It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu Makes Case Against Iran Deal in Address to Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I watched the entire speech, and found it to be extremely powerful. I know many here will attack this speech...and that is their prerogative, but, in the end, I think the Prime Minister made his case... and I believe it will definitely effect the national debate.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in a highly anticipated address to Congress, delivered a message to the Obama administration on Tuesday about the threat posed by Iran: "The enemy of your enemy -- is your enemy."

The Israeli leader spoke as part of a high-profile push to make his case against a pending nuclear deal with Iran. He urged the U.S. not to "be fooled" by Iran's efforts to oppose the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, a group the U.S. also is fighting. Netanyahu said those groups are "competing for the crown of militant Islam."

"When it comes to Iran and ISIS, the enemy of your enemy -- is your enemy," he said.

He also blasted the terms of the potential nuclear deal. He said Iran is notorious for playing a game of "hide and cheat" with inspectors.

In his opening remarks, Netanyahu said he regrets some have perceived his visit as political. "That was never my intention," he said.

He said he had a "profound obligation" to discuss an issue -- Iran's quest for nuclear weapons -- that "could well threaten the survival of my country."

The address was the centerpiece of a controversial visit that has fueled diplomatic tensions between the Obama and Netanyahu administration -- and political tensions on Capitol Hill.

House Speaker John Boehner had invited the Israeli leader without involving President Obama, which is considered a breach in protocol. Republican leaders defended the move, saying it's important for Netanyahu to explain the threats posed by Iran and his concerns with the current nuclear talks.

But dozens of Democrats sat out the Israeli leader's speech. And Obama National Security Adviser Susan Rice went so far in recent days as to call Netanyahu's speech "destructive" to U.S.-Israeli ties -- though administration officials have since toned down their characterization of his visit.

MORE
www.foxnews.com...:

edit on 3-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"The enemy of your enemy -- is your enemy."

So with sanctions on Iran...

The U.S enemy is Iran...

Iran's enemy, is Israel...

So Israel is the enemy of the U.S...

Thanks Mr.Netanyahu...

It's good to hear it straight from one of the 4 Horsemen's mouths.
edit on 3-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Hear, not here!

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"That was never my intention."

Or...

More aptly...

"It was never my intention for the goyim to catch wind of this."

Warmonger is Warmonger...

If you support current Israeli policy...
You support this beast...

If you support this beast...
You are guilty by association...

Search your Soul...
Don't destroy it!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

**Netanyahu**just wants to be seen on a Big Stage right before the election (in IS.RA.EL)

NETANYAHU’S LONG HISTORY OF CRYING WOLF ABOUT IRAN’S NUCLEAR WEAPONS

desertpeace.wordpress.com...

In his 1995 book, “Fighting Terrorism,” Netanyahu once again asserted that Iran would have a nuclear weapon in “three to five years,” apparently forgetting about the expiration of his old deadline.

For a considerable time thereafter, Netanyahu switched his focus to hyping the purported nuclear threat posed by another country, Iraq, about which he claimed there was “no question” that it was “advancing towards to the development of nuclear weapons.” Testifying again in front of Congress again in 2002, Netanyahu claimed that Iraq’s nonexistent nuclear program was in fact so advanced that the country was now operating “centrifuges the size of washing machines.”

Needless to say, these claims turned out to be disastrously false. Despite this, Netanyahu, apparently unchastened by the havoc his previous false charges helped create, immediately went back to ringing the alarm bells about Iran.

And this....

Leaked cables show Netanyahu’s Iran bomb claim contradicted by Mossad
12160.info...

The documents, almost all marked as confidential or top secret, span almost a decade of global intelligence traffic, from 2006 to December last year. It has been leaked to the al-Jazeera investigative unit and shared with the Guardian.

The papers include details of operations against al-Qaida, Islamic State and other terrorist organisations, but also the targeting of environmental activists.

The files reveal that:

• The CIA attempted to establish contact with Hamas in spite of a US ban.

