It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: cj6

Why can't homosexuality be a part of many ways nature control the population?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The creation of a human is very complex.

When the "soup" gets stirred there's always slight variations.

Sexuality is far more diverse then black and white.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Because it's not a definite or even fully effective method. If you were nature and you wanted to control a population you could unleash a massive earthquake in a heavy populated area or drop an unpredictable tornado to cause enough carnage to effectively kill of a large number a people. Other things such as tsunamis and volcanos all can effectively lower a population. So why on Gods green earth would nature choose homosexuality as a method of population control? Yeah I'll make males attracted to other males and females attracted to other females...that'll show 'em who's boss

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Why is homosexuality such a big issue for some members of ATS. I don't believe it's a choice, but let's just say in a few circumstances it has been, so what. Why is it so important to you personally? Why do you care what 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom. I've been with chicks who like some really kinky shiz.theres nowt wrong with it.sexual experimentation can be fun, if your mature enough to handle it. What's with all the prudish attitudes towards sex, if your secure enough with your own sexuality. Reallly.. Some people on ATS are very insecure in themselves

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

LOL nature is not a person that can make decisions like that. It's just a force. Also wouldn't it be better off to produce homosexuals than to kill people?

Never mind the reason. The point is nature produces it. It is NATURAL. That's the definition of nature! Homosexuality in animal kingdom is common.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Well here's an interesting research angle. I'm not saying I agree. But, it is different then anything else I've read.

Those who argue that homosexuality is a choice often argue that traits which stop us breeding successfully are eventually filtered out by evolution. - See more at: www.gaystarnews.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Why is it so important to you personally?

Why do you care what 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom?

I worked at a small company where I was the minority being a straight femsle. This was 20+ years ago.

Very enlightening "water cooler" discussions. Anyway, I was ignorant prior to this experience.

They were my co-workers and became my friends. One who was an amazing man and everyone's friend died of AIDS.

I became an advocate out of my own ignorance. Ignorance is the curse of being anti-LGBT. Many/most people become aware by knowing someone, often a family member, that homosexuality, etc is a normal/natural occurrence in a small percentage of humans.

As far as what a couple does in their bedroom ---- is that how you view the average hetero couple? When you connect, for whatever reason, with a hetero couple ---- does your first thought go to how they have sex?

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You're right nature is not a person it is a force that obviously functions with a purpose, right? Not killing people would require a feeling of remorse and since nature is NOT a person then nature cannot feel remorse and would not be bothered with whether or not killing people is wrong, it would be effective, an end result, a way to control the population and that's all that matters. Like I said there is no end result for homosexuality as a means of population control. By the way I'm not bothered by homosexuality as I stated before, I have a problem with people claiming it's natural. Next they'll be saying pedophelia is natural and others will protest "oh no that's completely different"

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: cj6
Next they'll be saying pedophelia is natural and others will protest "oh no that's completely different"

I absolutely believe pedophilia is a natural born sexual orientation.

The difference is, there's a victim, IF a person sexually attracted to children acts on their orientation.

I'm sure, from reading a lot, there are pedophiles that deny themselves --- because of the harm it will cause.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I have a problem with people claiming it's natural.

I do not understand why people have problem with that?

nat·u·ral
1. existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

na·ture
1. the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations.

Homosexuals are born that way so therefore it is natural according to definition.

Are women who are born unable to procreate unnatural?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I have a problem with people claiming it's natural.

I have a problem with ignorance.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Hey genius infertility is not an act of nature, it's a birth defect caused by man-made chemicals, man-made drugs, poisonous environment such as polluted air, water whatever...pick one. That's like saying someone who's born blind shouldn't have eye balls or someone born deaf (lol deaf alien) shouldn't have ears. The tools are there but they've been tampered with by hazardous man-made bs. BIRTH DEFECTS!

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The fact that you label anyone who disagrees with your belief as ignorant...IS ignorance! So we're all ignorant pal. Welcome to the club called humanity.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The fact that you label anyone who disagrees with your belief as ignorant...IS ignorance! So we're all ignorant pal. Welcome to the club called humanity.

Ignorance is lack of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

it's a birth defect caused by man-made chemicals, man-made drugs, poisonous environment such as polluted air, water whatever

If it's caused by humans then yes by definition it is not natural. Are you saying that there have been those hazardous stuff you mentioned have been there since the dawn of mankind?

Now again. If anything is not caused by humans, is it natural or not natural according to the definition? It's really simple.

BTW I was born deaf.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Sexual orientation is not "natural-born" it's just a fancy way of saying this is what you're attracted to for the sole purpose of sexual gratification.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Did you miss the part about poisonous environments? Environment being the key word. There are things in nature that can invade a persons body and cause all kinds of harm and that includes DING DING birth defects!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Sexual orientation is not "natural-born" it's just a fancy way of saying this is what you're attracted to for the sole purpose of sexual gratification.

You have an opinion.

I've been following this subject for 20+ years. I have knowledge.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Read the definition please.

If something is not caused by humans then is it natural or not natural?

It's simple.

cj6

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

And your vast superior knowledge and understanding of human sexuality is what keeps you from being ignorant?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join