It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian propaganda video spread by Russian embassy..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Europeans are wealthier than Russians
Europeans live longer
Europe has better education
Europe has more press freedom
The quality of life in Europe is far higher than Russia (and we're talking massively higher)
Employment opportunities are greater in Europe than Russia, even through economic crisis
Alcoholism is lower in Europe than Russia

I could obviously go on.

I sure don't agree with some of these. I think Russia has a quality education system that compares to most Euro states. I think Russian press freedom is greater outside of 'government' issues which are highly controlled. Russia has had better employment opportunities over the past 10 years I would also say. And Finns pound down more alcohol than Russians. Don't miss a chance to watch them compete over the issue if you get the chance!

If anyone here actually lived in Ukraine, or Russia, and knew the truth, they would have been out there on the streets of Kiev demanding a path to Europe too.

This is the big problem. People don't know the other very well. The truth is Russians young and old are not demanding a path to Europe.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
Moscow is polluted, chaotic and uniformly the color of weathered concrete. Maybe the aesthetic torture disturbs people?

That might be great for some. Didn't appeal to me. I didn't want to leave Red Square.

This is something that has fascinated me.
Although it's unlikely there's much research to show it, it certainly seems that there's a correlation between a blandness and depressive environment and the mood of the population.

We have evolved to respond to our environment, which is why we seem to do better in environments with natural colors, organic shapes, sunlight, clean air... in fact, corporations are now increasingly changing their working environments to be more natural and less sterile because it produces better results.

It seems there is enough evidence to equate the blandness of an environment to the mood of the people, but then we have to ask if the environment is a result of the attitudes of the people, or are the attitudes of the people the result of the environment?

Perhaps it has something to do with the lack of sunlight and warmth creating an oppressive attitude, which is then reflected in the surroundings those people create for themselves?

Maybe if we really want to change the course of history we need to send in teams of covert decorators with green, blue and white paint? lol
edit on 6-3-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

1. Belarus
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 17.5 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 26.5% (14th highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 34.7% (the highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 72.1 years

2. Republic of Moldova
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 16.8 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 32.2% (8th highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 33.1% (3rd highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 81.4 years

3. Lithuania
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 15.4 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 36.7% (2nd highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 30.9% (4th highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 73.9 years

4. Russian Federation
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 15.1 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 19.3% (32nd highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 30.5% (5th highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 70.5 years

5. Romania
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 14.4 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 7.9% (75th highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 8.9% (11th highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 68.7 years

6. Ukraine
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 13.9 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 23.2% (24th highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 34.4% (2nd highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 70.9 years

7. Andorra
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 13.8 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 4.2% (69th lowest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 3.9% (77th highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: n/a

8. Hungary
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 13.3 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 25.4% (17th highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 6.7% (22nd highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 75.1 years

9. Czech Republic
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 13.0 liters
> Pct. binge drinking: 36.5% (3rd highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 5.8% (33rd highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 78.1 years

10. Slovakia
> Alcohol per capita (APC) consumption: 13.0 liters (tied, 9th highest)
> Pct. binge drinking: 26.2% (16th highest)
> Pct. of deaths, alcohol-related: 7.7% (14th highest)
> Life expectancy at birth: 76.1 years

Worldwide, people 15 and older consumed 6.2 liters of alcohol per person in 2010, according to a recent World Health Organization (WHO) report. Finns didn´t even reached the list of 10 most. your data ( opinion) is outdated. Can´t really remember what rank was in WHO report in OECD report finns were 14th (consumption 10.1

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA !

They must feel really superior now, taking again something which is clearly sarcastic serious.

Instead of crapping your pants on something which is Russian humour, learn some American History...

Crazed Washington Drives the World to the Final War

John Pilger is the kind of well-informed, hard-hitting journalist with gobs of integrity that no longer exists in the Western mainstream media. He has the most distinguished career of all in the business.

In the article below he brings stunning information to one of my own themes–the creation by Washington and its NATO vassals of an artificial reality consisting entirely of propaganda into which Washington has placed the entire Western world and all outside who inspire to be part of it. Westerners live in The Matrix, and the presstitutes keep them there. The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, NPR, and the TV channels perform as agents (as in the Matrix film) actively suppressing any glimmer of factual reality.

Western people have no comprehension of the real reasons for Washington’s murderous interventions in Yugoslavia, Middle East, Afghanistan, Libya, Ukraine, Indonesia, or Latin America. The most transparent lies are fed to people too ignorant to recognize the lies. The lies have cost huge numbers of deaths and injuries and are leading directly to war with Russia and China.

