It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian propaganda video spread by Russian embassy..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Now you have it.. Russians are superior to anyone on the surface on earth. What they claim is that when they occupied Baltian countries they actually did a favor to them and everything was better than now without them. Let's be honest (if only they could) for example Estonia which really made a major leap forward when the Soviet rule was over, i visited Estonia when it was under Russian rule and it was DEPRESSING to see, but now Estonia really thrives and has evolved a lot since that oppression. This video is spread by Voice of Russia station (previously Radio Moscow), ministry of defense in Russia and Russian embassy of Finland just to name a few.

Now you know better, Hitler was conquered because of Russia not because of US. They are the supremacy people having supremacy military, supremacy ideas and supremacy know how. If you thought differently.. They say you are wrong! They are the master race !

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
this whole "fear russia" thing got boring already a few years ago.
this big bad war just never seems to start.

but it is interesting how propaganda has changed throughout the years.
now people try to send their messages across with twitter and facebook and youtube.
And part of me finds that to be just sad.
But hey you can't blame them for trying to tap in on that "exceptionalism" that has worked so great for america

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I guess you missed the point where it tells that they are building peace,they love peace but can wage war better than anyone.. warning.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

If you are in America the fear of Russia gets old pretty fast, if you live in Norway, Finland, Estonia,Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan or Mongolia, that fear never get old, North Korea and China seems to be ok though.

I like the video, I'm a Russia "occupant", I'm here to civilize you savage , very nice of them

a reply to: dollukka

Now you know better, Hitler was conquered because of Russia not because of US.

I think this is pretty accurate
edit on 6-3-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

To be fair, WWII was a cooperative effort, and many allies were involved in the liberation of Germany. Its downfall wasn't solely due to the USA or Russia. Still, Russia does deserve its fair share of the credit in their role in taking down the Nazi regime.

With all that out of the way, i actually think this propaganda video is a worrying development. It is harking back to the old days...

If this is the Russian government's message and stance, then it is one we must meet decisively. While we don't need another cold war or any more tensions, i think it might be dangerous to let Russia start raising these points and acting in such ways...
edit on 6-3-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
What a thing to wake up to, Dollukka! Well they are still playing the tough guy role that they've always played. Those films of them moving in on Hungary and Czechoslovakia horrified people, including me. They still play on occasion in the back of my mind. They were not known as friendly occupiers, but then again, what occupiers are?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Putin probably got a little stiffy from watching that.

Wish I was good with that sort of thing because I have some funny ideas for a parody rebuttal.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Interesting video, and yes, its modern propaganda built on (some) exaggerated truths and facts.

The bit about the Nazi's I agree with - WW2 could not have been won without the Russians, and I would argue that their manpower contribution to the war effort was more than that of the US. You just have to look at the casualty figures, and the fact that they fought the bulk of the Nazi forces themselves on the Eastern Front.

I do have to ask though, whats the difference between this and the superiority complex the US military and government displays sometimes, or the one the British government and armed forces display? In this digital world we live in there needs to be balance.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

The need for it. Sure, those did happen decades ago in US, but not in the same scale today. Instead, Russia seems to have still that need and after Soviet fell there were a long time that particular need was not visible, not seen or heard out loud.. Now it is and Question is WHY?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Was that video seriously distributed by the embassy? how do you know this?

Thats a pretty blunt, but fair warning by the kremlin.... if indeed they are the ones that produced it.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Russian youtubers, completely not backed by the government of course, really have high producing values

foreignpolicy.com...

Those amateur videos have Michael Bay CGI level

edit on 6-3-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

And Deputy Prime Minister of Russia is Dmitry Rogozin.
Twitter links
Rogozin
Russian Embassy in Finland

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yawn. Just another tick on the countdown to WW3, I suppose. I'll grant them that it's the most blatant of the little videos that I have seen, but I still wouldn't worry too much about all of this. It will likely be another proxy war fought a thousand miles from both borders, and I really feel sorry for Europe and the Middle East right now, because they're caught between two imperialistic nations.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I'm not looking to say your impression is wrong in the slightest. But, what immediately came to mind was the axiom that the victors write the history books.

I'm fairly certain that the US has gilded the lily with an extra pound or two of gold leaf.....

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't understand Russian but the video looks like the intro to the Russian version of 'Black Ops' video game. Only instead of the US sending well trained soldiers to murder people righteously across the globe, it is Russia.

Americans like to fantasize about US supremacy trampling the earth with advanced weapons. What is wrong with Russia doing the same?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Funny Vid Dollukka...nice thread!

Everything it says I think Russians already believe. Russians have thought they spread development all over the old Soviet Union for many years now. Of course the truth is other countries developed much faster outside the Union because their resources weren't taken.

I see this as simply trying to reaffirm Russia's greatness to Russians myself. Probably targeted to Russians living outside of Russia itself. People from the West surely don't buy this propaganda video I would hope. There is going to be more and more of it as the Cold War returns to the World.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

A video that celebrates the triumphs of Russian imperialism titled "I am a Russian Occupier" has been shared on Twitter by Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who oversees the country's military-industrial complex.

