It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraordinary Picture , Weasel riding a Woodpecker !!!

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Martin Le-May an amateur photographer from Essex captured the image yesterday , wildlife experts believe the weasel must have attacked the woodpecker while it was on the ground , the bird took flight in an attempt to escape taking the no doubt terrified weasel with it.

He said: "I heard a distressed squawking noise and feared the worst.
"I soon realised it was a woodpecker with some kind of small mammal on its back.
"I think we may have distracted the weasel as when the woodpecker landed it managed to escape and the weasel ran into the grass.
"I'm so proud so many people are getting to see my image. I'm totally taken aback by the response to it."
www.bbc.co.uk...

How cool is that !

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Looks really cool, but I remember a thread on here showing how most of these photos are staged.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Martin Le-May an amateur photographer from Essex captured the image yesterday , wildlife experts believe the weasel must have attacked the woodpecker while it was on the ground , the bird took flight in an attempt to escape taking the no doubt terrified weasel with it.

He said: "I heard a distressed squawking noise and feared the worst.
"I soon realised it was a woodpecker with some kind of small mammal on its back.
"I think we may have distracted the weasel as when the woodpecker landed it managed to escape and the weasel ran into the grass.
"I'm so proud so many people are getting to see my image. I'm totally taken aback by the response to it."
www.bbc.co.uk...

How cool is that !

That is hilarious...maybe evolution in action who knows? I like the thread title too!

I see also that the picture is being featured on BBC news.
edit on 3-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Woodpecker: "Buckle up motherf***er"

Weasel: "I didn't mean it dude, I didn't mean it! Put me dooowwwwnnn""

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SullivanBlack

That may be so but I don't think this was a set up , here's another picture.

metro.co.uk...

‘My wife Ann and I had gone for a walk. I had hoped she might see a green woodpecker as she had not really seen one before.
‘Both of us trained our binoculars and it occurred to me that the woodpecker was unnaturally hopping about like it was treading on a hot surface.
‘Lots of wing flapping showing that gloriously yellow/white colour interspersed with the flash of red head feathers.

‘Just after I switched from my binoculars to my camera the bird flew across us and slightly in our direction. Suddenly it was obvious it had a small mammal on its back and this was a struggle for life.’

edit on 3-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Chimpanzees raping frogs. Weasels riding woodpeckers.
This day is starting off on a weird leg.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Chimpanzees raping frogs. Weasels riding woodpeckers.
This day is starting off on a weird leg.

Hopefully we'll get one of a UFO riding an airliner…
edit on 3-3-2015 by intrptr because: because I'm compulsive

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I posted this in the ATS funny pictures because as much as we'd like believe that theres a magical friendship here, the weasel is actually trying to kill the woodpecker lol

edit on 3-3-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
LOL !!! I almost coughed up my colon on that last pic. Dude riding the wildlife, that's rich...a reply to: n00bUK

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

If I could give 2 Stars I would... I could care less about it being Putin, could be anyone and it would still be awesome!

Your kung fu is strong my friend

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I saw this on the news, The news said it was actually the weasle trying to kill the bird. Not sure what is true, but Im pretty sure It wasnt just to catch a sweet ride

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Truly an epic photo.

completely invalidates everyone's arguments.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

You need to keep that last one.

Putin riding a weasel ... riding a woodpecker ... Your argument is invalid!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

YA see, this is where Cumans got it all wrong, we made ourselves too big...well God did, we cudda all been all flying around on our trusty Woodys had we been small enough, and the only fuel needed was a bag of Ants. Intelligent design eh? Pffff!
Mind you, Putin's got it sorted and able to make himself smaller that he really is

Still, work needs to be done on those chesticles of his though!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It took a while for it to sink in: but...doesn't this mean that if we had big enough birds that we could ride them?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Woodpeckers are cool. I'll see them sometimes when I walk in the forest. But this is incredible.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SullivanBlack

this has been proved to be real and there are many other photos of this event
also if you look at the woodpecker its crapping its self
for the record the woodpecker did live to fly another day

new topics

top topics

join