• South Korean intelligence targeted the leader of Greenpeace.

• Barack Obama “threatened” the Palestinian president to withdraw a bid for recognition of Palestine at the UN.

• South African intelligence spied on Russia over a controversial $100m joint satellite deal.

The cache, which has been independently authenticated by the Guardian, mainly involves exchanges between South Africa’s intelligence agency and its counterparts around the world. It is not the entire volume of traffic but a selective leak.

edit on 3-3-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Mar 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This man is the hypocrite of all time and nothing but a big mouth crybaby and liar

Even the head of Mossad denounces this despicable mass murderer.

And he should thank his (though he’s an atheist likely) God for America.

This punk presides over a country that has had nuclear bombs for 40 years…hundreds of them!

An aggressive violent country that has invaded small Arab countries numerous times

Its he and his rotten country that is the danger to peace or at least as dangerous as Iran.

What countries has Iran attacked in the last decades?

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Israel’s Goal Isn’t Survival — It’s Regional Dominance.

Second line

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Jew haters will rip Netanyahu a new one. But, so what! Is he right? Does Iran threaten to extinguish Israel every chance it gets? Is Iran funding international terrorism? Are they determined to get nuclear weapons to destroy Israel and the West? Everything else....all the criticism of Israel, all the sympathy for the Palestinians, all the jealousy, etc. is just fodder for criticism, but it doesn't change the Big Questions.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouNeedMe
Israel’s Goal Isn’t Survival — It’s Regional Dominance.

Second line

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
At least Iran is helping to fight the terrorist group ISIS while our good friend and ally Israel does nothing like usual. If anything Israel is helping ISIS seeing how ISIS was created to wipe out Hezbollah. As usual Benny is running his mouth with no proof to back any of it up.

In his opening remarks, Netanyahu said he regrets some have perceived his visit as political. "That was never my intention," he said.

What a liar everyone knows one of the reasons he did this was to get some face time before the elections in Israel. It is a ploy to get people to vote for him by showing how he is so dead set about the safety of Israel. Too bad the warmonger never learned that the best way to make sure your nation isn't safe is by constantly threatening to attack another nation. Do America a favor Benny go back to Israel and never darken our shores again.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Netanyahu Warns Obama Iran Deal Could Threaten Israel's Existence.
source: ca.news.yahoo.com...

Netanyahu... "We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq."
source: www.haaretz.com...

The question is "cui bono?"
source: wikispooks.com...

Israel did 9/11 (Israeli Mossad) by Dr. Alan Sabrosky
source: www.youtube.com...

Project for the New American Century
source: www.youtube.com...
source: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 3-3-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

More lies about Iran and its desires. Nothing new here.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In his speech before Congress, the Prime Minister was extremely respectful and gracious to President Obama.

“We appreciate all that President Obama has done for Israel,” he said. “Some of it is widely known . . . Some of what the president has done for Israel is less well-known.”

The prime minister listed all the times he called Obama and received immediate aid, including the 2010 Carmel forest fire and the siege of the Israeli embassy in Cairo during the 2011 unrest.

“In each of those moments, I called the president, and he was there,” Netanyahu said. “And some of what the president has done for Israel might never be known, because it touches on some of the most sensitive and strategic issues that arise between an American president and an Israeli prime minister.”

“But I know it!” he continued. “And I will always be grateful to President Obama for that support.”

www.nationalreview.com...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Noam Chomsky reminded today on Democracy now that the UN asked Israel to abide by The US program regarding settlements and guess what?
THE US VETOED IT! So much for this phony spat between Barack and this crybaby brat

This is like a crybaby and brat Netanyahu who can’t have all his toys having a crying fit to the other brats (THE GOP) and together they both have their thumbs in their mouths like little children

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
so Netanyahu's solution is to go to war with Iran?...or a blockade?...or tighter sanctions?....or what?.....I didn't get a clarification on what he wants the U.S. to do at this point. well, except to keep providing Israel with billions a year in aide. don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Iran's government, I think they are holding their own people hostage to a extremist religious cult. I think the majority of Iran's people want to join the rest of the world in modernity. it's their leaders that are a threat to their country, not Israel, nor America for that matter.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The guy makes better speeches than Obama.

