It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Brazilian Church is creating an "army"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Ever wondered meet the rigidity of the Armed Forces with religion? The power of this combination is already known around the world, most recently between organizations of Islamic fundamentalism, like al Qaeda and the Islamic State. But we need not go that far. In Brazil, the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God did the same, but making use of the Gospel and Christian faith.

Biggest Brazilian Church is creating an "army"

Well, this news is just bombing on the social media in the country. A real army being organized by the largest church currently active in the country? I mean, this is scary. Anyway, here's the rest of the news.

Entitled ' Gladiators Altar ' , this group won a series of videos on YouTube , which shows " men being prepared for the work of God ," according to Bishop Renato Lucas, video recorded on a date in Piauí . The opponent according to hi mis from "Hell ," without giving details on who would be these ' demons ' .

According to the website of Universal , the Gladiators Altar program is connected to the Universal Youth Force and was released in 2014 and is intended for the preparation of boys " different ages to serve God on the altar ." Throughout the morning of Tuesday , the church withdrew from the air several videos of group services. You can still find some on YouTube.

I would say this needs to be shutdown. This reminds me of the germany nazy and we all know this didn't end well.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Their marching was not very synchronized.. Really awful. Young guys like the idea of being in army its part of their growing up i guess. When they are in real army long enough, they understand its quite different what they thought.

Couldn´t find how many "soldiers" this church has, the amount of those in the video wasn´t that much. This probably is more like a boy scout activity than a real army.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha
I know no Spanish.
Are they really expecting to fight human enemies, or is it just the military metaphor that William Booth used when he founded the Salvation Army, the "fighting the forces of hell" concept?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Maybe they will take on ISIS in a crusade of some sorts?

Or maybe they'll bring about some social dictatorship and share the wealth on infrastructure, industry and health?
Whilst investing heavily in defence and creating an army so large that it could take over the World. But that's not going to happen is it?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well this is a little disturbing. Like we need more religious wackadoodles taking things into their own hands these days. SMH, people never learn.

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I know no Spanish.

< facepalm > It's Portuguese. Some similarities to/sharing of Spanish words, but dude, it's Portuguese Brasilians speak.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I doubt Jesus would agree with that.
An army of killers with jiu jitsu skills. Great.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Sorry, didn't stop to think.
But since I don't know Portuguese either, the amendment doesn't alter the situation.
I still look for clarification from someone who knows the language.

edit on 5-3-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I know no Spanish.
Are they really expecting to fight human enemies, or is it just the military metaphor that William Booth used when he founded the Salvation Army, the "fighting the forces of hell" concept?

In Brazi lwe speak Portuguese-Brazilian.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes, I've already been corrected on that point.
And what about an answer to the question? Is this about literal physical fighting, or is it just the old military metaphor about "fighting Satan"? It affects the way we understand them.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

And what about an answer to the question? Is this about literal physical fighting, or is it just the old military metaphor about "fighting Satan"? It affects the way we understand them.

Read Promise Keepers literature. It's chock-full of militarisms and talk of forming God's army for real physical confrontations with the agents of Satan (ie. anyone who isn't one of them). Scary.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That's the crux, isn't it.
If they're planning to raise a genuine army, well, that's not okay. Jesus Himself said "my Kingdom is not of this world", while Paul stresses that "we do not battle against flesh and blood..."

So if their intent is to fight "against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.", then... whatever. Let them go nuts. ...not that The Bible's intent was that Christians should raise literal armies against the "spiritual forces of evil", but...

raising a metaphorical army against a literal spiritual foe? Whatever. Have fun.
raising a literal army against a literal, earthly foe? Nothing in the Bible supports that.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am not quite sure where my religious beliefs would fall with respect to established religions, but I know various religions relatively well in an academic sense, and in this post I am going to compare the idea of violence with the idea of Christianity. This is not to "preach" to other people, which I only point out for the benefit of the ignorant people who automatically have this strong aversive reaction to anything Christian, even if someone is simply trying to discuss the tenets of the religion.

