It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There seems to be an effort to turn the people against the police

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Is the media reporting more out of control cowboy cops?

I think the media is hyping this and the rambo-like cops need to be imprisoned for murdering unarmed innocent people without legit just cause.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

How many times in your life have you been wronged by an officer?

For me, it isn't even the violence that concerns me. Its the stuff that is never reported. The inappropriate stops, the over reaching searches, general attitude during interactions. I have seen these on my own, without the help of media.

I have had quite a few times in my life where my interaction with the police was highly negative without cause. And my recourse? Nothing. Because no one is really there to hear your complaints.

You are right: holding people accountable is the ONLY answer. If only that could happen even on the smaller scales.

Well, that and reducing the number of laws that officers have to enforce.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yes sir. There is. A federal police force is on the horizon. The only opposition to this would be a massive civil outcry that people will not give now.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I see this as more nwo's hollywood screenplay in action.

(engineered)Problem. (calculated)Reaction. (pre-planned) solution.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Is the media reporting more out of control cowboy cops?

I think the media is hyping this and the rambo-like cops need to be imprisoned for murdering unarmed innocent people without legit just cause.

I believe it is the actions of the LEOs rather than the reporting. I know I've seen a totally different attitude. My interactions with cops up until about 6-8 years ago had been almost nil. I got a speeding ticket in the late 70s. I got stopped for a vehicle license renewal in the early 80s when the state changed the date of renewals. Then, for about 20 years I had no official interactions with cops pulling me over.
But over the past 8 years I've gotten pulled over for no reason, for not wearing a seat belt (the law in my state doesn't apply to my vehicle) and because I "looked like someone who had lost their license" recently. In all those cases I encountered bullies. In all those cases, I reported the unprofessional behavior because that is the only way we will be able to root it out and abolish it.
However, I fully realize that not everyone is going to take the time and effort to actually make a report. It took me over a week of calling and finally sending a registered letter to the chief of police in our town to get my point across to him.
I've been driving since 1970 and I never encountered the bully attitude until the past decade. I never had a cop lie to me like the ones who told me that "Because I stopped you, I can search your car." I might have been born at night but it wasn't last night. I'd never seen one "bow up and get red in the face" as I heard it described until I told a state trooper that if he wished to search my car he would have to call a judge and get a search warrant. Yes, it would have been "easier" to simply let him search the car but it wouldn't have right.
So in my mind, it is the cop on the street and his bosses in the office who are turning the public against cops. It is their bullying behavior, not the reporting at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
we aren't the problem, to me the thread title is backwards. Someone seems to be trying to turn the police against the people!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

There seems to be an effort to turn the people against the police.

Oh really. Do you really expect anyone to believe that?

It's the police and their unions that are doing the damage. LEO fatalities are at 50 year lows, LEO murders are 1400+ in 2014 and on track to exceed that in 2015. Hell, they don't even have to report.

A sick joke you have there.

It is all just a conspiracy against 'law-n-force-ment'. huh?

San Diego police officer convicted of on-duty sexual assault charges released 5 months into 1 year sentence. Won't have to register as sex offender, all legal bills paid by city. xrepublic.tv...

You’re 55 Times More Likely to be Killed by a Police Officer than a Terrorist

“Reliable estimates of the number of justifiable homicides committed by police officers in the United States do not exist.” A study of killings by police from 1999 to 2002 in the Central Florida region found that the national databases included (in Florida) only one-fourth of the number of persons killed by police as reported in the local news media.

www.washingtonsblog.com...

edit on 4-3-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
I have known many people in various law enforcement positions for all of my adult life... I've heard all the "haha" stories being told back and forth over Christmas dinner about abuses of power... I've seen many young men and women go through years of college in criminal justice with the ones graduating at the top of the class never seeming able to find work while the bottom dwellers land spots on forces all over...

