It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God of Abraham spoke to me.Now what?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Did you not read the post above where I clarified what I meant by "Atheist"?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Without looking it up (honor system), who's my avatar? What does he symbolize? Where did he come from?

Ooh, I wanna play! It's different from most depictions I've seen, so I may be wrong here, but without looking it up, I'm gonna say it's Ganesh (the elephant head is a dead giveaway), who symbolizes knowledge/wisdom (elephants never forget) and probably several other things, and comes from Hinduism/India.

I'm fairly confident, but I'll wait for your response before looking it up to be sure.

By the way, I'm somewhat spiritual, but firmly anti-religion. I guess I'd be classified as agnostic/atheist....
edit on 3/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

please explain how " voice " = " god of abraham "

I was going to ask this.

Read more posts from OP.

I get the strong impression no voice was ever heard. Not from Yahweh and not even from an auditory hallucination.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Depending on the nature of your 'spirituality' you'd likely be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic deist, also an antitheist.

And yeah my guess would have been Ganesha.
edit on 3-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: ignorant_ape

please explain how " voice " = " god of abraham "

I was going to ask this.

Read more posts from OP.

I get the strong impression no voice was ever heard. Not from Yahweh and not even from an auditory hallucination.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I strongly suspect the same. This 'voice' seems to have had more and more to say with each new post, everything sounds very influenced by Hollywood/new age internet mumbo jumbo, and the specifics and level of detail they remember from this 'experience' seem quite remarkable....

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Ooh, I wanna play! It's different from most depictions I've seen, so I may be wrong here, but without looking it up, I'm gonna say it's Ganesh (the elephant head is a dead giveaway), who symbolizes knowledge/wisdom (elephants never forget) and probably several other things, and comes from Hinduism/India.

I'm fairly confident, but I'll wait for your response before looking it up to be sure.

Close enough. You ruined it for the other guy, though.

Thanks a lot, man.

He also has to do with the placement and removal of personal obstacles to overcome and develop through. The wise teacher.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My guess is seizure and hallucinations or lying spirit. If it were actually 'The God' then there would be no question as to what He was saying. You'd have infused higher knowledge with the visit. At least, that's how it has worked for the saints in the past who received divine visitation. Direct infused knowledge and understanding.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Also had a vision, once many years ago.
I was laying in the desert behind some sand dunes and the sun shining bright. Then I heard strange sounds which came in my direction so I looked up what was coming and saw huge black clouds which caused a big shadow on the ground and the sun went away.
These huge clouds where made of insects from every kind coming near me (with really loud sound & had to close my ears with my hands) and all went over me when I was still laying in the desert behind a sand dune. I thought I wouldn't survive it but they all passed over me.
After that the sun came back and again I heard strange sounds coming but different, like trembeling and shaking sounds, in my direction and darkness coming again so I looked up again to see what was coming and I saw animals from all kinds, big and small coming as a giant wall in my direction, they all went over me when I was still laying behind the sand dune and thought no way I could survive this.
But I did and the sun came back.. and just silence.
Then I didnt heard anything but felt something coming like a presence so I looked up again to see what was coming and I saw a light coming even brighter then the sun and in that light a white cloud with a man standing on it.. coming in my direction and I saw this Jesus figure and seeing him I felt like very small to see him with all his power/might... was very hard to look at him.

Not sure as well what I must do with this vision except that it gave me some hope&strenght to cope with struggles in life.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Depending on the nature of your 'spirituality' you'd likely be an agnostic atheist or an agnostic deist, also an antitheist.

And yeah my guess would have been Ganesha.

Meh. Too many labels. I am what I am.

Would you mind briefly explaining what agnostic deism and antitheism are? If not I can look them up later. I've always thought antitheism was a kind of hardcore, militant atheism, and 'deism' to me, sounds like it entails belief in some sort of deity, but I'm admittedly not very familiar with either.

I am quite familiar with all major religions, however....

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Close enough. You ruined it for the other guy, though.

Thanks a lot, man.

