It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO and alien encounter declared true by historical society

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: draknoir2

"settles it"? I believe that is known as a strawman argument, since nobody ever said that. You are just pulling it out of your own rear end... Nobody said this settles it. It's just an interesting precident in what may be a long line of disclosure events as a slow release of information to acclimate the public before the big reveal. Whether there will be a reveal or whether there will be any truth to it, who knows? There could be military craft, aliens, demons posing as ET, or.... Nothing.

But the fact remains nobody ever said this case settles anything, so you are kinda acting like an ass...

Someone did, since they are quoted as saying so in the OP subject.

Hey, doesn't the Yakima historical museum in WA have a Sasquatch exhibit?

Guess that...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I didn't say photographs so pictures is perfectly acceptable. You missed a nit there near your ear. a reply to: 3n19m470

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: RUSSO
Please try some common sense. Those rocks as you call them are called logical arguments in more intellectual circles.

Nah... they are the old same "scare tatics" to try disqualify, derail and show the "wizards behind the courtin"(what is a good thing) in UFO threads.

Better you try this in other parishes as it will not work with me.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Sorry I guess I over estimated .

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's an old case.

Just because some amateur historians say it really happened doesn't add anything to the story unless they have new evidence and it doesn't appear that they do.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The evidence is alarmingly obvious.

The fact that people see such a different world is what's truly alarming. 2 sides of the same coin i suppose.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
It's an old case.

Just because some amateur historians say it really happened doesn't add anything to the story unless they have new evidence and it doesn't appear that they do.

Good to know you are a "pro" in naming who is an amateur or not.

You guys are really funny....

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

In the Middle Ages, many monasteries and cathedrals solemnly advertised "authentic" "verified" relics of "the real apostles".

Quite a bit of nice coin from the believing pilgrims.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

In the Middle Ages,

Yep... in the In the Middle Ages.

Now we have a bit more knowledge to verify things. As polygraph tests.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RUSSO

It's an old case.

Doesn't look like they are doing scholarly work based on their website.
And I don't see how they could declare this historic fact if they were applying academic rigor to the process.

But let's say they aren't "amateurs." My comment still applies. If they aren't bringing new evidence to the table it's still the same story whether they declare it historic fact or not. Was this case considered a strong case before this?
edit on 3-3-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

(post by Reds2Cents removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's an old case.

Aren't you doing a similar thing? Saying this historical society's inclusion of a local anecdote is an official admission of the existence of ET is still a claim of authority. Just because it's a museum. But others have mentioned other museums that include exhibits that are simply interesting entertainment.
The library of congress has copies of all of the Harry Potter books but that doesn't mean Hogwarts is real.
The Smithsonian has a superman costume on display. Is that them saying ETs are real?
I mean superman is the ultimate in extraterrestrials isn't he? The point is that museums display objects of interest but don't always display objects that represent any sort of truth.
However because this is a museum you insist this is some sort of disclosure when it is merely one more interesting item for inclusion in their offerings. In essence you make this historical society an authority.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

It's an old case.

Aren't you doing a similar thing? Saying this historical society's inclusion of a local anecdote is an official admission of the existence of ET is still a claim of authority. Just because it's a museum. But others have mentioned other museums that include exhibits that are simply interesting entertainment.
The library of congress has copies of all of the Harry Potter books but that doesn't mean Hogwarts is real.
The Smithsonian has a superman costume on display. Is that them saying ETs are real?
I mean superman is the ultimate in extraterrestrials isn't he? The point is that museums display objects of interest but don't always display objects that represent any sort of truth.
However because this is a museum you insist this is some sort of disclosure when it is merely one more interesting item for inclusion in their offerings. In essence you make this historical society an authority.

Just checking out their website - www.gbhistory.org...

As historical museums go, my man cave is more impressive.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good to hear!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join