It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovas Witness Bothering My Neighbor Today Bothered Me

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
Growing up we lived miles up an old country road. The dogs could easily spot another person forever off in the distance so we knew it was a car or JW's. We used to hide from them. My mom would yell out at us and get us in the house, then close all the blinds and we would peek at them from behind the blinds. They KNEW we were looking at them, but we would just giggle and pretend they didn't see us. Eventually they gave up from us never answering the door.

I really need to re-train Buster, my dog I brought back from Afghanistan, to hate other people...

He got over that cuz he was our bomb sniffer and had to get along with the whole team.

Now he accepts EVERY F'ing ONE unless they smell of explosives...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Dude they used to show up at my place every sunday at like 7am. knocking on every door in my apartment complex. I couldn't take it any more. One day they knocked on my door and I simply answered completely naked. They were like hey we can come back some other time. I was like no, no come on in lets talk. They were like no, no we'll come back later. And I was like I insist you come in. And they were like we gotta go. and they never ever came back. It's been great ever since.

Hey it worked for me. Might work for you too next time.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just tell them you're not interested and close the door. Or don't open it.

I get that they're annoying, but remember they actually believe what they are selling as truth, and even if it's annoying they do actually care about you. I used to want to have a story about opening the door naked or debating them until they swore off the door to door practice, but that's incredibly immature and its not going to work.

There's no sense making an ass out of yourself. You are making an ass out of yourself if you do anything more than say "Not interested" and close the door. You won't win a debate (if anything they win because you wasted your time and they think any time spent trying to convert you is worthwhile), you won't scare them off (unless you do something illegal, and you'll be facing the consequences) and if you make a scene, you just waste time and energy needlessly.

They annoyed me to the point that I put up a NO SOLICITING sign. Then I found out that it's not viewed as soliciting by the govt. or them. That won't help. I don't think any sign you put up is going to help if they can access your door, they're going to knock, and all the NO TRESPASSING signs in the world aren't going to help unless you have a fence and access is restricted. At least that's how it is in the US. I think there was even a Supreme Court ruling about it.

Be classy, people are annoying everywhere. You look like a douche yelling at a telemarketer and you look like a douche yelling at people trying to convert you. I suppose this is different if they are incredibly pushy or something, but in my experience just saying "Not interested" even through a closed door is enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Dude invite them in to help you sacrifice a pig to satan, they will never ever come back

No no, invite them in & offer to sacrifice a 2nd pig to their god, & express your feelings of deep brotherhood & friendship; make sure to subtly caress their shoulder or forearm when you say "deep brotherhood".

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well I think they look douchy trying to convert people who aren't asking to be and clearly are not interested. I've told them several times No, No and No some more. They kept coming back. One time I told them there would be like a one in a million chance that I'd be interested. They took that as favorable odds I guess cause they kept coming back. In cases like this with over aggressive people you have to out aggress them. So give them something unpalatable to deal with and they go away.

Besides ask anybody in the aviation forum. Bass is not classy. I'm kinda like a jack black / john bulishi hobbit looking creature.

Oh and it did work. They stopped coming back. They pester every sunday every building on my block BUT mine. I'm like a urban hero in my apartment building.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This has never failed me, when you see them coming just plop a smoke in your mouth and a beer in your hand, do not hesitate even in the mornings :-)

Open the door and say very loudly "WHAT" I was expecting a special delivery right now.
Then watch them kick their sorry asses back to their car:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jackjoedoe

didn't seem angry to me at all. No I could care less about witnesses or Mormons. I think Nth was just saying...what is the point of making them feel like crap? It seems like an exercise to make yourself feel superior. (not you...I mean yourself as a general term)

Christians tried to convert me way back...I just don't care.

Once you make it known you are not interested, and do it well enough (and it IS possible without being rude) they have no sale left

So I think Nth was just proposing that people can indeed end the trespassing without being rude

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join