It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I care who reads my mail I have nothing to hide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Borisbanger
'Why should I care I have nothing to hide'

That's exactly what somebody with something to hide would say.

Commence monitoring tag 19083977.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: Borisbanger
What do you say when confronted with the response :

But if you want to be very worried then think about this : we all know that trawling these emails will only ever uncover the stupid terrorist! and thus any authority that states "it needs this access" is clearly demonstrating an unbelievable level of ignorance.

No, they're just relying on the ignorance of the people to believe their BS.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
if you want to share your private messages and pics with strangers and sickos, go on and do it!

but i want to have the option to be anonymous.
if that's denied then this simply is a supression of my freedom and i personally have a big problem with that.

or maybe we can make a deal.
i too get secret messages of high ranking military personel and politicians and pictures of their top secret meetings... and in turn they get messages of me talking about the weather or work and pictures of me flexing my muscles or my sleeping cat.

no deal? then f** off!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

What do I say when confronted with appeasement of a dictatorial level of intelligence monitoring, without a warrant, without probable cause?

I say my grandfathers fought for better than that, when they fought the Nazis. I will not have their efforts ignored and squandered by appeasing this clearly fascist intelligence grab of my personal data. I say that we have a right not to be monitored unless we are under suspicion of a specific offence, and I mean not we the people, but we as individuals.

No one, and nothing, can excuse the absurd abuse of our privacy, and further to that, the consequence of monitoring of this nature, makes the task of trying to enact fundamental change to our government, our economic system, and the way our nation functions, very difficult indeed. These spying systems, in conjunction with unjust laws written to make EVERYONE a suspect, make any effort to organise and correct this nations ills, a whole lot harder.

I believe that we should be free to anonymously organise protests, to shock our governments, to surprise them utterly, force them to listen to the people by way of sudden civil unrest, without warning. This is not possible at the moment. We should be free to talk to one another as we see fit, without being watched, monitored and recorded. Our business should be our own, until the government finds a reason to suspect us by our actions, not by our way of thinking and political discourse on the net.

I would rather be blown apart, dismembered, shot in the street, than sacrifice one iota of my liberty, for the sake of security, and I believe that to think otherwise is deeply unpatriotic.

By the way GCHQ, MI6, MI5, and the NSA....

YOU ARE A BUNCH OF TRAITOROUS DOGS!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Until the day comes when you want just a little privacy and there is none to be had.

It will then be too late to say "Damn, I wish I had spoken just a little louder instead of allowing my apathy and ignorance to become the tools now used against me."

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Year Zero: Our life timelines begin

In 10 years, every human connected to the Internet will have a timeline. It will contain everything we’ve done since we started recording, and it will be the primary tool with which we administer our lives. This will fundamentally change how we live, love, work, and play. And we’ll look back at the time before our feed started — before Year Zero — as a huge, unknowable black hole.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Klassified

GCHQ, MI6 & MOSSAD etc do not have to abide by your 4th Amendment...

I guess the CIA/NSA do, but that info could be willingly shared to the NSA by the above quite easily.

There is actually a few loopholes I could mention that would not be unconstitutional too.

But I don't want to give them any ideas.
Not without being reimbursed with a Swiss Bank account, a G6 and a Villa in the Cayman Islands...

You are of course, correct.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I believe that we should be free to anonymously organise protests, to shock our governments, to surprise them utterly, force them to listen to the people by way of sudden civil unrest, without warning.

I am with you there

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I do not care what you care or care not, what you share and share not - but I am the legal owner of that content and any rights on it.

If you or anyone else want any part of it, prepare to pay for a restricted license with limited distribution, for any rights to access it....

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

That's exactly what somebody with something to hide would say. Commence monitoring tag 19083977.

lol
'I have nothing to hide..'
..everybody has something to hide even if its insignificant to the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If anyone read my emails or private messages they'd either be bored out of their minds or they'd laugh and grab popcorn at reading the personal drama crap. Either way, nothing is in them that would be of any interest to much of anyone. I don't think they'd even raise to the level of having any entertainment value. D&B.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The answer should be: Have you ever watched a real trial? The state can take the most innocent of statements you made and turn them against you. They can take ANYTHING you say and make it out to be something to support their argument. Now think about what all you may have said on the 'net.

Further more,if you as a citizen benefiting from our laws of protection of privacy,are unwilling to stand up for even your most basic of rights,then who will? And why would you deserve something you are not willing to fight for? Why would you be so foolish as to wait until you actually miss something,then try to fight to get it back,when you should have just fought for it in the first place? Are you of so weak a character that you have no backbone at all?

Those are things I have said to others.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
" why should I care, I have nothing to hide, I'm not doing anything unlawful, im not important"

the govt and corporations spend untold millions on surveillance and tracking software and procedures. stopping "terrorism" is what they say, but their track record speaks for it's self. it's about controlling the population...

you may not THINK you have nothing to hide....but the govt spent untold millions because YOU MIGHT be hiding something, YOU MIGHT be doing something unlawful, YOU MIGHT be important, now or in the future, do you really think they believe you? ha ha ..and at the very least they want you to know they are watching all.

the matrix is real

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

if you as a citizen benefiting from our laws of protection of privacy,are unwilling to stand up for even your most basic of rights,then who will?

Yes - on behalf of another even if you personally don't feel affected

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Not being a terrorist or criminal, I am not too concerned about how cyber-spying may affect my life in the immediate future.

My concerns are the NGO and commercial outfits spying on my computer aided activities. Back doors built into the firmware allowing these to extract information from my computer, not just on-line activities but spying on my documents stored on the hard drive etc, is what irks me.

I rather suspect the real motivation for cyber-spying is commerce and govt all want to know the same thing; 'how much cash do you have and how can we relieve you of it'.

My median to long term concerns are that at some point in the future, 'they' will be able to criminalise everyone and thus collect DNA, fingerprints and iris information. I think this is how 'they' will effect total lock-down, total control over the lives of the proletariat.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: clearmind

and at the very least they want you to know they are watching all.

Yep works even if they are not

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

I rather suspect the real motivation for cyber-spying is commerce and govt all want to know the same thing; 'how much cash do you have and how can we relieve you of it'.

I suspect its actually counter productive. I think a lot of people are actually refusing to do any more then the basic to get by. By that I mean 'going slow' not being productive or innovative. Just to not pay anymore tax ect

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Just because I know it is happening doesn't mean that I am ok with it. Saying that you have nothing to hide is all well and good until they make something you like to do illegal.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Just because I know it is happening doesn't mean that I am ok with it. Saying that you have nothing to hide is all well and good until they make something you like to do illegal.

Example ?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Pick any non-violent crime in the country. They were all legal at one point and all made criminals out of people through the stroke of a pen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join