It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cj6

Good for you then but like you have said you have always known.
Just because you feel a little uneasy with it all doesn't mean it is wrong dude....that is your thing to sort out in your own time and head.
Maybe talk to some like minded people and ask what they think?.
Oh and I'm with Anne here I wish I could be Bi and have nearly had a sexual encounter with my best mate when I was 19 but we couldn't decide who would do what then both got freaked out by it lol.
Anyhow good luck dude

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Never said it was wrong. Just pleading a case for my opinion of the subconscious. Is it not entirely possible that my uneasiness and unnatural feelings with my attraction to males could be a result of my conscious mind and subconscious mind disagreeing with one another?? Again just thinking it's a POSSIBILITY.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cj6

Never said it was wrong. Just pleading a case for my opinion of the subconscious. Is it not entirely possible that my uneasiness and unnatural feelings with my attraction to males could be a result of my conscious mind and subconscious mind disagreeing with one another?? Again just thinking it's a POSSIBILITY.

You do realize continuously referring to these feelings as "unnatural" is very telling.

Right?

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You do realize continuously referring to these feelings as "unnatural" is very telling.

Right?

That's the only word that can adequately describe the feeling. I'm not sure what it tells other than I have no idea where the feeling comes from therefore it's not natural to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Right?

That's the only word that can adequately describe the feeling. I'm not sure what it tells other than I have no idea where the feeling comes from therefore it's not natural to me.

You do realize feelings are internal. They do not come from outside yourself.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Right?

You do realize feelings are internal. They do not come from outside yourself.

Yes I realize that. But where, if not your subconscious, do those internal feelings come from??

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Why do you cling to your hope it is a choice?.
Religious reasons maybe? the fact that If it is not a choice it can not be a sin?.

You really can't have this conversation without pinning it all on religious people can you? In all my life, I honestly can't recall ever hearing a Christian call a gay person a fa**ot, nor can I say I've actually seen a Christian treating someone badly just because they were gay. I'm sure it does happen, and I'm sure you can post plenty of pictures of hate groups like the Westboro Baptist Church protesting at a gay pride parade or something, but I can't say I've ever witnessed it personally.

On the other hand, I have witnessed diehard atheists saying some of the meanest things you could possibly say to gay people. I even worked with one and every now and then we would run into this gay guy that my workmate considered a friend, yet he never referred to the guy by his name, he always called him Fag even to his face like it was funny or something. The guy said it didn't bother him, but I'm hypersensitive and could tell he was lying.

So yeah in my personal experience, Atheists have always been much more anti-gay than Christians. And I have a sneaking suspicion that when you all are done using them to accomplish your goal of ridding the world of religion, you will turn on them and treat them a thousand times worse than how they are treated now.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Yeah and comparing it to pedophilia is real nice isn't it? and calling it unnatural also....
Oh and don't talk bollocks far more Christians are homophobic, the evidence is all over ATS.
Waiting for the threats of violence again...
edit on 7-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have known bisexuals who thought they were straight.

I have known bisexuals who thought they were gay.

I have known gays who thought they were bisexual.

I have never known someone who is straight who thought they were gay.

I'm gay, my very best male friend in college was straight.

He loved me as a person and would have done anything for me. Yes, even that a couple of times.

But, I could tell the difference. He was warm and compassionate ... but not passionate.

If that makes sense, and if I haven't offered TMI.

My point is this. There's a reason we call it sexual PREFERENCE.

I prefer men. Not all men, of course, because every attraction breaks down further into certain types and shapes and so forths.

There have been two women in my life that I loved. And yes, I even did that with them a couple of times.

Neither wanted to do it again. One told me it felt to her like I was a "willing rape victim."

Human sexual attraction is not a one-to-one ratio.

It's not A+B=C.

... but what ever IT is ... it is as innate in us as our heart and our guts and our eye color.

And ... while it is the most complex thing in the world to understand mentally, it's the simplest thing in the world to know ... perhaps some day there will be formulae and charts to explain it to us.

Best,
edit on 17Sat, 07 Mar 2015 17:46:57 -060015p052015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
I find the whole 'gay is a choice' argument, quite spurious.

At its core, it posits that at some point, everyone made some kind of choice (one way or the other) - which (when you think about it) means that all, and any, holier than thou proponents, faced this decision - because there was a point at which they questioned thier own proclivity...that would seem to place thier feet firmly in thier mouths...

As a heterosexual, I don't EVER remember making any 'choice'...

Å99

Yes.

For some reason some people don't want to accept it.

The reason is quite evident...acceptance means admitting God made them that way - it's a subtle notion - but proponents of the 'gay is a choice' guff, by definition, must have at some point chosen...something...we just never hear of their own anecdotal stories of having 'chosen' heterosexuality...that would be a little too much information, don't you think...he he...

Å99

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

A reminder that the topic is never each other. Please return to discussing the topic and only the topic.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555
Forum Mod

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

I agree.
If it is natural (it is) the religious would have to accept it is just part of the human condition and therefore not a sin because God made them that way.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Sorry dude Scotch!.
I will ignore from now on.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Gay, straight, bisexual , transgender... It doesn't matter. You are who you are , no shame should be felt .Some people may feel it's a choice. Some people may be unsure of who they truly are, some may feel they know who they are but are unhappy with the conclusion . And some people may be happy with the conclusion . Either way , who are we to judge each other on something so personal?

Is it a choice ? For some people it may well be,is that a bad thing ?

for others they may not have a choice as they feel so strongly about their sexuality that they don't feel the need for choice .

For me , I have chosen to be heterosexual ? No, I have never questioned my feelings as I have always felt this way.

Should someone who is gay who has always felt that way be Seen to have made a choice ? ...no.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: akushla99

I agree.
If it is natural (it is) the religious would have to accept it is just part of the human condition and therefore not a sin because God made them that way.

...and this also applies to the non-religious who hold this belief...intolerance of this nature is not relegated to one 'ism' or 'phobia'...

Å99

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Anyway my point stands... Atheists are much more anti-gay than Christians. Perhaps not here because you all have an image to uphold, but n the real world that's exactly how it is.

edit on 7-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join