It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to those who say being gay is a choice?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thepitpony
Well... Bringing faith into the equation, you don't know what you're talking about. "written by closed minded individuals". Don't you realize that they were the exact opposite of closed minded? That's why they suffered persecution. That's what sry them apart because they didn't damn singers to hell. Jesus was an original woman's advocate. They were the ones who said, it's wrong, but "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.". Gays and straights alike. They urge people to live according to God's law, but they also teach to love everyone, yes, even gays. Hate the sun, not the sinner. Bashing the bible is fruitless for gay agendas. Also, the bible never said that people couldn't be gay naturally. In fact, it talks an awful lot about our human condition (life in the flesh) versus spiritual salvation. So...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OP, Using your same argument why should anyone limit their inhibitions? If you honestly believe that you have no choice but to act on your desires as this was the way you were born to act.. then why are we punishing rapist, murderers, and thieves? They are but acting out what they feel is their proper way to do things... oh but these are crimes you say? sure they are.. but the point of the question is valid.. please answer? after all it comes down to do as you want. not do as you are forced..

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: McTurbo
OP, Using your same argument why should anyone limit their inhibitions? If you honestly believe that you have no choice but to act on your desires as this was the way you were born to act.. then why are we punishing rapist, murderers, and thieves? They are but acting out what they feel is their proper way to do things... oh but these are crimes you say? sure they are.. but the point of the question is valid.. please answer? after all it comes down to do as you want. not do as you are forced..

I don't think the OP was making an argument, just asking a question...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Whether they 'CHOOSE' or just "FEELING SO" .... Does it really matter to them people opposing homosexuality? My opinion is that its none of anybody's business what people do without putting others in danger. I mean real danger or harm. This fits to everything for me and i have dealt things with just like that. I have refused a couple of guys who tried to ,hmmmm, do me?
... Well i just outright told them i am straight and have not done any harm to them mentally or otherwise. I did wonder if i seem gay but it didnt really bother me. I do still have contact with one of the guys who sexually advanced towards me and i refused.
I sincerely think its just crime to tell people what to do or not. Ofcourse until its their personal thing and did not affect anyone else than concerned people or harmful in any real way. People saying populating and reproduction also need to stop because i think we all know. We have sex only because its fun. Its not fun if i cant do it the with WHOM i want to ,(assuming mutual agreement
) amd HOW i want too... Haha... People should only make demands for NEEDS to other people not WANTS.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: McTurbo

The question is not valid.

My question is about two consenting people loving one another, how they decide to show it..is no ones business.

Your question is about people acting on urges that affect other people..no matter what they want.

See the difference. Why do you people use extremes in attempt to make some kind of point..by comparing gay's to pedophiles, murderers..etc. They are not even remotely the same.

Use your head.
edit on 6-3-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
My question is about two consenting people loving one another, how they decide to show it..is no ones business.

This actually doesn't strictly rule out pedophilia or murder.
Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent

Just sayin'

That you did. Yup...that...you...did

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

What color is the sky.......Sexuality falls under the same kind of thinking.........many shades of gray. Are some people born gay....YES. Do some people become gay or can go either way......YES.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Just sayin'

That you did. Yup...that...you...did

What did I do?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent

Just sayin'

In what way does murder or pedophilia have to do with two people who decide to love one another?

Are you saying the child is consenting to the abuse or that a murder victim agreed to be killed?

What is the matter with people...sheesh.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
OK..for those of you who continue to equate homosexuality to pedophilia, murders, rapes..etc..no more replies.

Why...because they are no way related..that is just ignorance speaking.

For the last time..one is about loving another person who loves them back...(how they show it, is no one's business).

The others are about violence, hate and depravity. Get that through your thick skulls.

The original OP was asking.."if gays choose does that mean you yourself had made a conscience decision to be straight"

Premise of question..if they was a conscience decision involved and not nature..then you are are saying that at some point in your lives, you were attracted to both sexes but decided on the opposite one.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well, though I have never, and will never, equated homosexuality to the chomos or animal sex, I see the point they are making. Sexual immorality. Using that logic, a great deal of straight sex practices can be compared as well. Whether the initial attraction is a choice or not, it is immoral. I imagine that the attraction in of itself may not be a choice. From a biblical predictive, we are slaves to the flesh, in bondage of sin, until we accept salvation and become instead enslaved to Christ. Therefore, I think it may be somewhat "natural", in context, to feel attracted to the same sex. And though o think it is a very poor choice in words, I at least can see what people mean when choosing to the chomo.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Everyone is born with certain tendencies. To make it easier to understand, think of it as alcoholism. Some people become alcoholics because they see their mom or dad drink. So the drink-gene is passed down to them. Others when they are growing up, see Both mom and dad drink. These people have the drink-gene from both sides.

