It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UZEB For Lovers of Fusion Jazz, and Weird Musicians Like Me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I discovered UZEB back in 1994. The guitar instructor from our local University was playing in a band with some other technically advantaged players and I went to hear one night. They were practicing this really cool song and I asked who it was and it was "Spider" by UZEB. So I had to order the cd way back then and since have bought every one. UZEB is a 4 piece band from Canada who began in the early 80s if not late 70s. The bassist is Alain Caron who later became a solo bass player with amazing skills is definitely worth checking out if You like bass players. Caron's playing is on par with phenoms like Victor Wooten and Ray Riendeau. The guitar player Michael Cusson is one of my favorites as well. I will post some links from the past for those interested . This is a niche band so if you are only interested in looks this probably isn't for you. I have never posted anything about music but these guys can be a gem for licks and grooves for the musicians that are interested in this sort of thing.
This one is live jazz from 1982, some really good guitar solos in there.
www.youtube.com...

This is Alain Caron in later years ripping, the funk starts at 12:47, before that its boring, at 18:00 in check out the guy on the right
www.youtube.com...=15

Hope You enjoy! Steal some of those licks, I do.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Thanks....

www.youtube.com...

Here's mine....www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Haha that was cool, made me smile.

new topics

join