This is more than just a police problem. If you graduate with a high class rank, but below #1 you are less able to find work than those who graduate towards the bottom.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No one ever turned me against the3 cops, except for the cops themselves, no agenda necessary. Seems more like an agenda to utilize the cops to bring about a more strict society.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

How many times in your life have you been wronged by an officer?

For me, it isn't even the violence that concerns me. Its the stuff that is never reported. The inappropriate stops, the over reaching searches, general attitude during interactions. I have seen these on my own, without the help of media.

I have had quite a few times in my life where my interaction with the police was highly negative without cause. And my recourse? Nothing. Because no one is really there to hear your complaints.

You are right: holding people accountable is the ONLY answer. If only that could happen even on the smaller scales.
Well, that and reducing the number of laws that officers have to enforce.

Funny you mentioning the stops, and laws that need to be enforced. It seems there is a conflict between traffic stops, and the constitution. Have a look at this border patrol video and see what you think?
On the face of it, the police are using trickery by trying to make the guy answer their questions, in other words trying to enforce a law that doesn't exist, and which he refuses to do.

I was going to do a thread on this, but I think it is pertinent here, and because you mention some similar aspects. It again appears just answering one question, allows them to do whatever they want, conversely it is you who needs to question everything that they are doing, since it appears they are the ones breaking the constitutional rights in the first place..and they know it.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

To tell the truth it seems that they police is doing the job all by themselves to make people turn against them, but it seems that since the patriot act things have changed in a big way with the police and the way they handle the people that they are sworn to serve and protect.

The police is slowly becoming a militarized force with all the equipment that the government is allowing them to buy from them.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Great video lol

Wow a cellphone recording really changes things.
Told a cop "no thanks" and didn't get an obstruction charge or a beatdown?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well in todays climate all they need to do to generate hate would be have all police convert to Islam...
...in all seriousness though i think the police are doing a fine job all on their own of generating the hate against them...as the old saying goes..."it takes a long time to gain respect and only a moment to lose it"...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Think more from a technological perspective. Rather than bringing in "super-police", they'll have an excuse to bring in the rest of the technology they want to implement. No place in the country will be without the all seeing eyes and ears of big brother. Cameras, drones, and biometrics, oh my. We might even see a more realistic version of Robocops.

They really don't need biometrics when they have the largest voluntary collection effort ever Social Media. People give their information out one tweet, text and face book post at a time, and all the NSA has to do is ask and its theirs for the taking.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

There seems to be an effort to turn the people against the police.

Oh really. Do you really expect anyone to believe that?

It's the police and their unions that are doing the damage. LEO fatalities are at 50 year lows, LEO murders are 1400+ in 2014 and on track to exceed that in 2015. Hell, they don't even have to report.

A sick joke you have there.

If you militarize public services and introduce death as a possible consequence to failing to adhere to regulations, you guarantee no trust in any authority for the legitimate functions of a local constabulary.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This was my theory in 2011: a reply to: ~Lucidity

and for a long time before but that's all I could find quickly.

The demonizing just might be about robbing pensions funds and busting the unions, and the police union, being probably the strongest in the nation, will be the last to go, but if things keep on this way, it will go. And they will probably go with "privatized" police too. Then we'll really have a problem.
edit on 3/5/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

First I am not defending police brutality at all.

But I am curious what percentage of police interactions end in violence?

Is it a statisticitly large number, or does it fall into a much smaller range, that seems worse because of the death sells nature of the media.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You may be right, I was just pointing out that increased reporting measures may also shine light on a problem that has existed for a lot longer than we've been talking about.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I understand, and for the record... Get rid of the swat teams in every town and the numbers will probably shrink.

To many trigger happy bums getting a liscence to kill.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I think the problem lies in the war on drugs and other non-violent crimes. If the police worried about only the REAL troublemakers because only REAL trouble is illegal, I'd bet that much of the police brutality would also drop. Much of the disdain for police arises because people doing or selling drugs are breaking the law.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join