No wonder the jealousy.

And how many Iran troops are in Syria and Iraq?

Not much discussion about all that is there.

link   
Looks like the Prime Minister really got under some skin with his powerful speech. The gang is all here...with their knives already out and jabbin'.

I think that means he really hit it out of the ball park today.

+7 more 
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Jew haters will rip Netanyahu a new one.

What makes you think Benny is a Jew? Because he says he is? He isn't a Jew he is a Zionist.

Does Iran threaten to extinguish Israel every chance it gets?

No they say they will defend themselves if Israel attacks them like Israel constantly threatens to do.

Is Iran funding international terrorism?

Israel has also admitted to funding terrorist. Now what?

Are they determined to get nuclear weapons to destroy Israel and the West?

Every intelligence agency on the planet including the Israeli Mossad says no they are not trying to get the bomb. The only place that bomb exists is in Benny's tiny little brain.

Everything else....all the criticism of Israel, all the sympathy for the Palestinians, all the jealousy, etc. is just fodder for criticism, but it doesn't change the Big Questions.

What big questions? You mean like how America placed sanctions against Iran because of the lie that they are trying to get a bomb but does nothing when Israel kills American soldiers and American citizens? Like how America does nothing when Israel sells our secrets on the black market along with weapons we donate for their defense? If any other Arab nation did to America what Israel has done to America the American people and its government would be screaming war. But no we do nothing to Israel because of delusional people that believe they are God's chosen ones because of a book that was written centuries ago.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The guy makes better speeches than Obama.

No wonder the jealousy.

And how many Iran troops are in Syria and Iraq?

Not much discussion about all that is there.

Because making great speeches means everything,

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Democrats are flipping out on TV

I wonder if Iran would welcome Israeli inspectors?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Mr. Netanyahu leads a country that is always--always, every moment of every day--under threat by hostile well-armed neighbors. Iran is on record / state policy of desiring to eliminate Israel from the map.

jcpa.org...

""In 2008, the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs published its first in-depth study of the Iranian leadership’s views on Israel and Jews. At the time, much of the debate on the subject was focused on then-President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s statement that Israel should be “wiped off the map.” A controversy arose over whether he indeed made this remark or was mistranslated, as some academics suggested.
In fact, Ahmadinejad was articulating what has long been, and remains, common parlance in Iran. In 2012, the Jerusalem Center published a collection of Iranian leaders’ statements from 2009-2012. The study proved that anti-Israel incitement was never confined to Ahmadinejad, who in any event is no longer in power. The entire Iranian leadership, which takes its cues from Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei and his predecessor, the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, yearns for the day when Israel will be destroyed. This powerful circle includes senior clerics, top Revolutionary Guard commanders, and army officers.""

www.novinite.com...'s+Existence,+Obama+Tells+UN

Does anyone doubt that the lunatics in Teheran would nuke Israel in a heartbeat if they had the resources?

www.theguardian.com...

***Iran's new president created a sense of outrage in the west yesterday by describing Israel as a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the face of the earth". Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who is more hardline than his predecessor, told students in Tehran that a new wave of Palestinian attacks would be enough to finish off Israel.
The populist leader's comments [See footnote], reported by the state-run media, come at a time when Tehran is under pressure over its suspect nuclear weapons ambitions and alleged involvement in attacks on British troops in Iraq.
He said: "Anybody who recognises Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury, [while] any [Islamic leader] who recognises the Zionist regime means he is acknowledging the surrender and defeat of the Islamic world." He was addressing a conference titled The World Without Zionism.***

yes, I know this is old, but show me where official Iranian policy has changed.
edit on 3-3-2015 by works4dhs because: add useful quote

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join