It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

someone shot my cat with a BB gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hope your cat is ok in the end, my cats are my 3rd and 4th kids, if anything ever happens i would be devastated.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sad to hear about your cat. I've had many cats, mostly indoor/outdoor types, and more recently, strictly indoor. The ones who went outside all had a heck of a fun life chasing moles and chipmunks, birds, insects - sleeping in the sun on the grass, climbing trees even. But, most of them eventually disappeared - likely coyotes or mean neighbors or being hit by cars. So sad.

I then kept my cats indoors. They seem happy enough, but something missing.

Those who hurt/kill a neighbor's pet seem to be so cruel. Because they know that cat that they dislike, hate, find annoying as it walks in their yard or even poops in it (cat poo is so small compared to all the dog owners who leave huge presents on my front lawn!!) -- is someone's beloved family member -- maybe even the beloved kitty of a young child who is devastated by such an act. And they don't care. It is scary to think that living right next door to many of us is such a hateful, spiteful, nasty being that they could devastate a child. What else are they capable of under the right circumstances, is what I think.

One of my dear cats was shot in the forehead with a pellet gun. The top of his head swelled about three inches high, like a square block on his little head. He lived. Guess it didn't penetrate his little skull. But it was horrible to think about. My son was only 7 or so and would have been so sad if the poor thing died.

But, now, with the onslaught of coyotes in suburbia these days, I would never have an outdoor cat again.

Hope kitty gets well soon!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
That is cruel. I can see throwing something at a cat to chase it away but I would never shoot one unless maybe it kept killing my chickens and the owner wouldn't do anything about it. This does not sound like a case like that though. I don't like to tell a lie.

I hope your cat gets better.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

However, to point out that cats are the scourge of wildlife and in the UK alone are estimated to kill 275 million animals (55 million birds) a year.

They also kill a lot of vermin. Aren't you glad you don't have a rodent infestation?

Shooting a cat with a BB gun is for cowards and cruel pigs because it would rarely kill them.

Feral cats are a different matter, I reluctantly had to kill one recently that seriously bit me, injured one of my cats eyes after constant fighting and was infected with all sorts of nasties. A garden fork is quicker when it comes to true feral monsters....Attack Of The The Devil Cat From Hell

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You should report it to the police. Whoever did it might start going around shooting other neighborhood pets. If someone is eventually caught, then they can possibly be charged for what they did.
I feel for your cat. When I was little, someone got ahold of one of mine and tortured it. I hate people who do things like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

I`d be angry too man....wth???
Who does that kind of crap?

I am an animal lover,if I saw anyone do something like that,I might stomp them into the pavement....animals are innocent and have done nothing wrong and don`t deserve to be treated like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'll remain neutral and say without any evidence it may have been an accident or ricochet. Outdoor cats like to hide and get themselves into all sorts of trouble. Kids play in their backyards. Kids also shoot cats. It may or may not have been intentional. Less stress leads to better health and happiness.

Do you really want to get to the bottom of this?

GPS Cat Tracking There might be cheaper alternatives. Combine this with,

Eyenimal Cat Video Camera with Built-In Night Vision

Best GPS collars, trackers and more for cats and dogs

As long as your cats neck can support the weight of all these gadgets, lol and you've got a buck, you just have one last question to ask yourself...

How deep is your love?

Give birth to cyber cat and seek revenge.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I certainly hope you went to a dr and had the animals head sent for rabies testing. Feral cats are the number one rabies vector in some areas. No cure once symptoms start and a very miserable death.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Best of luck for a speedy recovery. Make sure you let the authorities/shelter/neighbors with cats know to be careful here. Instead of an angry neighbor(which is uncalled for in action anyway) you may have a budding issue with a child hurting animals.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Sounds like you have a pest problem. Bipedal rats can be taken care of with a CO2 powered shot in the ass

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that man..

On one hand you don't want to keep your cat inside because it's boring as hell for them. On the other hand going outside is not without it's risks. I had one cat it went out and came back with a serious bite from another animal (we suspected a racoon or maybe just another cat). Another cat (which I originally found as an outdoor cat) after many years eventually got hit by a car. I still don't regret letting him out. I could not have imagined keeping him inside as he really enjoyed being outside.

As far as kids - kids are stupid. I remember when I got my first pellet gun me and some "friends" took it to the park and were shooting things.. inanimate things. Then one idiot "friend" decided to shoot a squirrel. It lay there shivering.. not quite dead. I had to put it out of its misery with a final shot since the kid was just going to leave it there suffering. I still remember that day. It was tragic for me.. Many kids don't respect animals.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I hope your cat is ok. That is just awful, how could anyone do that to any animal. I would report it, you never know who or what they will target next. They ought to be made responsible for your vets bills too.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
gosseyn - looking forward to an update on your cat today!

a reply to: Aliensun

I agree with everything you said. It's important for cat owners (and all pet owners or parents, for that matter) to realize that the world is a dangerous place for those we love. They will be safest if kept closer to home. But if you choose to let them roam (which is a viable choice), they will likely come upon some danger, mostly from other people who don't feel the same as you do about them.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

While I detest this behavior and would absolutely be disheartened and concerned if my son did something like this (which he never would...he loves animals for than people), I also don't subscribe to the outdoor-cat crowd. I don't see why people find it appropriate to let their cats roam around a neighborhood. I have two (well, three...caring for my mother-in-law's) dogs right now and cat we've had for 13 years. They're all indoor, but there is a dog door for the dogs to go into our fenced backyard.

