It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God of Abraham spoke to me.Now what?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

So the good god watched with indifference when the bad god sent a genocidal global flood to kill the vast majority of life.... because people at that time were not choosing the spirit of light?

Or is it that only the bad god can intervene in Earthly matters?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

God was not indifferent he was , is, and always will be merciful. The problem is God does not intervene because it is humanity's free-will choice to keep the house in darkness. The solution? Let a being of incredible light (Jesus) be born in the world as a human to try to convince humanity that if they put the Light on the darkness will disappear and they will be able to See (Know The Truth).
edit on 4-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

The OP says the "God of Abraham", wasn't this the god that turned on the tap?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The Original Poster later said the God wasn't yahweh...

edit on 4-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

But the good book says that the god of Noah was also the god of Abraham. So the OP doesn't even know who he is talking to?

Or we can bring out occam's razor and declare the OP was just an excuse to preach.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: sanitizedinfo
Maybe. That would be a different god than the Biblical one though.

Since it was his direct intervention that caused the suffering and death and destruction Onslaught mentioned. At least on many occasions. Lets not forget the genocidal flood, and the carpet bombing of two major cities with brimstone. And all the innocent babies and children that would have died absolutely horribly as a direct result. I'd say we could direct blame away from ourselves, and onto that being. Unless of course you think those infants and toddlers in Sodom and Gomorra were so far gone in their wicked ways as to be deserving of getting their faces melted off.

God works in mysterious ways, eh?
the enemy of man is called an accuser in the bible

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Or the "good book" is not 100% true. Which would explain why yahweh the deceiving war "god" was in there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I'm not trusting the "good book" or the OP, but it was the OP that put the biblical spin on this whole thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Which I thought was a very interesting development lol....

Arpgme can you post scriptural verses from the Bible demonstrating two separate gods. One being good, and one being bad. The bad one being Yahweh, and the good one being Elyon(sp?). Or perhaps point me to a thread you made on the matter?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I'm shaking in my heathen boots. Truly. I am.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'm shaking in my heathen boots. Truly. I am.
we face the elements of confusion due to h pocrisy of humans and confusion of prophecy.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Which I thought was a very interesting development lol....

Arpgme can you post scriptural verses from the Bible demonstrating two separate gods. One being good, and one being bad. The bad one being Yahweh, and the good one Boeing Elyon(sp?). Or perhaps point me to a thread you made on the matter?
there is also a strange god described.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Here is a comparison of Bible verses exposing yahweh the war god from the Merciful God :

Marcion's Antithesis

Here is a thread where I compare the two:

Yin-Yang Paganism: No, God is not Light and darkness only Light

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So you are saying that the OT "god" is not the god that Jesus talked about but was bundled with the new religion.

This doesn't change the fact that this "supreme god" just sits idle and that your rationalization that it's because man chooses to dwell in darkness seems like a poor excuse for such a merciful good.

I guess we can also say that "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good "gods" to do nothing."

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
So you are saying that the OT "god" is not the god that Jesus talked about but was bundled with the new religion.

This doesn't change the fact that this "supreme god" just sits idle and that your rationalization that it's because man chooses to dwell in darkness seems like a poor excuse for such a merciful good.

I guess we can also say that "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good "gods" to do nothing."

Just thought I'd share this - It said that it did not cause the flood, it was man and the will of man alone that caused the flood. Something to do with polarity and enough juice in the cosmic doom reactor type of mumbo jumbo I guess.

Also It does plenty for many and helps in more ways then anyone knows, most of the time it is man that chooses to ignore the help or learn the lesson.

Also stop blaming the Devil apparently he isn't even the Devil but someone who was tasked with the job to test man. I guess it was a job someone had to do and so called Lucifer chose to do it. There was no rebellion the only rebellion was between the Gods of Old and their children.

The God of so called Son was bundled with the stories of the Gods of Old and Olympian Gods.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ViciLaw
It said ...

I honestly think it is just you. I once saw it described as painting things with what's available in your own psyche.

Also, you seem to think that what is important is for you to share your experience. That you were given a great message. You were not. There is no logical reason why an all powerful being could not interact with every human on the planet in the same way that it did with you. The idea that it needs a "special" person to carry the message seems rather egotistical.
edit on 5-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This whole thread reminds me of a lady from my dad's church who showed everyone a "photograph" god told her to take out of an airplane in 2012. It was a fantastical landscape.

He sent me the pic, I google searched it, and it turns out it is an art/photoshop created by a guy in 2007. Up until I sent him the original aritist's link, she had answers for all of the inconsistencies. Finally she knew the gig was up and quit talking.

As soon as this thread went from a 4 second blackout to daily ramblings it became obvious this is just a bunch of garbage by a person who may or may not be hearing voices. Even the writing is filled with sly/manipulative intent, but the OP are apparently unaware how that kind of intent just stands out.

If you are hearing voices, ignore them for your own well-being, you are being deceived. If not, stop making up lies.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Halfswede because: mispelled her as here

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
God does. People just have to relax and listen to the words of God's Love.

Interesting that me and The OP said the same thing about the flood. People choose darkness/destruction so they were allowed to have it. If humanity wants God/Light/Love then humanity is also free to choose it. Why blame God that humanity chooses to keep the light off in their house (Earth)? It's humanity's free-will.

God is The Merciful Light, to choose darkness is to choose ignorance, fear, hatred, war, and suffering. God is not punishing people as revenge. People suffer because they choose darkness and it is The Light/God that is Life, Mercy, Love, and Peace.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
God does.

What, do nothing?

Interesting that me and The OP said the same thing about the flood.

Not really, it is the same new agey sounding thing floating all over the net.

ETA: Actually, it's that christianity meets new age thing that you also seem to be into.
edit on 5-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

God The Merciful DOES give messages but some people do not listen to God's merciful words.

Edit: What is new age about this? God is The Light and Creator of Life. The devil is the deceiver who seeks to destroy - nothing "new" age about that.

edit on 5-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join