It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern California-based group for Paranormal Investigations?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As a kid, ghosts, specters, and aliens have always fascinated me. They still do. From the experiences I've had in my lifetime, to the stories I've heard from trustworthy people, is always made me wonder a great deal. Now, I've decided, is the time to actually dig deeper. For all you SoCal ATS members, this is acting as an open invitation. Let's start digging together.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyron

Hyron, would join you in a heartbeat...but I am in Dallas!

Good Luck recruiting for SoCAL, and if anyone is interested in Big D area, I am game!

Missie

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyron
As a kid, ghosts, specters, and aliens have always fascinated me. They still do. From the experiences I've had in my lifetime, to the stories I've heard from trustworthy people, is always made me wonder a great deal. Now, I've decided, is the time to actually dig deeper. For all you SoCal ATS members, this is acting as an open invitation. Let's start digging together.

How and what do you plan to investigate using what methodologies?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I don't have very much experience in the field, aside from a love for adventure and a strong sense of curiosity. As for what we would investigate, we'd be most likely traveling all across California to paranormal sites and locations in which activity has been sighted. Aliens, monsters, ghosts, all that.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Were in so cal, im in SD

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hope you have fun

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Hello,

Who am I to tell you what or what not to do? This is a free country. Do as you will but maybe a little free advice from your friendly demonologist .... If you have no experience in this field consider the following:

1. Find someone who does have experience and get that person to become a part of your team.

2. Buy every book you can find on this subject matter and read it twice, this includes books on spirits, all demons, exorcism, witchcraft, black magik, the numerous grimoires that are available, the various spiritual rituals (all religions) and Symbolism ........ as a start.

2a. When I said all demons........ this is because Christianity does not cover the entire demonic world. There are many more demons in other religions and beliefs so learn those as well. I would suggest you memorize by sight, description and name of the top ten demons in every religion/faith as a minimum.

3. Find a real demonologist in your area and become a part of his team. Learn from this individual, hopefully he/she will take you under their arm and make you an apprentice.

4. Find someone who has true spirit discernment. This person will save you and your team if you ever bump into anything nasty.

Why you ask?

Most of the time you will see nothing and experience little to nothing of true value however it only takes one time to run up against a powerful entity and not being prepared. There are very strong entities out here that can rip you into little pieces or drive you insane, or give you a terminal sickness. The cross, holy water, salt, holy books, and anointed oils just piss them off. It could cost you or a team player their life. It does not happen often but it does happen..... do some research. Either death or a mental ward..... etc.

I know ghost hunting sounds cool and exciting and most of the time it is until you walk into a building or area where real evil resides. These evil entities have been called upon (rituals) and now they have the right to stay. Real supernatural powers at work here.

Oh BTW all those cool electrical/electronical devices you can play with to find a ghost........attracts spirits that want to communicate but the "bad boys" will destroy your play toys, cameras. video machines, battery operated watches, even your car.

So........where to start? Start looking at old mental asylums and old prisons that have been shut down. Research the buildings at local libraries and internet. Also check with towns folks about any haunted buildings as a last alternative.

Conduct day time walk through of the building. Do your investigation after 2200 hours until 0500 hours.
edit on 4-3-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I understand your valid concern and careful consideration for safety and knowledge. However, I'm not someone who's quite considerate of my own personal safety.

As for technology and "toys" as you put them, I wouldn't be using them in the first place. One, I wouldn't know how to use them. Secondly, I wouldn't even be able to afford such things in the first place. Gear like that is overpriced and overly sensitive. It would probably break with the first use.

On the subject of finding experts and team members to work with, I'll admit to having limited means. Sure, I'm greatly inexperienced. Sure, I may not have a very strong background in such things. I'm not going to get into personal detail about my experiences in life and the things I've seen, because that's really none of your business.

