It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy gets seizure while parachuting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Guy gets seizure while parachuting. .its an amazing rescue operation by another parachutist .
When falling with high velocity, a companion jumper saves a man who apparently gets a seizure in mid air.

I couldn't find it here so I thought you would want to see this. . If so redirect. .

Peace

edit on 0b29America/ChicagoMon, 02 Mar 2015 12:22:29 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 02 Mar 2015 12:22:29 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think the best way to die would be to jump from a plane with no parachute. Talk about a thrill.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

A few years ago a young gentleman talked his way onto a plane at the local skydiving place under the premise that he wanted to take photos for a school related project. Once they got up to Altitude and everyone began their jumps, he casually stood up and calmly walked out the door with his camera. He then proceeded to continue taking photos, the entire way down...until his camera abruptly ceased to function. Apparently you're not alone in thinking this is an apt way to go out on your own terms!

a reply to: 0bserver1

This was one of my favorite things about my time in the army...being 18/19 years old and getting paid to walk out the back door of a C130A. This video scares the hell out of me though. I just developed a seizure disorder a few months ago so apparently I need to add skydiving to my list of prohibited activities for the foreseeable future as I just don't trust that I would be lucky enough to have fortune strike like it did for this guy. What a bummer to jump and not even be able to remember the trip down! or worse, coming to before landing and trying to get your bearings. No thanks...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That guy was a student lucky sob... If he's not with an instructor thos probably ends badly.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I wish I had the courage to do that.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Unbelievably, What a savior. The person who rescued the guy, is amazing, No panic, just one mission. Pull the rip cord.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Find a local drop zone and go talk to them... Everybody should jump at least once, be it tandem or aff... It's an amazing experience.

If my back hadn't fallen apart I'd still be jumping.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I went skydiving a few times when I was 19. It was an amazing experience. It's so QUIET up there. Unbelievably so. The only sound is the airplane flying away. If you speak out loud, your words disappear. It's like they get muffled or something.

I find this rescue amazing. When I was up there all I could think about was being able to take a breath (it was hard for me to breath in the lite cloud vapor). I can't imagine having the wits to be able to think clearly enough to save someone while falling like that. Awesome!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Find a local drop zone and go talk to them... Everybody should jump at least once, be it tandem or aff... It's an amazing experience.

If my back hadn't fallen apart I'd still be jumping.

I've been thinking about it for years, actually. But I'm far too suicidal & incapable of lying, they'd never let me up.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You never know, do a tandem where you are attached to the instructor, there is no way for you to get free.

After my first jump I've spent the rest of my life chasing that moment. What suicidal thoughts I had before I jumped were lessened after that perfect moment in free fall.

Plus the people that jump are amazing folks to just hang out with.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A lot depends on the type of seizure.

If the guy had a grand seizure then yes, he would have gone splat and would not have even felt the pain on impact.

If the guy had a peti mal (minor) seizure then its still possible for the sub-conscious and motor part of the brain to function properly. So in as little as 10-30 seconds after the start of the black-out he might have actually pulled the cord without even knowing it.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The instructor is a hero IMO .. What courage and professionalism this man has..

I just developed a seizure disorder a few months ago so apparently I need to add skydiving to my list of prohibited activities for the foreseeable future as I just don't trust that I would be lucky enough to have fortune strike like it did for this guy

I don't think you should easily quit thinking that your jumps are over because of this handicap. Maybe if you talk about it at the instructor school , they probably have special instructors who know how to get close to you when it happens.

Or maybe there are special schools just for people with these kind of handicaps ?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I think the best way to die would be to jump from a plane with no parachute. Talk about a thrill.

Then again, you might end up one of those rare (lucky?) ones who actually survive the fall out of an airplane! Then you'd have all those wonderful years of physical rehabilitation!

I'm not knocking ya for having a morbid death fantasy....I've always thought that when I have to go, death by guillotine would be nice! Being a disembodied head for a few moments, before you pass out from blood loss would be one of those amazing once in a lifetime experiences few people ever have! .....And by that I mean literally once in a lifetime!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Saw this today too...amazing! Especially without "911" at a few thousand feet!

MS
EMT/Advanced Life Support

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
lucky guy. the only way i would jump from a plane is if it was either jump, or face certain death.
thrilling though sky-diving undoubtedly is, i have to say it's not for me.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
lucky guy. the only way i would jump from a plane is if it was either jump, or face certain death.
thrilling though sky-diving undoubtedly is, i have to say it's not for me.

I'm a pilot so I would never jump from a perfectly good airplane, but I can tell you that the guy that pulled his cord is a super hero in my books, I would name my next child after him if that happened to me.

top topics

join