It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay - Not a choice but not born that way.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The point is being left handed is perfectly biologically normal. Having red hair is. Your comparing physical traits that have nothing to do with the depth of psychological and physiological roots of homosexuality of which little is known. Even if homosexuality is proven to be biological it's cause would most likely be because of some preverted abnormal development in utero just like autism.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Of course I would love them the same. But I would never lie to them and tell them it's normal to be gay. Just like if I had a son who was born with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. Both are NOT normal.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

And it's just sad our kids will still be having to argue about this in 20 years time but then my dad thinks gays are abnormal and thank goodness I don't share the same views, so there's still some hope.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Actually studies show that gay folk who adopt tend to be great parents.
They don't make their kids gay because of it and the kids turn out just as good as any kid brought up in a straight family.

My uncles have brought up two ex troubled kids and they have turned out amazing.
Thanks to their two dads.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Being gay is part of the human condition so it is normal, just as having green eyes is rare but also normal.
People have been gay since forever and it is around 5% of us are gay.
Bi polar and schizophrenia are medical conditions and can be cured so equating homosexuality and those is wrong.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Lol why is that creepy? I want my wife to take on the feminine role of being a mother. There are personality traits and emotions and qualities I feel only a mother can give a child. The opposite is true of a father. There are certain physical traits that I can teach and show my sons my wife can't. Why are you so insecure about traditional gender roles? I happen to believe in gender. Sorry I don't want my boys playing football with girls as much as I would discourage my son from wearing panties and dresses.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Being gay is part of the human condition so it is normal, just as having green eyes is rare but also normal.
People have been gay since forever and it is around 5% of us are gay.
Bi polar and schizophrenia are medical conditions and can be cured so equating homosexuality and those is wrong.

They aren't cured they are managed with medication and therapy. We don't know for sure what causes either. So what if 5% of the population is gay and has been forever that doesn't make it NORMAL! A certain percentage of people are born hermaphroditic does that make it biologically normal. Lol why can't you just accept being gay is not normal???? Why is that so hard? Biologically you are not normal you cannot procreate because you wouldn't normally even be attracted to the opposite sex. How is that normal biological science?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So having green eyes is not normal.
Oh and gay folk can have kids....many have.
Do you also tell woman who can not have kids that they are not normal also?.
Like I said it is part of the human condition it is part of humanity.
Sure If you wish to label folk as abnormal sure do but you are wrong.
edit on 5-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

But you could say being red haired is not normal because only a small number of people have red hair, but would you actively teach your child that red haired people are not normal?

link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

The point is being left handed is perfectly biologically normal. Having red hair is. Your comparing physical traits that have nothing to do with the depth of psychological and physiological roots of homosexuality of which little is known. Even if homosexuality is proven to be biological it's cause would most likely be because of some preverted abnormal development in utero just like autism.

Homosexuals are biologically normal. They have skin, blood and organs that work just like everyone else's. They eat, pee and poop just like everyone else does. They are not insane; they are not mentally, physically or emotionally deficient in any way. Many of them are probably even smarter and more successful than you are.

link   

And our kids will be arguing about abortion, bioethics, climate change, vaccines, etc. So what? Point is my kids aren't going to deny your kids the freedom and liberty their natural rights allow gay or not. Mine just don't have to accept homosexuality as normal. Just like they don't have to accept cross dressing or some guy that dresses up as a baby and has a wife that treats him as such as normal.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Ah your poor kids....I hope they grow up normal....

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm not insecure, i just find it offensive. My daughter likes wearing dresses and playing football, my son likes playing with dolls and trains. I'm not Going to make him feel bad by telling them sorry kids society says you shouldnt do that even though you enjoy it. Get back in your boxes and don't dare move. It's creepy and controlling.
edit on 5-3-2015 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

lol now you've lost it. You've degraded into attacking me personally while having no clue who I am or how successful I am. I never said they are deficient in anything . I'm simply stating its not normal to be attracted to the same sex. It happens and why it happens is still a mystery.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm just depressed my kids are going to have to face a world populated by such beliefs.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So basically you teach your kids to reject anything out of the norm. If the majority of people don't do it your kids will reject it.
edit on 5-3-2015 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If gay people have been about since we evolved into our species why isn't it normal?.
You dodge all our points.
Are green eyes abnormal?.
Do you have to be able to have kids to be normal?.
What is normal? your life your ways?.
To teach your kids that a group of people are not normal is wrong and you are breeding hate.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Your kids are 7 and 5, what you are describing is perfectly normal behavior for kids that age. You have every right to raise your kids to be gender indifferent. If you are allowing your teenage son to wear panties at the age of 15 that's fine. But don't be so insecure about it as a parent to call it normal. Sorry but I will teach my boys that men don't wear dresses and put on make up. There is a reason why men have testosterone flowing through their veins and women have estrogen. I believe in gender because I believe there are so many wonderful things men and women bring to the table and its perfectly NORMAL for a girl NOT to want to play football. I'm not going to force my kids into any boxed conformity. But I will guide them into a general role of gender. i would love for my son to be a ballerina but why does that have to make him gay or make him want to wear panties?? Your putting your own boxes around yiu're children.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't know if any of my kids will be gay, I couldn't forgive myself if I made one of them feel abnormal because of who they fall in love with.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

lol now you've lost it. You've degraded into attacking me personally while having no clue who I am or how successful I am. I never said they are deficient in anything . I'm simply stating its not normal to be attracted to the same sex. It happens and why it happens is still a mystery.

You were the one comparing homosexuality with autism or schizophrenia. This implies some sort of mental or emotional deficiency. I compared homosexuality with left-handedness (which by the way you said was stupid - that's not a personal attack at all
) because neither is deficient in any way.
edit on 5-3-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join