What I find sad is the way Christianity has been dissected and reconfigured by so many groups in an attempt to fit their personal, political, and military objectives. Christianity, as everyone should know, is based upon the teachings of Jesus and the belief that Jesus was the Messiah. What we know of the teachings of Jesus are found in the New Testament of the Bible, mostly from the Gospels, or the first four books. There is no way that anyone who truly grasped the religion, which is relatively easy to understand in broad terms regarding how people should behave, would attempt to use the religion to further violence and hate. As I said, it is a very simple matter to determine whether Christianity, or the teachings of Jesus, are compatible with violence, hatred, etc...There is no accidentally misinterpreting these teachings because of their simplicity, therefore anyone who uses Christianity to further non-peaceful desires is either so moronic that their reading comprehension skills are non-existent, or they know good and well that they are taking advantage of the religion itself.

There are other religions that can easily be interpreted as supporting violence, or that do not forbid it, and those religions should be interpreted as being a negative influence. I say this because the religion is to blame when it teaches or allows bad things, while only certain people are to blame when they skew certain teachings to fit their own desires. That is what is happening with Christianity. The Holy Wars waged by supposed Christians were not holy at all, because they were contrary to the most basic fundamentals of Christianity. And anyone who would form an army that would use violence while claiming it is in the name of Christianity is taking advantage of the religion, because the religion teaches nothing but peace. Again, Christianity is based around Jesus. Thus why it is called CHRISTianity in the first place. Get it? And at no point did Jesus teach people to be violent towards one another. Even when someone is wronged they are not to turn to violence. You know, the whole "turn the other cheek" saying? Jesus also taught that judgment could only be performed by the Creator, and that people should not judge one another.

Essentially all Christians should be working to avoid violence, hatred, intolerance, etc...All of those are negative things. The religion teaches its followers to love their neighbors, meaning everyone, and to forgive those who do them wrong. Infinite forgiveness is what Jesus taught, not just once, twice, or three times. The way it is worded in the NT may be interpreted by some as having a limit, but they are misunderstanding that the exact words were meant to imply infinite forgiveness. Anyway, it is obvious to me that religions should be judged based upon how they teach people to interact with other people. ANY RELIGION that abhors violence and teaches people to be tolerant, loving, and forgiving to all other individuals IS A POSITIVE FORCE in our world. The problem with Christianity is not what it teaches, rather the problem is how people purposely skew it for their own reasons, and then teach their incompatible views to other people. Take a group like the Westboro Baptist Church. They are going against so many of the things that Jesus taught that it is obvious they are only Christians in name. Judging by their actions alone, there is no way their beliefs are compatible with Christianity. And any combat force formed in the name of Christianity cannot be a "Christian army," because the two are not compatible. Since Christianity teaches non-violence, ANY violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity is actively working against the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

oh on the contrary... this is beautiful considering what the church has been going through in Brazil.

one best fear the wrath of God!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Maybe they will take on ISIS in a crusade of some sorts?

Or maybe they'll bring about some social dictatorship and share the wealth on infrastructure, industry and health?
Whilst investing heavily in defence and creating an army so large that it could take over the World. But that's not going to happen is it?

Huffington Post Brazil?

I don't think so bro, this paper is a liberal elitist conglomerate.

brought to you by AOL/Time Warner, you know those big companies the liberal left-wing is supposed to hate because they are ruining our lives.

Global Leader in Entertainment

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
How much is this Brazilian offshoot steeped in Liberation Theology? That might explain some of it. Much of the Catholic Churches in South America teach liberation theology.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Which Jesus do they believe in? The son of the deceiver who seeks to destroy or The Healer and Son of The Merciful Father in Heaven?

Matthew 5:44-46

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?"

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Which Jesus do they believe in? The son of the deceiver who seeks to destroy or The Healer and Son of The Merciful Father in Heaven?

Matthew 5:44-46

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?"

Is it possible for you to have a conversation without puking scripture? Thank you.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

It's relevant. They're a church and this thread was posted in the religion section.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Tangerine

It's relevant. They're a church and this thread was posted in the religion section.

Anyone who doesn't have a Bible can find one online. If they want to read one, they will. These threads are for communication among ATS members. Don't you have thoughts or your own to share?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
How much is this Brazilian offshoot steeped in Liberation Theology? That might explain some of it. Much of the Catholic Churches in South America teach liberation theology.

Well, i never liked really liked religion at all. So i really don't understand not even the basics. Whomever, The Catholic Church in Brazil is very similar to the Christian Church in the United States. Most of them is also very similar to the ones where the preachers ask for the faithful money. We even have TV challens for "donations", incluiding three channels from this army's Church.

As far as i know from news around, it's seems to be an army. But not very well organized. The governement is alredy looking on them, so i'm not really worried.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join