Will the one who saw one parent abuse alcohol become an alcoholic? Will the one who saw Both parents drink become an alcoholic? In both cases, the chances Are High that they might. But there is no guarantee. A person whose parents have Never drank can become an alcoholic as well. Again, there is no direct correlation. So far, everyone.... or most would be in agreement with this.

Now substitute parents being alcoholics with parents having homo tendencies.

Just because someone is born with alcoholic tendencies... or homo tendencies.... that is No reason that they should dive right in and follow those tendencies. Nor is it a justification for this behavior.

I hope that this makes things a little clearer.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Oh, heavens, no! I just think consent by itself is a poor standard.

It doesn't rule out underaged sexual activity or things like ritualized murder/suicide. There's a reason we have statutory rape laws and we crack down on suicide cults, even if the cultists claimed their mass suicide was a consensual act of love.

Make more sense?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

I don't have a gay agenda, my view point is against how that book has been used to install a mind set of intolerance in our children against those who lifestyles and beliefs go against the apparent word of God.

From a infant throughout my teenage years I was educated in a very strict Christian school, and throughout this time there was more effort in promoting the sins and dam nations of the 'supposedly ' evil doers than that of forgiveness and love (gays, Jews, protestants, Muslims etc..... All off to hell in a hard cart apparently). It took many years for me to break this emotional and mental condition and accept everyone for who they were.

You may have, and I hope you did, a more gentle and inspiring religious education. But there were hundreds in that school who had the same experience as me and I have old school friends who impart the same hateful rhetoric we were thought. Would these people be this intolerant if they were thought to love others and not given a list of the supposedly sinful by our mentors? I would argue a big fat yes.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thepitpony

I see where you're coming from. There are those who teach only the "peaches and cream" and those who teach only the "fire and brimstone". On both accounts, this is fruitless. But we know the word of God will be distorted. I forget which, but one of the Timothy books discusses this on better detail. As for struggling with fleshly desires, this "natural" same-sex attraction for example, Paul makes a great point of lesson in Romans chapter 7. We are weak in flesh, and sometimes we succumb to its desires, though we don't want to. We want to do what is pure and righteous but don't always. But this is post of our struggle after becoming saved in the spirit. The ones who are considered hell-bound are those who reject salvation, for they refuse to see the error of their fleshly ways. Even them must we love, knowing that they "are as we once were". So again, to stay on the same page with the OP, the attraction may not be willed, but the act is always a choice.

edit on 362015 by JohnFisher because: accidentally submitted blank post

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In some cases it's a deliberate choice; for example guys in prison doing life, in others it's in their nature and they exhibit those proclivities from an early age. However, it just seems logical to me that if you're feeding a young child meat and dairy that's been pumped full of female hormones it's going to have an impact on their development. If that can be proved then it's the only part I'd have a moral issue with.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
In some cases it's a deliberate choice; for example guys in prison doing life, in others it's in their nature and they exhibit those proclivities from an early age. However, it just seems logical to me that if you're feeding a young child meat and dairy that's been pumped full of female hormones it's going to have an impact on their development. If that can be proved then it's the only part I'd have a moral issue with.

How many times must it be said? Committing a same sex act does not make you gay.

Homosexuality has been around long before animals were pumped with hormones. And as far as all that I've read ---- there has not been an increase in the percentage of homosexuals.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: thepitpony also I gave you a star because you raised a good point of concern. I love people without considering who they are. I hate what many of them do, but I hate much of what I have done and occasionally do too. My upstairs neighbors are lesbians. Interestingly, one of them can't stand gay-activism. She also feels that it is a choice. But I digress. My neighbors and I have wonderful report. They are very gay, but is that a reason to transgress into the hateful tendencies of the world? No, because followers of Jesus are not supposed to be friends of the world. My own understanding supports hate and such; I am naturally divisive. Though, He has worked in me to remove division. Gay is wrong, a "natural" desire, but still immoral. Still, not a reason to treat someone poorly.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

How would that change in development result in a person being gay? Hormones don't make you gay. Otherwise, people on hormone therapy would always change sexual orientation.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join