It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth In Media Comes to AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The management and staff of AboveTopSecret.com are extremely pleased to welcome Ben Swann and his fearless investigative grassroots journalism, Truth In Media.

Ben and his team are partnering not with us, the management of ATS, but you, the members of ATS. So that together, we're part of the conversation that big media has failed and is nothing more than propaganda and distraction for the masses.

Two-time Emmy Award winner and three-time Edward R. Murrow award winner, Ben is an investigative journalist who has become as just as fed-up with the Big Media Industrial Complex as we have become, if not more so. He's confronted presidents and presidential candidates on the tough issues that national media are not interested in covering. Not long ago, many of you got to know him in one of the must engaging Ask-Me-Anything threads we've ever had: My Name Is Ben Swann and I left Fox 19 to Bring Truth To Media, Ask Me Anything

Regarding that fearless investigative grassroots journalism, his own words say it best:

Journalism in its purest form is a high calling. In its worst (current) form, it is nothing more than propaganda and distraction for the masses. The Fourth Estate, as journalism has historically been called, was derived for the purpose of holding elected leaders, legislators and public servants accountable to the people. Nearly every major issue the United States faces today; loss of civil liberties, the drug war, foreign wars and intervention, the growing police state, the endless printing of currency, the rise and fall of the petro-dollar, drone strikes, American soil as a battlefield, total disregard for rule of law, and so on, can be directly traced to a lack of exposure by, or understanding from journalists.

For two and half years I have heard day after day about media blackout, about corporations having too much control over media, about the need for honesty and truth. I have heard about how the American public is asleep and there is no one in MSM speaking about the issues of our disappearing liberties, no one to push back against the left/right paradigm.

What I have done is stepped out in response to what millions of Americans from the Tea Party and Occupy movements, from independents to the fast growing Liberty movement have been crying out for. The opportunity is here… not MY opportunity, YOUR opportunity.

This project is about restoring power to the people. It will be journalism by the people and for the people.

The Truth In Media forum on ATS will be our place to engage with Ben's team; to contribute your voices, your opinions, and your ideas to journalism by the people and for the people. Together we'll fight back against the lies, distortions, and deflections of mainstream media.

You may not always agree with what Ben and his team have to say on important issues. That's fine, in fact, that's part of the reason he and his team are coming here. It's not lock-step agreement they're looking for -- it's the collaborative engagement with our members who for years have consistently shown that you care, that brings them to ATS.

For more info on Ben and his efforts…

Ben Swann's Bio

Truth In Media Website

Truth In Media YouTube Channel

Truth In Media on Facebook

Follow Ben Swann on Twitter

So join us in welcoming Ben and his team, and get ready for even more fearless investigative grassroots journalism on ATS.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I look forward to reading future Ben Swann postings on ATS.

So, welcome Ben Swann!

edit on 5/3/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

link   
Welcome, Mr. Swann! I have followed your work for some time, very excited to see you here.

Thank you for taking time out of your undoubtedly very busy schedule to spend a little time with us here.

And a big thank you to SkepticOverlord and the other ATS owners for arranging this! I'll be following this forum quite closely.

Mr. Swann, I look forward to your postings!

link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

This is great news! I love Ben and the work he and his crew produce and I'm happy to see their work will be apart of our beloved little community!

Congrats to you and the Ben Swann crew on a job well done!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I agree.Washington is out of control because no one is holding their feet to the fire.Namely the fourth estate.Swann is right.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Very exciting! I watched several of Ben's videos last night, good stuff. I'm glad ATS gets this opportunity!

Woot Woot!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ben Swann.

The "investigative" journalist who seeks only to demonize the US because, well, it attracts ratings.

When I read Ben, all I have is the impression that I am reading pro-russian propaganda such as Pravda.ru and RT.

His source about how "bad US is" even includes Islamist generals! Is that his idea of unbias?

Sorry SO - nice job but this forum won't be for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Great never heard of him but I have done some research and he appears to be a decent guy.
Welcome dude

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Great to have Benn Swan on ATS, again. I am pleased.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Jee does anyone else remember "Don't Tread on Media".....

What about "ATS RECAP"

or "ATS news".......

and when was Jesse Ventura last online????

these things go on cycles on ATS, NLBS will probably fizzle out soon enough, just like this new partnership with Ben Swan will probably be a distant memory in a years time. Loyal members stick around

But hey, if it creates some good content for a while am all for it.

And I guess it is free publicity for Ben Swan
edit on 5-3-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

This is just about the smartest thing that ATS has done, aside from the birth of ATS.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. Love this! THIS is why I love ATS!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Funny how Ben Swann is pushing for a revolution inside the USA...

Ben Swann: 'The USA Has a Monarchy. Let It Have a Glorious Revolution'

...aligning with KGB's decade-old tactic:

KGB Funds Revolutionary Party Inside USA

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One thing I forgot to mention. Along with Ben comes a long-term member of his team, and exceptionally experienced online guy, Zack under the "TruthInMedia" account. He'll be the new staff member assigned to this forum, he's been a fan of ATS for a while, and this whole thing pretty much started out as his idea.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey, cool. Can't wait to sink my stubborn mule teeth into this.

🆒🆒🆒

👣

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Welcome Ben!

I googled "Ben Swann Rush Limbaugh" and see lots of good results of both your praise so I hope that "develop" over your long stay here.

There are a lot here that do not like Rush...so heads-up.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I tend to agree that these people arrive in a blaze of ATS publicity and then their/our/all interest eventually dies and they fade away after a while.

I have to admit I've never even heard of this guy.

But he sounds interesting, when he says:

This project is about restoring power to the people. It will be journalism by the people and for the people.

So if he bring some interesting, thought provoking content amongst all the chaff here on ATS then I'm all for it too.

ETA : Ben's first report is now up and online

I'll hand it to him. He is very slick and professional and it's interesting to see the way this ISIS problem is portrayed across the Atlantic. It's mainly about how the USA has provided weapons and vehicles to ISIS both directly and indirectly. Meanwhile here in Britain we seem to be sending them personnel from our population of disaffected Mulsims. I'd like to hear his take on that one as well!

edit on 5/3/15 by mirageman because: add to thread

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
this is fantastic, empowering, and exciting! Welcome Ben and team, can't wait!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Let's not get too far off-topic, but to repeat what has previously been said...

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
What about "ATS RECAP"

One of the team got a full-time job and had to bow-out.

or "ATS news"

Johnny wanted to move on to some more freewheeling things.

and when was Jesse Ventura last online?

The Ora.TV people wanted a new agreement that was unfavorable to us.

NLBS will probably fizzle out soon enough

Still going strong.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Welcome to Ben and team... looking forward to this

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join