muslim posts....
You do know you are following the same god?...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: orangetom1999

you dont mock religion you mock christians mock some jews and muslims and ect..
but you never do its always christians

I think this is for BoyMonkey..not me ..no problem either way.

I would like to add..that many Christians or what passes for Christains today..need mocking. Same with Jews and Muslims.

A lot of what passes for Christians today ..by way of phony ministers has had the Salt taken out of them and replaced by sugar.

Christians are to be the Salt of the earth..not the sugar.

When one has phony ministers...and know little history..even Biblical history..it is easy to take the salt out of them and replace it with sugar and the so called Christians not know the difference.

This is why so many unbelievers can so easily lead the Christians around here and these boards by their nose...by guilt manipulations...guilt politics..and guilt philosophies. Because the Believers/Christians often know so little history of any kind..even Christian/Biblical history. It ought not to be this way..and for this ...I believe many Christians have walked right into the mockery unprepared and unarmored...no breastplate so to speak. And their ministers keep them this way...with sugar..not salt.

Orangetom

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: orangetom1999

Good post I agree.
The thing is If Christians actually practised what they preached I wouldn't have any problem.
But you get people like sweets who just attack any sign of Islam and say stuff like I will not give blood...even when Iam sure he would take it when needed.
So many false religious people.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Oh no they are not...this can be easily proven. One need not be rocket material to know this.

There exists no such instruction in the New Testament for a church to spread the Word by the Sword. This is not what one finds In Islam.

And when so many unbelievers here try to quote the Crusades and Inquisition ..I will turn them to this..

Battle of Tours...732 AD.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here we have the Muslim invasion of Europe stopped in Tours, France in 732 AD by Charles the Hammer or AKA....Charles Martel. This is some 3 to 4 hundred years before the first Crusade.

President Obama did not bring up this history while playing the blame game at the National Prayer Breakfast the other day. But I knew of it.

The Crusades were just as phony as the history above I just quoted...for the Christian Religion is not to be spread by the sword or burning at the stake.

This too is an indicator today that Islam is not the same god as the God of Christianity.

You need some serious work Boy Monkey.

Orangetom

LOL LOL LOL...giving blood....that is the best with which you can come up..giving blood???? Wow!! Like I said...you have issues. A person does not automatically give blood...by default. You are operating on an entitlement principle. If a person does not want to give their blood..their personal blood..that is their business...not mine.

I do not automatically think that I am entitled to someone elses Blood..though as a Christian I will give blood. That is more of the blame game/entitlement thinking so popular today. The making of some disposable and expendable for the beliefs of others.

A persons blood is their private property..not automatically deserved and entitled by others.
edit on 7-3-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

Oh no they are not...this can be easily proven. One need not be rocket material to know this.

There exists no such instruction in the New Testament for a church to spread the Word by the Sword. This is not what one finds In Islam.

And when so many unbelievers here try to quote the Crusades and Inquisition ..I will turn them to this..

Battle of Tours...732 AD.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here we have the Muslim invasion of Europe stopped in Tours, France in 732 AD by Charles the Hammer or AKA....Charles Martel. This is some 3 to 4 hundred years before the first Crusade.

President Obama did not bring up this history while playing the blame game at the National Prayer Breakfast the other day. But I knew of it.

The Crusades were just as phony as the history above I just quoted...for the Christian Religion is not to be spread by the sword or burning at the stake.

This too is an indicator today that Islam is not the same god as the God of Christianity.

You need some serious work Boy Monkey.

Orangetom

LOL LOL LOL...giving blood....that is the best with which you can come up..giving blood???? Wow!! Like I said...you have issues.

Wrong.
"That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." 2 Chron 15:13

Also the command to kill the infidel can be found in Deut 13:6, 13:13, 17:3

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

i never said anything bad about muslims not one thing i just pointed out that no one else does either only christians

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

i never said anything bad about muslims not one thing i just pointed out that no one else does either only christians

That's not true. Atheists go after Islam constantly. See the latest Sam Harris Kerfuffle (there's always a latest Sam Harris Kerfuffle).
Christians can't go after Islam like an atheist can, because both religions share an irrational core. The christian can only criticize to a certain point before they are criticizing themselves.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dewts

depends on if a label can be applied to an individual and then apply to that individual anything unseemly someone else has done that shares that label. for example, by claiming christianity, you instantly become guilty of the inquistion, the crusades, the salem witch trials and everything any christian has ever done to anyone / anything else, on the entire planet, at any point in history.

this same thing happens to muslims and even atheists. since we know it's not true about atheists and muslims, why is it true about christians? easy answer: it's not. more complicated answer: it's not because we are individuals. we aren't born with labels. only we apply these labels to ourselves and most would never dream that following a belief that teaches to love our neighbor as ourselves, could be seen as an evil thing, individually, yet it is, because of history. all we are doing is pointing out the history of world governments, be they religious or not, and how they are so good at manipulating individuals, and then blaming it on individual peons.

edit on 7-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

depends on if a label can be applied to an individual and then apply to that individual anything unseemly someone else has done that shares that label. for example, by claiming christianity, you instantly become guilty of the inquistion, the crusades, the salem witch trials and everything any christian has ever done to anyone / anything else, on the entire planet, at any point in history.

this same thing happens to muslims and even atheists. since we know it's not true about atheists and muslims, why is it true about christians? easy answer: it's not. more complicated answer: it's not because we are individuals. we aren't born with labels. only we apply these labels to ourselves and most would never dream that following a belief that teaches to love our neighbor as ourselves, could be seen as an evil thing, individually, yet it is, because of history. all we are doing is pointing out the history of world governments, be they religious or not, and how they are so good at manipulating individuals, and then blaming it on individuals peons.

