It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elo: Help With Links Needed - Earth & Time Cycle:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Thanx to the confidence in my spell check program I’m making this ATS leap. My interest is from 1 day to the Milky-way cycles and their affects, if any, on Earth. Links to widen my scope would be appreciated. Although it doesn’t matter the following should give a basic idea where I’m at in this study and how I think. I must also mention that I’m not English speaking by nature and hope that my word sequences don’t make my sentences to be misinterpreted.

The fact that our Solar System is affected by so many unknowns, highlight the importance of our movement in the Orion Spur. This however is an ongoing study with either our sine wave travel around the Milky-way plane or a possible rotation around a larger star. We are not a rouge Solar System racing uncontrollably through space, and in a Universe where everything basically rotates around something bigger, makes our bobbing up and down through the Milky-way plane difficult to grasp. And then the chilling thread on ATS about spy agencies interest in studying the climate as a possible weapon. Ouch! We do not even understand our normal cycles fully and the proof is overwhelming against interference with nature, without understanding the consequences to the balance. That was my main motivation in becoming a member as I felt like giving my 2 cents worth on the subject.

I have done some research on the Milankovitch cycle, available scientific data from multiple platforms (ice-core, lake-sediment, etc., etc) and the hypothesis about the solar forcing being the reason skipping the triggering point that basically doubled the warm period 400 000 thousand years ago. I also had done some research on our seasons, moon and time cycles (from 1 day up to the Meton cycle). Because the Sun is currently questioning our knowledge with its behavior, which I do not believe is unique, we should investigate the cycles outside the 11+ and 30 years. Just the resonance cycles alone, between planets, their alignments and affects on our Sun, ad a whole new dimension to it. For its 1500 year cycle and current wave of 3-4km comets hitting the Sun (mentioned by another member – he he). It becomes clear we should look at the Orion Spur or need to find those possible far-off gaseous planets in our solar system. But I’m sure I would have a massif headache if I was the Sun getting bombarded like that.

It’s obvious that it’s not the cycles alone affecting our current climate, but as we do not have clear-cut answers; we just got to look at each possible scenario on its own merit. Some members are doing excellent work on this. But the fact that we are damaging Earth and contributing needs no statistics, trying to pinpoint and taxing a possible reason however, will be a waste of time. There are obviously more to it than me and the cows affecting it because we are not on the other planets in our Solar System, which also seems to be affected.

I also believe the Earth will neutralize itself, through some events, due to the temperature’s influence on the crust if it gets outside its normal scope. But again the statistics prove that the Earth was hotter, sea levels higher and lower and the atmosphere basically the same to a previous time, which didn’t extinct uncle Orangutan, and cousin Chimpanzee, maybe just gave them a bump or two on the head.

Thanks

I try to visit ATS daily although not always possible.

edit on 6-3-2015 by ICycle2 because: beginner

edit on 6-3-2015 by ICycle2 because: getting there

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

Very interesting first post! I'm going to go learn more.

Welcome to ATS. No doubt some grey bore will be along to tell you to only post introductions and not nice stuff like this in your introduction. Bu***r them!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No doubt some grey bore will be along to tell you to only post introductions and not nice stuff like this in your introduction. Bu***r them!

Hopefully not, I still struggle with stage fright on this massif ATS platform. If my intro looks like a thread then I got it wrong because it’s purely meant to be as an insight of how I think, my humor and to find more links too broaden my scope. But yes, opinions differ.
I’ll post “Elo 2” in case I get kicked on the “you know what”
edit on 6-3-2015 by ICycle2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2015 by ICycle2 because: learning

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Seriously, don't worry about spelling or being wary of coming on here. There's some really welcoming people on here... There are some who will go out of their way to make you feel stupid so they can feel big but those are the ones with the problem.

From what I read in your intro you are pretty smart and in the right place to educate some of us - It's easy for me to say but throw your stage fright in the bin and big yourself up!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- Firstly, "Welcome".. Now that the niceties have been swapped. Is the word in the title "Elo" short for 'EloHim'? There is a train of thought that the 'EloHim' is an entity in which had a part in the creation of this realm. I mention this because of the Orion link, which is inter-linked.. You will find information regarding this at "Law of One" ...

If 'Elo' is short for "Elo Old Chum" then I still welcome You, the "other Me"...

namaste

P.S. I hope You find what You're looking for.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Is the word in the title "Elo" short for 'EloHim'?

No just a slang for my part in South Africa

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You sure know how to make an entrance-Welcome.

I was about to mention the Milankovitch cycle but you clearly beat me to it. If you are looking for info you might wanna try arxiv.org it's a treasure trove of published papers and it has a search function that could help you.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

It's easy for me to say but throw your stage fright in the bin and big yourself up![/ quote]

Thanks for the advice, will do that. However I’ve been following ATS for some years and sorry to say I did see double standards from time to time. I think that why “mood choice” is becoming more prominent as it affects our answers and decisions.
My knowledge on cycles should be more than that of the normal person because I’ve been studying it for a while. As I was nearing a dead end I decided to join ATS for help which speak for itself.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

If you are looking for info you might wanna try arxiv.org it's a treasure trove of published papers and it has a search function that could help you.[/ quote]

Thanks for the Welcome. Your link looks excellent for digging and I will do just that over the weekend.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
AAhh. To look on all those peer reviewed papers looking to validate this or that all of which leads you down the path of humans past and future existence.
Everything that you wish to look on is specifically biased to the human perspective. Who are we? Answer, nobody. Are we the most successful being on the planet? answer, no.
The guy who wrote the line in the Matrix film put it more succinctly for me "humans are just a parasite on the earth".
We are as nothing to the earth or the universe. We could go extinct in which case the earth would still go on spinning its way around the universe which in its own right will not give a toss for us humans.
Oh, by the way greetings and don't be daunted or upset by any replies as they are only opinions by strangers. Sticks and stones and all that.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Thanks

But how did you find this post, it disappeared from ATS without a warning?

edit on 6-3-2015 by ICycle2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It didn't disappear from me. Keep posting, keep us updated on your quest and as I said don't be totally upset at some replies as they can be quite offensive sometimes. I know as I can be quite sarcastic unintentionally sometimes.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I found it under "Fragile Earth", didn't think an introduction will be moved. Getting there

new topics

top topics

join