It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher hangs herself in classroom before students arrive; had lectured students in past on suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Anyafaj

As a person who has dealt with suicidal thoughts/actions in the past, I can now honestly say it is a very selfish thing to do.

The reason being, for one you always leave behind more questions, trauma for family/friends etc.

Also depending on when/how you do it, you can go on to mentally disturb a person or group of persons for the rest of their lives.

I do however feel that assisted suicide for those who are terminally Ill should be a right we all have. Being forced to suffer (physically) year after year should not be something you need to endure IMO, especially if it's only prolonging the inevitable.

ETA: for those of you asking why she did it in the classroom, well she did warn them about suicide so in her mind I'm sure it was her final way of making sure the lesson stuck and that they in turn would not do it in their lives. Again I've been down that road before, I'm sure that's what she had in mind, or something similar..the intent of the act wasn't selfish, it's the committing of the act that is selfish

I've been down that road myself, as well. When I heard my father's voice just as I was about to commit, I decided not to because I knew he would be the one to find me. To this day no one in my family knows I ever attempted. Only I and a handful of therapists.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: TDawg61
31 years old .Obviously something was tormenting this young lady to take her life.And it doesn't sound like she was unhappy with her job judging by her popularity with her students.I wonder about marriage problems causing her drastic action.

Her father had committed suicide, so it's possible it might have been around the anniversary of that time, as well as marital problems.

As well as genetics.Theres a reason people are asked if their is any history of mental issues in their family.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The only immortality we have is fame ( history ) now she is immortal. Sure there is a note somewhere with reasons. My be to get a subject public too.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: threeeyesopen
Our own feelings and emotions are just that, our own.

Precisely, we all have our own opinions.

I'm glad you posted though, it's good to have a view from the other side, especially for people who have a strong opinion on the matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I appreciate, fully so, the desire to shelter your children.

But...are you going to be able to be there no matter what? Or when?

Doesn't this open the door for a discussion that could very well help your children in the future? Perhaps if this teacher had found such a way to have this discussion, she wouldn't have felt the need to bring things to an end.

Yes, it will deeply impact the students. I feel sorry for them.

I for one believe in teaching reality to my children. Sometimes, reality is a sumptuously gorgeous thing. Sometimes, it is hideous. Most of the time, I find it to be a mingling of both. I'll seize the opportunity to discuss what needs to be discussed with my children. I hope others will do the same. If my children experienced something as this, I'd seek to form a bridge with them for hope that it would give them the foundation of being able to reach out to myself and others when things get dark for them. I for one feel that this is grossly overlooked and mishandled in our society.

I was raised men don't have problems they cannot handle themselves. Let alone problems they need to talk about.

I think at the end of your post, you stated an appreciation for being able to see things from a possibly new angle. I hope this does give you something to actively think about.

That's all I ask. I'm not looking for backers.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Glad you're still here

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
So a person felt enough pain that they took their own life and the big subject here is how horrible a person she must have been for dying where she did.

Sorry, I can't bring myself to get on this bandwagon.

I don't think she was a horrible person. I think she was a person in such pain she couldn't think clearly and sadly subjected the children she cared about to the pain she was in. She may not have intended to, but that was the end result. It's heartbreaking all around.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Thank you

As I just said a moment ago to someone else....all I am asking here is that people stretch their mind a bit. Simply try to introduce a new factor into their current paradigm.

One of two things will happen...

Either it'll strengthen their resolve, or open their mind to a new and evolved paradigm.

Without this challenge, you're never quite capable of being sure, are you?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I applaud you, friend.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Glad you're still here

Thank you. The same goes to all who have once contemplated, or tried it in the past.

2nd

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides
Considering the way she did this, this woman was a selfish coward (and many other things that the TCs don't allow me to say). If someone decides they're going to off themselves, I say fine. It's a cowardly thing to do, but it's their prerogative. But for someone to make that decision, and then go an extra step to ensure their corpse is found by numerous children is pretty damn messed up. There's a special place in hell for such people....

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am more just shocked that she did it there, don't judge her for the action.

edit on ndMon, 02 Mar 2015 20:24:53 -0600America/Chicago320155380 by Sremmos80 because: chose was a bad word.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I find it ponderously curious that you take such faith in the idea that as surely as there is a heaven for you, that there is a hell for this person.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Don't be confused. The teacher didn't have the right to make this decision for an entire school worth of children. Not every child is the same socio emotionally. This is more than age or grade or understanding. Some children just won't have been ready for this.

I have two distinctly sepeeate children. Something as simple as "I bought shorts for you because they were on sale. No you can't wear them, its 25 ° outside !" causes children to be confused. I consider this woman's life to be much more serious.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

All I have to say in rebuttal is this...

I feel that I have the proven ability, as a parent, to handle such a scenario.

Do you?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow nearly half the comments I've read have all said "why would she do it in the classroom"...

I'm not sure if any of you know anyone who has ever killed themselves before...

But a telltale sign is that they usually aren't thinking straight in the first place!!!

Damn it some of you are so smart as well, fix up for crying out loud.

Use some damn logic!

RIP.

link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I applaud you, friend.

Thank you Nulla. I know when I tried it, I wasn't thinking clearly. I had the razor to my wrist when my father called down to the basement, it kind of brought me out of my reverie, if you will. Otherwise, I was just about there. I was in so much pain dealing with the thoughts of past sexual abuse from when I was 7. I had blocked the abuse out but by 13 began getting flashbacks. My dad didn't want to answer questions about it because to his way of thinking, if I forgot about it, then I would move on. To my way of thinking, if I knew what happened I would move on. Instead I thought I was going insane like my birth mother. She's paranoid schizophrenic and experiences hallucinations. So when I got the flashbacks and no one would talk to me, I thought it was hallucinations. I thought I was becoming HER. She was very abusive to me. Physically and emotionally. I didn't want that. I FEARED that most of all! And since no one wanted to answer my questions, I thought it was true, I WAS becoming her. I decided I would die before I harmed anyone like she had harmed me, so I decided to kill myself. I prayed God forgive me, I put one of my dad's spare tool razors to my wrist, closed my eyes, and heard my dad ask who was wasting electricity in the basement. I knew if I went through with it, he would be the one to find me all bloody. I didn't want that. As much as he wasn't answering any of my questions, I still loved him! I couldn't do that to him! 2 years later, my stepmother and him went to marriage counseling and I told the counselor and we met in private once a week. She was very helpful I getting me to heal.

link   

Exactly, if we broaden the horizons of our minds we can more easily come up with tangible solutions.

There is no doubt that we do not have enough institutions to help those who are on the edge.

That being said though, it's also a matter of the person wanting to get help.

Personally I chose not to get help, and escaped the cycle through my own determination..but that doesn't work for everyone, and I understand that.

It's easy for me to say the things I do because I've been there and done that..and also coached other people out of suicide so I feel it's something that we can all overcome.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Ya I have information from people close to me to support what I said as well.
My madre and pretty much all our family friends are teachers/administrators that were former teachers.

I won't say there isn't problems with the unions, but would rather see them there with protection then not.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Fair enough, it is about the most untouchable issue we have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join