It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont give up. Get back up. Hold it down.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So I was thinking,

Never give up. Its the fight that ennobles though no fight is noble. It is all just necessary or not. No struggle is complete and perfect. No cause greater than the day and the people who machined away in it. All we are as a whole is the measure of our limitations and boundaries personally. Personally we are the measure unchecked and the boundary broken in what we do, say and think. I am everything I defy. Death, gods, destiny and decree I defy for joy, peace and my truth.

Sisyphus is wise in choosing his destiny. Though he is perpetually in what is seemingly useless labor.... He is stronger than his rock and the Gods every time he walks back down the mountain light as a feather....chasing after his object of torment. Sisyphus smiles...Think of his strained face pressed eternally to the stone which is not impossible to raise to the heavens but impossible of keeping there. It is also worth mention of his eager stride back down after the stone once his task is complete. It is forever complete and renewing. It is so in its impossibility and absurdity. It is the absurd victory. That of a true hero, the anti-hero.

In ourselves we effect change. In our portion of world we rule our destiny by our choice. Like with all change one must insist. Not because it is logical or meritorious to do so. No. We do it all...all is all...because its a war to see who tires first...if life tires of throwing us down, or if we will tire of getting back up.

In front of a store a shop owner plants a tree with flowers in a barrel. He wants to beautify the world he lives in. Make it better.
Along comes a boy that every day picks the flowers and uproots the tree. This happens every few days. What should the shop owner do, stop planting the flowers and the tree when they are destroyed? This simply because it is all not permanent enough?

The shop owner could instead keep planting what the boy destroys because he didnt plant them thinking they would be there for ever. He planted them thinking that they should be there and he will see to it that they are. Every time the shop owner fixes everything he is like Sisyphus walking back down the mountain after his stone. What has the boy REALLY destroyed? The shop keeper defies him every time like Sisyphus did the gods and death itself. The shop keeper planting it all anew every time necessary is like Sisyphus raising the stone of his mortality to the heavens. If the shop keeper did this every time necessary no matter the times it was all destroyed, he would then be keeping the same spirit alive that made him plant them in the first place. He is choosing how to suffer and why but more importantly he is choosing to defy life and its absurdity in the name of his truth and his happiness.

If the boy one day forgets to rip the flowers out, then the shop keeper will have won. When the boy moves, grows up or what have you, when the boy is no longer ripping out the flowers every few days....and the tree grows strong, and the flowers blossom every spring....then the shop keeper will have kept his intention true and completed his purpose he chose when he chose to change his world and make it better in that one thing...his store front...No matter the cost, no matter the cross...Doing what you came to do.

Do not tire of creating, recreating, and starting anew. Do not tire of standing back up. Do not tire of YOUR WORLD. Your store front. Your portion of world and humanity. Dont give up.

May the force be with you.
Peace and long life, live long and prosper.
Nanu nanu
Starbuck, what do you hear?
Have a good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 3 6 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nice encouraging read Tadaman

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Nicely said!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Fall down 9 times , stand up 10 .

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
one more

edit on 3 6 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

leolady

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Do not tire of creating, recreating, and starting anew. Do not tire of standing back up. Do not tire of YOUR WORLD. Your store front. Your portion of world and humanity. Dont give up.

great message

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Nanu nanu

Wouldn't it be fun to see a hybrid of Spock and Mork..? We would call him Spork!

The first time I ran across you was in the Fort Anthem thread, and it would appear you have a knack for expressing your thoughts.

Keep on keepin' chief...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I am glad you guys found it useful. Thank you everyone for the ups.

Hold it down people.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Thanks Tadaman, I needed to read this. I almost gave up today.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
WOW, i've never seen Australias sixth verse of our national anthem played with Cellos before, watched it twice already.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Thanks Tadaman, I needed to read this. I almost gave up today.

Never give up. Never surrender.

new topics

top topics

join