Sorry...*pretend there's a sheepish grin here, as I can't tell what most of these damn smileys are supposed to be*

I don't think I've heard of the association with overcoming personal obstacles before. Interesting, but it does fit with what I do know of him.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

You did say firmly anti-relgion. That's a good description for an antitheist. The 'hardcore' or 'militant' atheist is likely an antitheist, but antitheism doesn't necessarily mean you're an atheist. Antitheism would be the active opposition towards theism, which is to say against religions and not necessarily against 'god'. Deism does indeed mean a belief in a deity, a creator god. It's the belief in a god that doesn't intervene in its creation and therefore rejects all religions. Therefor you could be a deist antitheist.

As for labels. I just use whatever one makes sense in the context of discussion. Labels don't mean much to me, but sometimes they're convenient

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy
So...I guess I'm an antitheistatheistagnostideist? Say that five times fast lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ViciLaw

Now what?

Go get a pych evaluation and a prescription for anti pychotics.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I am sure you have been told before in this thread but on the off chance you havnt.
God wants you to love Him because He loves you.
God doesnt need you going on a spiritual scavenger hunt for Him, thats absurd.

Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished" that means everything necessary has been accomplished.
You really want to know what God wants from you, read the New Testament.
Ever notice that it is generally nut jobs and cult leaders who hear from god directly, there is a reason for that, guess

Hmmm... I'm not saying you're wrong here, but, didn't the Bible say that young men would have visions during the end times?

Also, didn't the very books you directed him to, the New Testament, contain prophecies about events to come? Wouldn't that mean that everything that needs to happen has not happened? I do not intend to challenge your knowledge on the subject, but, could there at least be an inkling of a possibility that you might have misinterpreted Yeshua/Jesus' words? In other words, are you human? (Humans are capable of being wrong... about anything and everything)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

antitheistatheistagnostideist?

Minus the atheist or deist part and yeah

I either say I am an antitheist or an atheist. Just depends on the situation. Or I say I'm an agnostic atheist and also an antitheist if I want to cover all grounds.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

How do you know you are not a victim of CIA black ops

Or even malevolent aliens

All that matters is what they want you to do and if this has dark undertones that would later get even darker or immoral

You better be suspicious

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Sometimes some people 'know' certain things. For example, you can tell looking at the sky if you're going to need your umbrella on your way to work. You just 'know', by the sound of your engine, if your car is going to run good or not.

Now, it's possible, God of Abraham introduced himself, then again, it's possible, that somehow, he just.....knew. One of those hard to explain things.

I agree that sometimes you just 'know' something, but if the OP had a legitimate religious experience and just 'knew' it was the 'god of Abraham', I don't think they would be questioning it on ATS.

To me, it didn't sound as if they weren't questioning WHO sent them on the mission, but rather the mission itself. Just my take. I could be wrong.
edit on 3/3/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Remember...what you experienced isn't religion, it was something else. I'm an atheist at heart, but if there is a god, I can pretty much guarantee that religion has bastardized its message a long time ago.

Don't feel a need to find religion--if you prefer to be spiritual, have at it, but societal pressure to be a part of a religion is probably the devil's work

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Ever notice that it is generally nut jobs and cult leaders who hear from god directly, there is a reason for that, guess

Are you serious, so Moses started a cult...but then again that sounds about right...after all the Romans did call early followers of the Nazarene a cult

"It is finished" that means everything necessary has been accomplished.

So why bother doing anything? Why even offer your "advice"

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ViciLaw

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Also have you dabbled in the occult at all recently ? Perhaps some works related to the OTO ?

In my experience not everything that comes to you is going to be good, so be on guard.

No never dabbled in the so called dark arts. It showed me what a demon is and said that they got lost along the way, but will eventually return on the path again. Which makes me wonder how a demon can return to the right path? Aren't demons just down right evil in nature and never return to the so called good side?

Also demons don't have horns or eyes, they they look like artificial and their bodies smell like decomposing eggs, they have no face, but some how they can still hear,see and smell.

Why is it teaching me this stuff..

The angels that mated with humans became fallen angels, or Ellohim. (Sons of God). Maybe God is saying the fallen Angels, who became demons, will become welcome in the Kingdom once more?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join