It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher hangs herself in classroom before students arrive; had lectured students in past on suicide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Now there's a humorous thought
Moi? A pacifist ?

No. I am not.

I am simply not the person to judge another in this kind of issue. I just don't believe any of us are suited to sit in judgement with such an insulated issue as that which brings itself to light in the emotional well being of someone else.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
Thank you. It is a very emotionally charged subject because of I am just now coming out of such a dark place. The memories are still so fresh though, and I fear for others dealing with suicidal feelings.

edit on 2-3-2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I hear you. I do.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Fair enough,

As Ignorant or insensitive as my comments may be to some, they're already out there now, and I do mean what I said that we all have the choice.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Fair enough

And I wouldn't censor anything you've said, btw. All views are valid....

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm glad you would choose not to censor my opinion as I certainly would not censor yours.

Although I don't know if what was said by another, about inciting people to commit suicide, was directed at me..but it surely is not my intention.

If anything I'd like to bring both the positive and negative aspects to the table so we can talk about things like the grown adults we are.
edit on 2-3-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

You are the only voice of reason here. The OP (not the story but the writer) makes me want to vomit due to their sickening insensitivity and ignorance.

To the OP, you have no idea how dangerous your words are. You have said all the right words to trigger someone struggling with suicidal idealization to commit suicide. You very well could be guilty of murder at this very moment due to your screwed up logic.

Yes, harsh but you need to wake the hell up and see that people like you do the most damage. Unless you have dealt with being suicidal, maybe next time you should just keep your mouth shut. YOU WORDS ARE LETHAL AND DANGEROUS.

I am a suicide survivor. My mother committed suicide, and I have dealt with my own feeling of suicide. I know what I am talking about.

Why don't you head over to this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!

I have attempted suicide. I feel for this woman that she felt there was no other option but death, but sadly, I feel for these children as well. They had to witness this when there was no need. That's no call to get pissed at me about it! Perhaps you should read the whole thread to see where I stand on suicide before you make judgments about me. I am very sorry for what you went through. But I know what I'm talking about as well. Everyone has dealt with suicide in their own way. To bash me, then tell me to join your "little club" to what? Get bashed some more if I come over? Ummm, yeah, I'll pass. You can be just as judgmental here thanks. There is an effect called the Werther effect.

Granted this isn't a "famous" suicide, but for these children, she was very well known to THEM, therefore can be seen as famous. Hence why I referenced the Werther effect.

Werther Effect

I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but I wasn't overly fond of her choice of avenues either. As someone who deals with severe depression on a daily basis, I sympathize. MAJORLY! But as a parent of a special needs child, I'm am also a little angry. If my child walked into her classroom and saw her teacher hanging from the ceiling, I'd be IRATE that her teacher put her through that! Special needs or not! How you can write it off and blame ME for posting it, is beyond me, but hey, knock yourself right out! Hold on, let me hold my chin a little further for you, you didn't hit me hard enough on it the last time. There ya go, have a good enough go at it. You won't get a third chance.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I'm glad you would choose not to censor my opinion as I certainly would not censor yours.

Although I don't know if what was said by another, about inciting people to commit suicide, was directed at me..but it surely is not my intention.

If anything I'd like to bring both the positive and negative aspects to the table so we can talk about things like the grown adults we are.

I couldn't agree more.

I just sincerely hope that my children will grow up in a society where these are not silent issues to burden on your own, as I spent the greater majority of my life doing.

As it so happens, I am in a pretty low place at the moment as I write this. No phone calls, please....I am not about to self-harm......But I am painfully aware of just how utterly miserable life can be.

edit on 2-3-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Please don't take things too seriously, they said what they had to say and you have too.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I also truly hope that our future generations can be more open regarding these matters.

These are things that we (society) don't want to address because it's a "hindrance to progress".

however the greatest, and profoundest of evolution will occur when we learn to understand who we are..and why we are the way we are.

I must admit that I am also painfully aware of life's miseries..I'm not going to bore you all with my life stories but I know what you mean; and if you do feel like causing self harm at some point, I'll be glad to help you through it as best I can.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I also truly hope that our future generations can be more open regarding these matters.

These are things that we (society) don't want to address because it's a "hindrance to progress".

however the greatest, and profoundest of evolution will occur when we learn to understand who we are..and why we are the way we are.

