It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview: Syrian President to Portuguese Tv: "Just say the truth to your people."

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Interestng pics. I always wondered how come the "terrorists" don't threaten Israel. There it is.

See the "UN" in the background?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Interestng pics. I always wondered how come the "terrorists" don't threaten Israel. There it is.

And you think that IDF would kill every bearded man with AK without asking any questions ?

Supposedly those bearded man overrun UN base on the border with Israel, did Israel have to open indiscriminate fire ?

In that case you would say bloodthirsty Israelians killed innocent civilians without uniform only because they approached the border.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Despite what you think I imply, the photo tells all. "Jihadists" with unslung, loaded rifles 'relaxing' toe to toe with IDF soldiers. Imagine that happening in the West Bank or Gaza?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Notice how you used "Jihadists" and "relaxing" in parenthesis.

It is very plausible that those 2 man with rifles are indeed Jihadists, yet I can see another 2 man near them looking less Jihadists and I wouldn't call the posture of IDF soldier "relaxing"

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Thanks for the rare look at the other side. Western Main Stream only mentions Assad when they want to bash him.

Which has gone quiet recently, have you noticed?

«Reporter: So you blame Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, for being the backbone of those jihadists. Do you have any proof?

---

«Bashar al-Assad: Very simple.
First. What’s the ideology of ISIS? It’s Wahhabi ideology. Do we have it in Syria? Do we have it in Morroco or in the western Arab world? No. Wahhabi ideology it’s Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Some of that proof, about 7:56 into here…

liveleak

google search results

Mention of Assad went quiet because they want you to forget he exists and he's not the reason we'll soon be bombing Syria. They want us to believe it's ISIS they really want to take out while Assad will just be collateral damage. Last time they tried to use him and his alleged actions to go into a sovereign nation it backfired. The people saw right thru it and said no. It was during an election cycle and the traitors who were running for re-election didn't want to put their fanny's on the line, so they voted no. Now they need to accelerate this before the next election cycle, so we see ISIS ramping up their atrocities - you know, eating babies and all.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The problem is that we cant trust the western media regarding Assad

The liberal and conservative MSM which is in tow to Zionist philosophy and neocon and neo liberal politics all have been wrong and are part of this plot to destabilize ALL Arab regimes in the region who have ever been anti-American and anti-Israel except of course the Gulf states

The problem with relying on them to determine that Assad is this guy who massacres his people is that as far as I know it mainly comes from western propaganda outlets

Maybe he has killed his own people but this charge is hard to accept since they used such lies to murder Khadafy

He’s a dictator for sure and is fighting an insurgency but so is the Ukraine government who America supports

They're killing their own people also but we don’t hear that do we

Obama has massacred innocent civilians in drone strikes

Assad is fighting a war of survival and innocents are going to get killed

Count all the innocents that die in Israels attacks. Do they say Israel is murdering Palestinians?

edit on 5-3-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I agree that he is not good for the Sunnis in Syria. He was bad before the civil war. After part of the Sunni have rebelled and given an excuse for foreign fighters to go to Syria, I would think he is now even worse.

But what happens in middle east seem to follow the Oded Yinon Plan. Smaller states around Israel that can be controlled by Israel creating Greater Israel.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

yet I can see another 2 man near them looking less Jihadists and I wouldn't call the posture of IDF soldier "relaxing"

Neither would I. The one Israeli soldier is facing the two 'security' guards for the rebels with unslung rifles. Both sides are on guard. Back up the road there are two more 'rebels', they are more relaxed at "order arms" (rifle butts on ground, hand on muzzle).

Back further still is the actual border (parked vehicles). This was a planned meeting, they parked up the road and walked down to meet the Israelis for whatever reason. This is not a Syrian government checkpoint. They are not there managing cross border traffic. "Technically" there isn't any.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Thanks for the rare look at the other side. Western Main Stream only mentions Assad when they want to bash him.

«Reporter: So you blame Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, for being the backbone of those jihadists. Do you have any proof?

---

First. What’s the ideology of ISIS? It’s Wahhabi ideology. Do we have it in Syria? Do we have it in Morroco or in the western Arab world? No. Wahhabi ideology it’s Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

liveleak

google search results

Mention of Assad went quiet because they want you to forget he exists and he's not the reason we'll soon be bombing Syria. They want us to believe it's ISIS they really want to take out while Assad will just be collateral damage. Last time they tried to use him and his alleged actions to go into a sovereign nation it backfired. The people saw right thru it and said no. It was during an election cycle and the traitors who were running for re-election didn't want to put their fanny's on the line, so they voted no. Now they need to accelerate this before the next election cycle, so we see ISIS ramping up their atrocities - you know, eating babies and all.

Nice rundown. I concur. 'They' didn't think Syria would be such a tough nut to crack. Best laid plans and all. I imagine this is also true of Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. Ukraine as well.

Lets see, which endless war victim is next?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

---

liveleak

google search results

Nice rundown. I concur. 'They' didn't think Syria would be such a tough nut to crack. Best laid plans and all. I imagine this is also true of Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. Ukraine as well.

Lets see, which endless war victim is next?
Syria is a much tougher nut. Closer to a first world nation than third world. They also have partners in China and Russia that are valuable to all concerned. They also have a formally educated President.

The others were easy pickings compared to Syria and that's why it was left to last.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Syria is a much tougher nut. Closer to a first world nation than third world.

Well, I would judge this different by now.
Unfortunately Syria lies in ruins and resembles more of a third world nation now. I seriously hope that we get rid of ISIS soon and can stabilize the region so that they can rebuild.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: aLLeKs

Syria is a much tougher nut. Closer to a first world nation than third world.

