It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher hangs herself in classroom before students arrive; had lectured students in past on suicide

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Well said and thank you! Ok, Ok, I'm going now.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
*****ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS*****

We would like to remind you that we expect civility and decorum in all forums, topics, and discussions. Continuing to post in a manner not in accordance with the T&C's can and will result in post removals and/or posting bans. Please continue your discussions with an eye on the topic and not your fellow members. Please also remember to stay on topic and cease any and all attempts to derail the thread/discussion before you.

Thank you.

You Are Responsible For Your Own posts.

We Expect Civility & Decorum In All Topics.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Courtesy Is Mandatory

*** Do Not Reply To This Post ***

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Its called domestication folks- Teacher was teaching someone elses dream(JOB) and not being rigorously honest. It was not a selfish act if you can see beyond Good vs Evil.

Of course most of what i say on any thread or post anywhere not many understand. Definitely not here to win friends and influence people this time around.
edit on 3-3-2015 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Thank you, mods....

For those who have suggested foul play may have been involved, I still haven't been able to find any follow-up stories, but the original reports all said that preliminary investigations pointed to this being a suicide. Also, while not impossible, I find the idea of someone being able to enter a school and doing something like this to a teacher, without being noticed or leaving evidence of a struggle to be highly unlikely.

I think this was just a depressed, confused individual who, for whatever reason, chose to end her life, and in one of the worst, most irresponsible places imaginable.

Normally I would feel sympathetic towards anyone who has made such a sad, final decision. I know many will disagree with me, but in this case, I have no sympathy for this woman. She made a conscious decision to do this in her classroom, and had to have known that it would almost certainly be her students that would find her. The only sympathy I have here is for those students. They may be in high school, but they are still children, and should not have to see something like that. That image will be with them for the rest of their lives....

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Heartbreaking indeed.What i can't understand is why in the classroom where the kids were bound to find it.She must have known the emotional trauma to them.

What you have stated above...is what I have been thinking too. It's hard to know exactly what was going on in her mind when the suicide happened; if it was really suicide.

I am just wondering too...if it really was a suicide...or was it a homicide...made to look like a suicide. Sometimes people can have powerful enemies.

edit on 2015-03-03T05:13:13-06:00amTuesdayam0320153America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I was going to say something snarky until I read your post.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Isn't this to the highest extreme "due as I say not as I do"?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

This is terrible...absolutely terrible.

But in an instance like this, I can't help but question if they have looked into foul play at all. I know people are capable of some terrible things, but to do this to the children of her class and school, not to mention the other administrators and family and friends, is beyond me. If it were at home, I'd accept it as suicide, but being displayed in her classroom like that--seems a tad fishy, especially concerning what she preached against to her students.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

No, it's morbid and detached to think that someone such as yourself is positively incapable of even a modicum of compassion.

I truly, truly hope you never run into such problems in your life. I wonder if you'd make fantastic, "best for all" choices yourself.

Get back to me when you've been there my friend.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I was going to say something snarky until I read your post.

Thank you. It's downright exasperating just how staunchly lacking in compassion some people can be. Most usually under the guise of being "good people" because of "thinking of the children", and most usually "Christian"....

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
a reply to: greencmp

Isn't this to the highest extreme "due as I say not as I do"?

Yes though, we don't really know what the content of her suicide related lessons were in class if that even happened.

It is the reason I immediately suspected that she had been targeted by the teacher's union, why else would she choose to do it on school premises?
edit on 3-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'll revise my post and simply say that my campassion
is with the living.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I'll revise my post and simply say that my campassion
is with the living.

All I'm going to say is that you seem to have a very narrow field of view on things. Makes me wonder what you've actually encountered in the past. And what you haven't.

Good luck with that approach my friend, I'm sure it'll get you far.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I am not the topic nor is my field of view nor what I have or haven't
encountered in the past. It's the dead teacher in the classroom. But,
I guess I need to keep that clearly in mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Randy, it seems like we might be able to come to a point of mutual understanding here.

I truly do understand your compassion for the students and teachers who found the body. I do.

But, I also feel for the woman who felt this was the way she needed to go. Who was in such a f&cked up state of being that THIS was how she felt she needed to do it.

Why do I feel this way? Well, two main reasons.

First and foremost, I deal on a day to day basis with my own demons. Demons that tell me I am such a pathetic excuse for a human being, that I might as well just end it all here and now. I've let the ones I love down, let myself down, let people who depended on me down. I've been fired almost regularly. Hell, my teachers were onto something when they expressed frustration in me over the years. Hell, maybe all the teasing I've received over my life was deserved! Give me a f8cking gun, give it to me now.

Second, as an adult and a parent, I cannot prevent the full frontal life experience exposure from hitting my children. Life is ugly. Even the act of physically making love is a grotesque and disgusting thing when viewed from a certain angle. Life has good parts to it. Friendship, family, experience, and love. All of these things are good. But, they do not come in a sanitized package ready for consumption stamped by the FDA.

So, am I saying that it's alright for me to go and kill myself by blowing my brains out in front of my family at sunday dinner? Hell no. I'd really rather do *anything* else in the world than that. But, I know that I do NOT know precisely where my line in the sand is when dealing with these things. Just as much as I don't know where yours is.

And honestly, I'm not certain you or anyone else truly understands where that line is either.

WHAT HAPPENED WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, AND ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING SHOULD BE DONE TO HELP PREVENT THIS KIND OF THING FROM HAPPENING AGAIN.

I just cannot bring myself to crucify the person who felt they had no other options open to themselves. Life is a series of interconnections. Every single thing you do has the potential to effect me, my children, and the stranger next to me. This being said, I just feel that for such a horrible thing to happen, the best we can do is look to learn from it. To use it as an opportunity reach out, and express our love and caring for each other, and provide a foundation of trust where hopefully the next person such as this teacher can understand that they can reach out, find help, and find something that they previously didn't know existed.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

And I give you.... public education.

Only on ATS ca you see someone make such a stupid statement.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Don't bother...I know precisely the kind of flaming I'm going to get as a result of this. None of it will surprise me.

Unfortunately, ATS seems to be predominantly flooded with incredibly ignorant teenagers who probably spend much of their time ranting at people in YouTube comments and telling people they hate to go and kill themselves. We have a hell of a lot of trolls here.

I'm with you on everything else you said too, there seems to be a massive problem with caring for others experiencing psychological problems in the US, but then this serves the big pharma companies who love to make millions pushing their drugs on national TV, further minimizing GENUINE psychological problems by claiming that all you need is a little pill.

The attitude in the US when it comes to mental health is seriously f-ed up. When you have a society that makes a "condition" out of normal Human emotions (nervousness is NOT the same as an anxiety disorder, no matter if a drug company tries to tell you it is), those who genuinely have psychological issues are lost.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: greencmp

And I give you.... public education.

Only on ATS ca you see someone make such a stupid statement.

Back at you, buddy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join