I must admit that I am also painfully aware of life's miseries..I'm not going to bore you all with my life stories but I know what you mean; and if you do feel like causing self harm at some point, I'll be glad to help you through it as best I can.

Thank you

And personally, I think it's not an issue of "hinderance of progress"....rather, I think there is a high probability that the issue here is the fear of those who were left behind.

But, hey...just my personal take on it.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No problem

The "hindrance of progress" is not my personal opinion, but one I feel has been around since ancient times.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Eh sounds to me like she had some # going on, was probably already depressed...went to work and the reality of her #ty life and job became overwhelming and she just said "# it" and that was it.

Talk about a bad Monday.

Some suicides are the result of built up crap that eventually overwhelm people and makes them break.

That's what I say happened.

Either way, sad story all around. Not a good way for teens to be broken from their phone stupors for a day.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

No it was directed at me. Possibly my comment about it being selfish. I meant what I said. She lectured those kids on NOT committing suicide time and again in her class because of what she witnessed with her father, and YES, she was I pain, and yes, I understand it and sympathize with it, but as a parent, she also put those children through the same pain she felt with her father, and I don't feel that was right. I CAN understand and see both sides without "pushing people to suicide". But apparently that is what my post said or did. I won't apologize for it because that is NOT what my post was about.

According to them, I don't know what it's like to deal with suicide, fine, whatever. I have severe PTSD with depression, anxiety, and OCD. I have suicidal ideation often, but won't act on it as long as my daughter is still alive. She is the only thing keeping me going right now. I WAS in a good mood, not at the moment anymore. I don't like being accused of setting people up for suicide. But hey, whatever floats your boat and helps you to sleep at night. If that means I have to be the bad guy so be it. I've played the bad guy for almost everyone in my family and I've taken the blame for a lot things beyond my control, so WTH, what's one more thing.
edit on 3/2/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

It matters not what this woman was going thru. She betrayed
a trust that was bestowed upon her everyday with these kids.
She burned the image of her dead body, hanging in their class
room, forever in the minds of her students. And quite possibly
warping their minds for life, with her overly dramatic death.
I have no pity for her at all. She came to school and killed herself
to be cruel if you ask me. She was prolly afraid no one would find
her for a few days if she did it at home. This is just morbid and detached.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

No less morbid and detached than the lack of empathy you are showing the woman who killed herself.

Sometimes, every once in a great while, the world should look at one person, not one person to the world.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

So it's morbid and detached to care more about
the psyche of these youngsters coming up in
life.
Then someone who's dead because she decided to
end hers in a public display?

Nope don't see it that way.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Well this teacher like anyone who commits suicide is a coward.....

and the NRA wanted to arm all teachers as their response to Sandy hook..you wanna give guns to these losers?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AnyafajLook, I am not trying to attack you, I am trying to get you to not say a dangerous statement anymore.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't know my kids were killed last year. However, you referenced the link I gave you and went as far as to call it a club. If you did indeed click on that link you would have known my kids were killed. That makes it difficult for me to believe you didn't word you last post specifically to be as vicious and cruel as possible.

You say you have PTSD (and something tells me that you are not one of the morons who claim PTSD because they stubbed their toe), well then for the sake of everyone else who deals with PTSD and suicidal ideation to stop calling people who commit suicide selfish. It is no different than calling the 14 year old girl dying of cystic fibrosis in Chile petitioning the president for euthanasia selfish. If you had PTSD you know it's not just mental, you know the overwhelming physical symptoms.

Guilt and suicidal ideation is already a vicious cycle. the two feed each other, all I am asking is you don't feed into that.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Circumstance is irrelevant.

When people say something is "selfish" they are showing their own bias towards something they find distasteful. All human actions are selfish to varying degrees. To think otherwise is folly.

I will never, ever dare say someone's suicide was a "selfish" act. This is such an incredibly personal thing.

Have you had the experience of thinking you know someone, for however long, then one day... seemingly out of the blue they pull a stunt and you wonder.. who the heck is this person?

Now it's not your best friend, it's someone who's last paragraph in life you read about after someone else relays it. You didn't know this person. You have no clue what they were experiencing. You're going to judge this last act of theirs, and claim to have a clue what was going through their mind?

Circumstance is irrelevant in that last act. I give everyone an out, no matter how tragic the outcome. If we weep, so be it.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join