I brought our cat in from off the street, and she must have been traumatized out there because she has never wanted to step foot outside again. I'm not trying to derail the conversation, but to have a pet and then just let it roam around the neighborhood and possibly become an unsupervised burden on someone else seems irresponsbile to me. It certainly doesn't warrant what happened to your cat, but if you're really concerned about your pet's safety, don't let it roam around outside...too many variables that can harm it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you all for the kind words.

The vet says the radio shows the pellet but it doesn't show where it is exactly, she said it might be better to let the cat live with the pellet inside him instead of trying to remove it which might makes things worse. The radio doesn't show any leak of fluid, so it might indicate that no vital part has been hit (intestines or stomach). He stopped vomiting(and he never vomited blood which is a good thing), but he refuses to eat and he is still in a lot of pain. The vet wants to keep him one more night to see if it would be possible for my cat to live with it.

Where I live we find it normal to let the cat go outdoors at least during the day. During all these months, he always came back everyday. I know the cats of at least 3 of my neighbours, they come and go in my backyard as they please. I talked with my closest neighbour and she knows my cat very well (she has 2 of her own), She seemed as angry as me when I told her.

I have a feeling a cat is not meant to stay indoors, I may be wrong but that's how I feel. I don't want to offer my cat a life of a bird in a cage. I am also very reluctant to castration (neutering?), even if I am aware that if my cat was castrated maybe what happened wouldn't have happened, because he wouldn't be so willing to go out. It just doesn't feel right.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
gosseyn, I'm glad to hear your cat is doing OK and hope he continues to improve. He's a VERY lucky kitty!

originally posted by: gosseyn
I have a feeling a cat is not meant to stay indoors, I may be wrong but that's how I feel. I don't want to offer my cat a life of a bird in a cage. I am also very reluctant to castration (neutering?), even if I am aware that if my cat was castrated maybe what happened wouldn't have happened, because he wouldn't be so willing to go out. It just doesn't feel right.

I wish I could talk you out of letting your cat roam, but it's your choice. You simply cannot protect your cat from this kind of thing if he's out wandering the neighborhood.

I think allowing your cat to impregnate other cats and add to the animal overpopulation problem is inexcusable, really. There's absolutely NO reason not to neuter your cat. "It just doesn't feel right" doesn't cut it. Think of all the kittens he's making who will be abandoned, killed, taken to shelters to be killed or forced to make it on their own...
edit on 3/5/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I have to agree with you. Cat shelters here and in surrounding States are always filled to capacity. I used to donate to these places when I could afford to. Soooooo many innocent and loving little kitties without a home of their own. I have also rescued many cats and kept them as pets or found them homes.

As for the in door out door debate, I have known too many people who have had their out door cats run over by cars, disappear, get roughed up by other cats and animals etc. One of my neighbors had many cats and one came to visit me all the time. I didn't feed it or entice it in any way. I wanted to adopt it and one day I noticed it wasn't coming around anymore. When I asked my neighbor about it, he said the cat was run over by a car and died. My heart was broken.

Anyone who says a cat is bored being indoors...Have you ever seen a cat and an empty box? Hilarious! You could roll up a small ball of tin foil and they will bat it around for long periods of time. Cat toys amuse them. Sunning themselves on a window sill make them content. Laser pens...OMG they go wild over chasing those lights. Feather toys, even a bunch of ribbons dangling from a doorknob. Grow a pot of grass for them, maybe an occasional catnip treat. Give them places to climb, soft beds, lots of your love and attention and another kitty for a companion. Believe me, they amuse and content themselves quite well.

My oldest cat passed away at 20 years of age and lived a very long and happy life and no one could tell me any different.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I hope you file a police report. Frigging idiot should be caught and prosecuted.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Cat hater here , but that being said i would not shoot one with a bb gun .

Yes i hate cats .

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The vet had to remove the pellet from inside my cat, the operation lasted 3 hours and they removed almost 2 liters of fluid. Contrary to what the vet believed, the pellet had perforated the intestines so they had to sew it. And yes we are going to at least inform the police, we will give them photos of the pellet and even the radios done by the vet if they need it. I think my cat is going to be ok, but I don't know what kind of sequels this will have on him. The pellet is bigger than I thought, with what looks like a reinforced head ? It is intact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join