Case in point why Christians can not effectively criticize Islam.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Wrong.
"That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." 2 Chron 15:13

You do now that it was for the Ancient Israelites and not for modern day Christians right ? And you do now that back then was eye for an eye law right ?

To put it simply Deuteronomy is a series of mitzvot (commands) to the Israelites regarding how they ought to conduct themselves in Canaan, the land promised by Yahweh, God of Israel. Hence the name "Secular-laws".

The book consists of three sermons or speeches delivered to the Israelites by Moses on the plains of Moab, shortly before they enter the Promised Land. The first sermon recapitulates the forty years of wilderness wanderings which have led to this moment, and ends with an exhortation to observe the law (or teachings), later referred to as the Law of Moses; the second reminds the Israelites of the need for exclusive allegiance to one God and observance of the laws (or teachings) he has given them, on which their possession of the land depends; and the third offers the comfort that even should Israel prove unfaithful and so lose the land, with repentance all can be restored.[2]

Source

Also keep in mind that Deuteronomy 12–26 is the so called Deuteronomic Code

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dewts,

Case in point why Christians can not effectively criticize Islam.

I just did...not only Islam but history itself..and what has become of history in the hands of men.

as to this...

Wrong.

You are quoting something given to the Hebrews here..not to the Christians. You do not seem to be aware that though we are to know the Olde Testament as our school master...we are not under the bondage of the Olde Testament or the Olde Covenant.

You quote something written to Hebrews and then try to apply it to people of the cross..after the New Testament was ushered in with the death of the testator.

Apparently you do not seem to know the difference in what happened at the cross.

What are you thinking here. Christianity has no such instruction to be spread by the sword.

Orangetom

edit on 7-3-2015 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

link   
orangetom

case in point: if you are trying to win the argument that atheism is the better route, you have to do better than blame me personally, for stuff other people did/do. why? because that same line of thinking is what started the problems in the first place. you might be wondering what i'm talking about. women have been blamed since the "garden" , for supposedly "tempting" men to do what god told them to do : multiply. the thing is a catch 22 with no way out. supposedly, we ladies are still suffering with pain in childbirth because of what a single female did, thousands of years ago. just stop already. i'm only guilty for what i have actually done.

edit on 7-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

link   

Secularism for Islam!

I absolutely have problems with it in the hands of the State, if it was wrestled from the Governments the people could instill their own reforms (over centuries of course)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dewts

That's not true. Atheists go after Islam constantly. See the latest Sam Harris Kerfuffle (there's always a latest Sam Harris Kerfuffle).
Christians can't go after Islam like an atheist can, because both religions share an irrational core. The christian can only criticize to a certain point before they are criticizing themselves.

Atheists are only interested in what they know in my opinion, their own surroundings.

Trust me I am a bigtime Metal Head, a life long religious practice, there are plenty of aspiring atheists in the community, they reject Jesus and the idea of a theistic God.

But if you flash the "horns" and yell "Hail Satan" you'll be acknowledged without an inkling of hesitation...

This leads me to the deduction that Atheists are accepting of Satan and nothing else?

Call it evil if you will or call it logical and rational...

"All Hail Europe"
edit on 7-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

Nicely stated Seed76 ..nicely done. Pretty much in line with what I was thinking.

I call that often..the time warp technique.. .and it is very popular today in the blame game and now among politics and what tries to pass for leadership today.

They try to stick you back in a time warp somewhere and then try to hold you accountable, to censor you ..to shut you up..silence you...or going to the ultimate goal with many ...bully you. This is what is trying to pass for excellence and the moral high ground today. Even in public education into college levels.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

How can an atheist be a follower of Satan?.
Makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

How can an atheist be a follower of Satan?.
Makes no sense.

visit a Heavy Metal Festival sometime...

then you can help us both answer that question...

it is going to be your largest group of adherents to atheism, you'll have to go find out.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I used to go to many HM places and yeah they may talk the talk of hail Satan etc but it's just for show.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
orangetom

case in point: if you are trying to win the argument that atheism is the better route, you have to do better than blame me personally, for stuff other people did/do. why? because that same line of thinking is what started the problems in the first place. you might be wondering what i'm talking about. women have been blamed since the "garden" , for supposedly "tempting" men to do what god told them to do : multiply. the thing is a catch 22 with no way out. supposedly, we ladies are still suffering with pain in childbirth because of what a single female did, thousands of years ago. just stop already. i'm only guilty for what i have actually done.

I will never believe that atheism or the non god belief system is he way to go. This because of what I know happened in the Atheistic non god nations like Soviet Russia or Communist China where in the name of power and control they have justified the killing of millions upon millions of their own people to maintain power.

Ironically this line of thinking is totally avoided on boards and threads like this one on ATS..and others. But I will bring it out when I have had enough of this pseudo intellectualism...pseudo enlightenment.

The problem with that stuff about Eve..is the typical nonsense so often spread by today's enlightened types.

The fact is that the charge to keep and dress the garden was made to Adam ..not to Eve...Adam is responsible...not Eve.

And this means Adam is also responsible for Eve..and they both paid the price for what they had done...for they are both one...of one flesh. Those two in particular.

I agree...we are only guilty of what we have done. It does not do much in line with intelligence and thinking to use the time warp technique once one knows how it works and it's goals...particularly it's goals.

Thanks,
Orangetom

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join