"Hello. I am a Russian occupier. This is my profession, it just so happened historically," says the video, tweeted Saturday by Rogozin. It has been viewed more than 3 million times since last week. Rogozin was one of the first Russian officials to be blacklisted by the U.S. over what the West claims was the illegal takeover of the Black Sea peninsula Crimea in March last year. He was later added to the EU and Canadian sanctions list. Set against backdrop of cartoon graphics and dramatic music, the video lists the benefits of Russian occupation and the comparative drop in life quality now experienced by those who proclaimed their independence from Moscow.

Siberia, which was conquered by Russia in the sixteenth century, is now home to oil, gas and aluminum-mining industries. Women are no longer traded in exchange for "sable skins," the video's voiceover says. In the Baltics, Russian occupation brought rapid development to the region, which became known for its production of high-quality radio equipment and cars. But, the video says, "they asked me to leave," and now the region produces only sprats — a type of fish — while some of its residents are cleaning toilets in Europe, the voice adds.

Factories, canals and cosmodromes were built in Central Asia after it was occupied by Russia. Now, the region relies on American credit and marijuana production, says the video, noting that part of the Central Asian population travel to Russia in search of employment by their former occupiers.

Ukraine is also mentioned in the video, with the voiceover saying the country went into free fall after gaining independence from Russia and is now heading toward bankruptcy under its new pro-Western "dictatorship."

"Yes, I'm an occupier and I am tired of apologizing for it," says the voiceover, before detailing a list of those who have tried and failed to conquer Russia — including French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte and Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

It also says that Russians don't need Western "freedoms" or "democracy," while images of the detention camp Guantanamo Bay and the rainbow flag associated with gay rights flash across the screen.

"I politely ask you for the last time, don't mess with me! I build peace, I love peace, but I know how to fight better than anyone. Sincerely, your Russian occupier," concludes the almost 3-minute long video.

The Moscow times

The funny thing is that even this is propaganda, it´s spread by people who have high seats in Russia. Embassies do not spread propaganda like this unless they have been told to, this is not only domestic propaganda ment to Russian people .. they are sending a message. Message is F##K you we do what we want !

What comes to so called benefits of Soviet rule in these countries.. these countries paid much more than they received under their rule. Treated as second class citizens while Russians took all good jobs from them, houses and income.. What is so great about it ? It served Russians only.
edit on 6-3-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
With all that out of the way, i actually think this propaganda video is a worrying development. It is harking back to the old days...

If this is the Russian government's message and stance, then it is one we must meet decisively. While we don't need another cold war or any more tensions, i think it might be dangerous to let Russia start raising these points and acting in such ways...

There are plenty of people out there commenting on the similarities between Germany in the 1930's and Russia today.

This was actually started with the laws in Russia against LGBT people, and several Human Rights groups started making the comparisons back then. It seems they have been rather rapidly proven absolutely right in their assessments back then too.

Just in the last few years Russia has indeed become more closed as a society, media has been seized by the Kremlin, there is 24 hour nationalist propaganda being preached on TV and radio all over the country - and eve in other countries through their hacking of their broadcast systems. Even the educational system has got in on the act, with reports suggesting that several regions of Russia have now started rewriting history to make Russians the "master race".

Just last week it was reported that the only fully surviving Gulag from Stalin's regime, used as a museum to educate people about the horrors of that time, has been seized by the state and the history there is being rewritten to make Stalin a hero. The former director of that Gulag, the Russian citizen who operated it as a museum, has openly expressed his fears about what it being done in his own country.

I really don't think the West is taking this as seriously as we should be.

I said a long time ago that Putin seems to be reading through what Hitler did, and thinks he knows where the nutter when wrong. Everything Putin is doing was done by Hitler, only now Putin has the power of mass media the likes of which Hitler never had.

Just how far will he go? Will we end up doing exactly what we had to do in WW2? And will we end up regretting not acting when we had the chance?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
What comes to so called benefits of Soviet rule in these countries.. these countries paid much more than they received under their rule. Treated as second class citizens while Russians took all good jobs from them, houses and income.. What is so great about it ? It served Russians only.

I do love how many seem to want to claim that the Russian way of doing things is so much better, and that supposedly Europe is a cesspit... these people never seem able to explain the following facts:

Europeans are wealthier than Russians
Europeans live longer
Europe has better education
Europe has more press freedom
The quality of life in Europe is far higher than Russia (and we're talking massively higher)
Employment opportunities are greater in Europe than Russia, even through economic crisis
Alcoholism is lower in Europe than Russia

I could obviously go on.

The notion that Russia thinks it's so much better than the rest of the world, and so determined to attack Europe over so many things, is a nonsense to any sane and rational person. The statistics and the reality do not lie. People in Europe are better off than people in Russia, and this is exactly why Ukraine wanted closer ties with the successful Europe than with the depressing and authoritarian Russia.

If anyone here actually lived in Ukraine, or Russia, and knew the truth, they would have been out there on the streets of Kiev demanding a path to Europe too. This is precisely why there were so many young people there protesting - they actually get it, they're the ones who've been outside, they're the ones who see what life is like for others and they're the ones terrified of being yet another resource for the Russian Oligarchs to plunder.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Russians might love their culture. Good for them. That is one sour bunch of people though. One wonder what it is at the root of all that stoicism (AKA permanent bad mood).

Moscow is polluted, chaotic and uniformly the color of weathered concrete. Maybe the aesthetic torture disturbs people?

That might be great for some. Didn't appeal to me. I didn't want to leave Red Square.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join