It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America On the Brink of Losing Constitutional Form of Government Forever

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

His worshippers would call anyone that is against an unconstitutional attempt to raise taxes like that a bigot.(until it starts to bite them on the a_ _.then they would start crying about it.)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

When it is the same liberals constantly doing it-then yes it becomes a liberal tactic.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: johnwick

It is the behavior of a dictator.

I agree totally, one would think this a banana republic if you just looked how law was being made without knowing the country name.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: FalcoFan

Asking for a verifiable source is now just a "childish liberal tactic"? Weird, I thought that was part of the learning process. You know, verifying facts instead of taking the speaker at face value.
How does one verify an opinion?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

An opinion is fine. An opinion is a personal take on a subject. We all have opinions. Just don't express said opinion as fact and expect not to be questioned on it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You asserted that the civil rights movement was done via voting and congress. And while you're mostly correct, there WERE executive orders handed down during the civil rights era to help push things along.

So I simply gave some examples of those executive orders. I'm not saying I disagree that you assert Obama is overreaching with his executive authority, he certainly is to a degree. However, I personally agree with his amnesty order. Why spend countless millions deporting illegals when you can give them avenues to LEGAL residency, and turn what otherwise may have been someone getting paid under the table to avoid deportation into a legal taxpayer, and contributing member of the United States?

Um because it violates the law??!!!

What happens when it becomes popular to deport anyone with a handicap, is OK for a pres to just EO that?

Why not, if it is OK now?

Because you agree?

That doesn't make it right.

We have the process we do for a reason.

So that the interests of more than just what is popular at the time is served.

Besides, why is it our responsibility to take these illegals in?

Because they screwrd up their own country so bad they can't stand it?

They need to just get their crap together at home.

The west is in freefall right now on all fronts, economically socially educationally....

It all began when the west began mass importing foreigners.

The story is the same across the board in every western nation.

Did it ever occur to you immigration laws exist for a reason?

Specifically this reason?

No nation can mass import lowvpaid workers without its middle class suffering for it.

It is simple supply and demand.

In fact the founders even talked about it extensively.

Because it is an issue.

Sure when you have a giant empty country it helps at first to settle the land.

When it isalready settled.... It destroys economies.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The executive Branch under Obama is extremely dangerous and jealous.

They will punish the majority because of the massive Democrat failure last November.

They will even sacrifice their own.

Vengeance is their plan.

Definitely a banana peel regime.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The executive Branch under Obama is extremely dangerous and jealous.

They will punish the majority because of the massive Democrat failure last November.

They will even sacrifice their own.

Vengeance is their plan.

Definitely a banana peel regime.

We don't always agree, but when we do I drink dos equis.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You might want to take a look back to the Patriot Act.
Or is it only a problem when it's a Democrat?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I agree that there needs to be tougher immigration laws, and stricter border enforcement. Unchecked immigration is what lead to the situation we see in Sweden/France/etc. I completely agree with you on this. But America is a country known for not turning away those already inside her borders.

Yes, secure the borders. Personally, I like to see ALL immigration stopped, unless the immigrant has at minimum a four year college education. Japan has that policy, and it has worked wonders to ensure that the immigrants who DO come here to Japan are skilled, and can find GOOD work, and contribute the economy.

But those that are already inside, give them a little breathing room. Give them avenues to legal status so they too can contribute. America isn't heartless.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

a reply to: FalcoFan

Asking for a verifiable source is now just a "childish liberal tactic"? Weird, I thought that was part of the learning process. You know, verifying facts instead of taking the speaker at face value.

If they have to verify facts by posting a valid source suddenly they find it is not a "fact" at all, just a made up story!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I'm unsure on that. Honestly, I have changed my mind here on ATS before, because someone posted sources when I have asked for them. To me, it's part of any good debate.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

You might want to take a look back to the Patriot Act.
Or is it only a problem when it's a Democrat?

That's another good point, so many only object when the party they don't prefer does it.

For example all the libs whinnibg about bush, obama has outstripped bush in every single category by leaps and bounds but one. He hasn't started a war yet.

Obama makes Bush's white house look like an open door glass house with no secrets.

Obama has killed more people in just one country we aren't at war with, than bush did in every country we aren't at war with combined ( not saying this was a bad thing, just that it did happen) and the libs say nothing.

The libs complained about bush if he sneezed in public, yet nothing in any if Obamas many transgressions.

Same for repubs....mum on bush, but very vocal to point out obama didn't shake it more than once before zipping back up.

I call it how I see reguardless who is in power, because they are all crooks, every last one of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

I'm unsure on that. Honestly, I have changed my mind here on ATS before, because someone posted sources when I have asked for them. To me, it's part of any good debate.

Indeed, a good argument only goes so far.

Starred

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

True story, bye bye to constitution... it is now a dictatorship. The president can write his own laws and congress no longer has powers.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

An opinion is fine. An opinion is a personal take on a subject. We all have opinions. Just don't express said opinion as fact and expect not to be questioned on it.
Where did the OP state it as fact, well other than Obama has issued ECs that can be challenged by the law for their constitutionality? Even the article is opinion. Shall we assume you disagree? Haven't read all the responses to the OP, so did you take a position?
edit on 96814Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I respect my father-in-law too much to ask him that. Let him have his opinions. He's earned them.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I agree that there needs to be tougher immigration laws, and stricter border enforcement. Unchecked immigration is what lead to the situation we see in Sweden/France/etc. I completely agree with you on this. But America is a country known for not turning away those already inside her borders.

Yes, secure the borders. Personally, I like to see ALL immigration stopped, unless the immigrant has at minimum a four year college education. Japan has that policy, and it has worked wonders to ensure that the immigrants who DO come here to Japan are skilled, and can find GOOD work, and contribute the economy.

But those that are already inside, give them a little breathing room. Give them avenues to legal status so they too can contribute. America isn't heartless.

I would agree if that would be the last wave.

Let's see a wave in the 70s, they amnesty, a wave in the 80s they got amnesty a wave in the 90s they got amnesty, since the early 90s tens of millions, there are more Latinos than blacks here now, we have taken in morevthan enough, every single time this is going to be the last time and they will finally enforce the border.

It is all bs, they will not enforce the border until this is mexico once again.

I already can't watch TV in English, or hear the radio, without adds in Spanish only coming on.

EFF that, if they want to come to my country, they need to learn English.

And if they didn't follow the law to get here they need to leave.

I have for 30 years put up with this bs.

I am over it.

I want every single illegal to leave, right now.

When they follow the law, then we can talk. When they aclimate to my culture they are invading we can talk.

I am not invading their country and demanding concessions, they are doing it to mine.

Even Afghanistan can enforce their border, but magically the most powerful nation on earth can't....this is just bs man.

I have had enough of "this is the last time, then we will enforce the border".

Either enforce it now and send all the illegals packing, or just frocking annex everything south of the border including the gulf and get it over with.

This slow mission creep mass immigration bs has to stop.

It has wrecked our economy and destroyed our middle class to the point there isn't one.

In America right now, half of workers make McDonalds/Walmart wages... Seriously half!!!!

And that number is growing rapidly.

But yes, we need to just bringing more and more in.....

I don't begrudge them honestly, if I were them I would try too. But my lord, 20 more Yeats of this and 85% of the population will be on food stamps and we will have a dozen trillionaires.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Bilk, what people are we loving? Who are the "people like this"?? Not sure who your post is directed to.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Bilk, what people are we loving? Who are the "people like this"?? Not sure who your post is directed to.

Read thru the thread and make your own determinations.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join