Well Worth The Full Read

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Alcohol consumption
Link

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My info comes from anecdotal evidence. However this report shows Finnish men drink 17.5 liters, a high number no doubt!

www.who.int...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

That is Russian humor?

I shudder to think what their serious videos are like, then.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Still outdated same site you linked

Page 28 Link

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

That is Russian humor?

As someone who knows Russian culture i can tell you this kind of videos are called
"The last Chinese warning"

Don't ask me why Chinese, it just "so happened"

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Is what you posted supposed to be funny? a reply to: BornAgainAlien

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

We had this discussion not even a month ago, they are mocking the stupid accusations being thrown towards them.

I saw this video very soon after it was released in within seconds knew it was nothing more as mocking the propaganda towards them...

...and what do you guys do, you take it seriously...Russians who read a bunch here take it seriously are going to laugh their asses off...and then the OP starts to talk about Russian feeling themselves superior...of course they will feel superior if something which obviously meant to mock in a sarcastic way is taken serious.

edit on 6 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wrong. The Russians are humblebragging. As I said before, they want to frighten people while passing it off as a harmless joke. A bit like Batman's nemesis, The Joker.

edit on 6-3-2015 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct autocorrect.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You tried to pull the same stunt not even a month ago...

Link

...it didn`t work back then, and it won`t work now.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

You tried to pull the same stunt not even a month ago...

Link

...it didn`t work back then, and it won`t work now.

You mean you refused to learn then and you refuse to learn now. Do you think that the Russian Ambassador would post a video that makes fun of the fact that the Baltic Nations are better off now than when they were part of the USSR? In what Bizarro world would that make sense?

Edit to add: Thanks for the link to the earlier thread! People need to see more examples of Russia's hysterically funny, light-hearted and not at all threatening "satire."
edit on 6-3-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm not really sure what's the problem with the video.

I mean, even people in my country are making videos like this one. And we have, what, like 7 million people? What's the problem with it? It just shows the love for your country and how big and powerful you think it really is. Why does it matter if some guy from Russian government posted it?

Again, you guys are such a tryhards, if that's the impression.

Plus, what you guys are obviously forgetting is that, there's a huge difference between a western and eastern culture.

It says in the video that they do not want the western democracy. That's something that I've been talking about in the past. Western democracy was brought in to my country by force, and truth to be told, it's never been worst. So, I don't understand what's the problem in them fighting against it with videos like this one.
edit on 6-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Putin has been busy rewriting history to put Russia in a more favorable light... The flaw in his position is the fact its no longer the cold war and people are going to want evidence supporting the changes instead of accepting them at face value.

Putin has all but destroyed Ukraine and Russia. He needs to be stopped before it spreads any further.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001 A bit like Batman's nemesis, The Joker.

The joker is already taken -

I think the Riddler is still open though.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Like the Germans wanted to frighten they were going back to the Stasi/Gestapo time with some humour...

A half year ago this was not to be taken seriously on this forum, because it was just satire, but now satire is to be taken very seriously again...?

Come on, it`s nothing more as humour about propaganda. Same as there`s humour being done on lots of different subjects. The one between Putin and our Prime Minister Rutte is sadly enough not with English subtitles, but is even more funny, just as the one between L. v. Gaal and R. Koeman. But you can make humour about the crap which goes on...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If you really can't see the difference between videos you posted and "I'm Russian occupant" video I'm here to tell you that Russian sense of humor and satire are indeed somewhat different from western European, but not THAT much.

"I'm Russian occupant" is not satire, period.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Yes, it is satire.

It makes fun of the ridiculous propaganda claims Russia being imperialistic and going to annex land all over the place...Crimea is just a different story, but it doesn`t occupy Georgia or Ukraine now doesn`t it ?...and both it could do with ease if it wanted too.

The West is pretty pissed now that the plan to make Russia look like an aggressor failed, with Russia who didn`t to the same as it did with Georgia and went in so it they were able to make it look like Russia was an aggressor...and now Kerry wants to spend even more to have people say all over the internet Russia is the aggressor...

...all the provocations with shelling of civilians of Eastern Ukraine haven`t worked and the Kremlin acted not the way they were supposed to do...even trying to piss off Putin at the G20 was a big failure (some people are starting to do irrational things when being angry, Putin just went home and got some sleep).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join