It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow in Huntington Beach, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Source

So I live in Orange County for years and I'm pretty sure that it only rained like once the entire time and it definitely didn't even come close to snow cover. Yes at times you could see snow capped mountains or you could drive to Big Bear and go sking but never on the beach.

A cold snap early Monday morning sent hail down in Huntington Beach, shocking people in the downtown area who weren’t expecting white stuff to come falling from the sky. Surfer Sumo Sato was barefoot when he went to visit Huntington Surf and Sport, and was caught off guard when snow started piling up on the sidewalk and streets.

“Everyone is freaking out,” he said. “Main and PCH is packed with snow.”

Interesting stuff people.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

"Everyone is freaking out" (surfer dude voice) lol love it!

As someone who does have to deal with snow at least half the year it's no skin off my back, but I feel for ya.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Oh im in the north east now but yeah i could see how that would throw them for a loop. The weather is practically perfect there year round, sunny everyday.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hey it hailed out here in east county san deigo too! Only for 5 min or so though.

Happened to be driving at the time, these poor folks had just got in an accident and were on the side of the freeway right at the heart of it coming down, felt bad.

edit on ndMon, 02 Mar 2015 15:36:39 -0600America/Chicago320153980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

My parents travel a lot to the U.S in the winter months and they have mentioned a few places where the weather is near perfect all the time.

Of course this being an unnatural occurrence and all, I'd say it's something to do with "climate change" but I'm no expert, nor will I claim to be.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

As someone who has lived in just about the greatest extremes possible that America has to offer for temperature (Born in MO, raised in AK and DC, lived in TX and SC as well as CO & CA as well as many states throughout the midwest), I've learned that weather is a fickle thing.

What utterly amazes me is the lacking of ability the apparent majority of people have to adapt.

Instead, it appears to be a capacity for whining.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Collect enough snow outside and make a snowball.

Bring it home and put it in your freezer until next year.

On the warmest day, take it out and throw it at someone.

You will probably be the only person with snow in OC next year.

Enjoy your new found celebrity status!

Derp...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
SNOW! SNOW! They couldn't handle the snow!

Bet the cars are piled up like a rich kids matchbox's

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Seriously? Snow in Huntington Beach?? Hard to imagine! I'm from OC too. But I haven't talked with family the last few days, didn't know about this.
Weird weather all around..

I see it was actually hail. We had a hail storm the other day, and I was driving. It was so strange, like driving on marbles, kinda scary.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Big difference between snow and hail.

I've had hail when it's 90 degree's.

So a hailstorm is not a freak occurrence, it's just weather.

new topics

top topics

join