Well, I would judge this different by now.
Unfortunately Syria lies in ruins and resembles more of a third world nation now. I seriously hope that we get rid of ISIS soon and can stabilize the region so that they can rebuild.
Yeah well the US would look like a 3rd world nation too if it was being bombed from the inside and out.

I think that was part of the plan - to make it so reasonable people want to flee, leaving scorched earth and ruins in the wake and create a power vacuum. Then with money, they back a puppet regime so they can build their natural gas pipeline to the EU. Oh and put in place a Rothschild bank, of course.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

The Pentagon said it was planning to deploy hundreds of special forces to the Middle East to train “moderate” militants outside Syria in March.

The two sides say the “moderate” militants will fight both the Syrian government and ISIL Takfiri terrorists.

US Secretary of State John Kerry says military pressure may be necessary to oust Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, indicating that Washington is still seeking a “regime change” in the Arab country.

“Ultimately a combination of diplomacy and pressure will be needed to bring about a political transition. Military pressure particularly may be necessary given President Assad's reluctance to negotiate seriously," he added.

Translation: It's my way or the highway!

Tyrants everywhere

source
edit on 6/3/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I really liked this eye opener video:

«The Hammer (USA) needs nails (terrorists/dictators/regimes) to be used»
edit on 6/3/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The US government is ridiculously annoying! As follows:
US calls on Assad to step down

The United States has once again called on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step down accusing his government of being authoritarian and brutal against Syrian people.

ooh.. the moral and authority...

The Syrian government has been fighting militants and terrorists from various countries. The United States and its regional allies - especially Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey - are supporting the militants operating inside the country.

shame on you...

Psaki extolled the militants fighting against the Syrian government saying Syria won’t be stable as long as Assad is in power. "As we have long said, Assad must go and be replaced through a negotiated, political transition that is representative of the Syrian people."

hmm... i think I recognize this slogan..

On Friday, the State Department will host a meeting attended by the Syrian opposition leaders including Ghassan Hitto, who had been proclaimed by the divided Syrian National Coalition (SNC) as “prime minister” and tasked to form an “interim government”. Hitto eventually resigned on July 8, 2013.

hum.. let's see, if you support terrorists, humm, sorry "moderate" rebels, you must be a terrorists, up's, sorry again, a "moderate" rebel too.

Assad, who was re-elected last year, has said only Syrians have the right to determine the future of their country.

This Assad guy, who as re-elected and all... of course e must be "tyrant".. take him out, take him out I say...
edit on 13/3/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The Syrian PR people made a push after the Paris attacks to try and portray Assad as a fighter against terrorists. A writer from the publications Foriegn Affairs was invited and he pod cast his experience. He said Assad seemed completely clueless about anything going on around him other than specific points he was coached on. One of the key ways he noted the Syrian PR people work is to take on truth and one fabrication and put them together.

Of course he seemed to have forgotten the terror group Hezbollah has been propping up his regime. That he released radicals from his prisons first into Iraq to cause trouble for the the US and then in Syria to cause trouble for the Free Syrian Army or that those radicals joined and help grow ISIS by connecting the two states under one group. He also seemed to forget that Assads forces and ISIS avoided fighting each other early on so the could both focus on the Western backed FSA and Kurds. And that once they had been beaten down ISIS moved on Assad as well. And of course how the revolution began with ordering of troops to fire on protesters causing them to refuse and change sides moving what was mass protests to shooting war. And that radicals then began pooring in to take advantage of the weak but growing Free Syrian Army and the Assads forces who were swithching sides every time they would be sent in to end the uprising.

Assad could have made a power sharing deal before he started shooting. Now that will never happen. There are so many factions in Syria all fighting each other that coming to a peace deal is not likely until on side wins. And with the US and West so completely uninterested in doing anything in Syria beyond the very least they can do nobody is winning anything anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Free Syrian army was too weak to remove Assad and considering Russia said NO to NATO bombing a way to Damascus more bad guys come in and can even make money selling oil:-/

This all goes back to the Washington backed Syrian national council,these are the people we talk to as the official government of Syria

ISIS IMO have Saudi and Western Intel spooks so far up at the highest level of command that the grunts on the ground don't realise their pawns being used

How long can Assad remain in power?

Or will he be setup like in Libya and given a public execution in the streets to the amusement of the Clinton family

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

of course, just by convenience, you forgot to mention US military back up to "moderate" rebel's (terrorists) (now named ISIS) to overthrow a democratic elected government that doesn't bow/serve greedy US interests...

Let me remember now, who was that guy? a 4 star US general (W. clark).. hum "7countries in 5years"...humm.

And what about the false WMD at Iraq... hum.. oh, these nasty regimes..always their.. interfering with US right to take what it wants... hum...

ooh, and what about the Israel friend attacking a sovereign country (named Syria) also, and what about israel supporting ISIS in Golan... ooh and Qatar and turkey and the Saudis and and... oh these Assad guy, is tyrant , for sure. even with majority of his people supporting him. kill him kill him

those chemicals attacks on behalf of Assad didn't work, now its time to invade, yes .. keep on going US.. you have to show the world how strong you are.. yes ...come on ... you have all the moral's.. take it all .. just take it, it's yours.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
indeed... latest news:

“The aviation of international coalition repeatedly carried out air strikes on the positions of the national militia forces and the armed forces, who are leading a fierce war against terrorists of ISIL [also formerly known ISIS, currently the Islamic State (IS)],” said a statement from Al-Moaten bloc, a member party in the government coalition.

Iraqi authorities are being urged to investigate the killing of 22 Iraqi soldiers in the western province of Anbar in what they claim was a US-led airstrike. [,,] The soldiers were killed on Wednesday when an airplane bombed the HQ of an army company near Ramadi, a city in central Iraq, about 110 kilometers west of Baghdad [..]

Iraqi govt urged to probe killing of 22 soldiers, US-led airstrikes blamed

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join