While I appreciate your advice, I'm considering doing this solely on my own. It might be unwise, but what it all boils down to is fear. If you fear the unknown, the unknown will take advantage of that. Fear and paranoia is the single weakness that most teams have. Not a lack of experience. Not a lack of equipment. Not a lack of skilled team members. It's simply a matter of grit.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayer

While I appreciate your advice, I'm considering doing this solely on my own. It might be unwise, but what it all boils down to is fear. If you fear the unknown, the unknown will take advantage of that. Fear and paranoia is the single weakness that most teams have. Not a lack of experience. Not a lack of equipment. Not a lack of skilled team members. It's simply a matter of grit.

Where do you get the impression that most investigative teams are fearful? Not those dreadful ghost hunting television shows, I hope. If they didn't act scared, it would be even more boring than it already is.

For someone without much experience, as you've admitted, you seem strangely certain about the nature of the unknown. I'm not sure that's wise.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm in ! I would like to join. Do you already have a few places in mind you would like to start with ?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I've been around some things and experienced some things that I'd rather not admit. Walking through Linda Vista Hospital on '___' is one of them. That was wild. But what I've felt and seen won't change anything, as you seem pretty solid on your opinion and critique of what I feel.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

There's a few places near my town.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
I'm in !

ok, now all of a sudden, i want to join too...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I've been around some things and experienced some things that I'd rather not admit. Walking through Linda Vista Hospital on '___' is one of them. That was wild. But what I've felt and seen won't change anything, as you seem pretty solid on your opinion and critique of what I feel.

I'm at a loss as to how that relates to my post. Could you reread my post and explain?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyron

Im assuming that "----" mean under the influence of something... possibly natural. If that is the case.. then yes, you are likely to see things. (which im totally against btw. I do no condone the use of anything. Just MO.)

I've been to Linda Vista many times as a child ( i was about 8 or 9). This was many, many years ago when there were still a few medical offices operating in there. My dad's optometrist worked there and I remember walking down those hallways many times and once getting on the elevator and ending up in the basement. I couldn't get out of there quickly enough and when i started to push the buttons to return me to my floor, I ended up in another. I ended up on one of the empty floors and there was an eery silence. I recall running towards the window at the end of the hallway and quickly climbed out through the ladder out and to the bottom floor. My dad ended up finding me standing next to the car parked outside.

My sister ended up living a few doors down years later and they would always hear knocks in the middle of the night. According to the neighbors, it happened to almost everyone in that block. She no longer lives there. I believe that they are turning it into Senior Apartments..
edit on 6-3-2015 by blackmetalmist because: ..

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

LOL !

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hello everyone

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I live in the L.A area all of my life. There are a lot of "haunted" locations in our area. Frankly, after hearing some of the stories, You guys are definitely braver than me if you want to go venture out looking for the paranormal, Beware whatever you find doesn't follow you back home. L.A is already a crazy place filled with it's share of crazy people. Be careful you decide to go to some of these locations, some of them are private property and might require permission, and some require you sneaking around which I sort of don't recommend unless you want to get arrested for trespassing.

1. Hollywood sign - The lady in white/Peg Entwhistle
www.vanityfair.com...

2.. Griffith Park cursed
www.weirdca.com...

3.Legend of the haunted Griffith Park picnic table
www.latirnes.com...

4.Pasadena's Suicide Bridge
www.weirdca.com...

5.Roosevelt Hotel
en.wikipedia.org...

6.The queen Mary boat
en.wikipedia.org...

7.The Comedy Store
seeksghosts.blogspot.com...

8.The Whaley House
whaleyhouse.org... (This one is if your in the San Deigo Area)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

Thanks for the links. There were a few I didnt know about such as the haunted picnic table lol. I'll have to MAYBE check that one out

I usually check out the Shadowlands and click on California. I'm sure you know about that site already. It's still fun to see all the locations in cities in So. Cal that are haunted.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Sorry about that blackmetalmist. When going to revise that article I know notice something funny about the domain link, I thought it was an L.A times article but it was a fake. Then I came across this posting on another website.
www.1134.org...

It seems the whole haunted picnic table is a hoax. Don't believe everything you hear on the internet

Most of the other stuff I linked are pretty solid though, sorry for the mistake.

Here is another "haunted location" to make up for the mistake on this one. This one is more well known and more well documented. They even based a movie off it.

www.ghosttheory.com...
edit on 22-3-2015 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join