It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat is No More

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well well. I use to be a regulär in chat. For a few years, i then got busy and could not visit ATS so much anymore. Today i decided to come back and check up in some old friends from chat. Alas, it is no more. I am a bit dissapointed by this decision. Will pop in again sometime and See if it maybe has come back.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I've used YellBox before on sites, and it is very easy to plug into a website. Have the mods considered that?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've been on a long hiatus from ATS, and was kind of looking forward to going into chat like I used to in the past. I couldn't find a link, which I thought was weird, so I did a search and came across this thread. I understand the reasoning for it's demise, but it is really quite unfortunate still. Just one of those thing's I guess, not much we can do about it.

I do hope it's something that can be resolved in the future though. I was always a big advocate of this feature and would defend it's purpose here more than most, so hopefully something changes soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shugo

Yes, 123flashchat was the vendor.

I would sooner burn my money then do business with them again.

In all of my years dealing with communities online and countless vendors 123flashchat was the most incompetent, unresponsive and inept company I have ever encountered.

I would certainly advise anyone looking to set up a chat on their own site to stay as far away from that company as possible.

As far as chat on ATS goes, I'd never say never, but we're dealing with some other stuff at the moment that takes priority.

We'll keep the membership posted.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

Please do, I look forward to teasing you incessantly in there. And RA. you are both cheeky lads that need pulling in to line!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I do remember - and also miss - you telling us off for stuff in there, those were good days.

Those days must return.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Looks like there's a big opportunity for a start-up....someone who can run an efficient chat with lots of features without breaking the bank.

Takers??? Anyone???? Surely there are some tech entrepreneurs on this site.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

I'm honestly a bit surprised they lasted as long on here as they did. If I recall correctly this wasn't even the first, second, or forth time there's been issues with 123flashchat. I can say that with personal experience as well that they are definitely shy in about every category.

a reply to: CIAGypsy

The problem is coding it into the ATS source code and databases. It's a big project and undertaking to make something that's going to be efficient, and going to provide the tools needed to effectively moderate the room/s.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've had more thoughts on this.

Whilst I didn't go into chat for the last 4 years much I noticed one thing, it kept members on the site, very few new members came in.

What does this mean for ATS? It means having an outlet for more experienced members keeps them on the site.

Yes most of the chatter was relaxed natter, and it some of the drivel was just that, but it did mean that people who had gotten over the initial rush to post when you join you had some where else to talk about topics. There was often discussion on a new thread up and this encourage people with experience to go into threads and post.
I have noticed that older members rarely make new threads and many threads are done by new people which is great but it doesn't afford them the opportunity to learn how to do or get into meaty threads more experienced members can do.

I have noticed more experienced members are on the site less, can I relate this to Chat closing...not sure but the timing is perhaps more than coincidental.

Chat definitely kept long standing members on the site. I never see them post anymore.
edit on 28-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I was so sad to see chat was gone when I finally had time to chat.

I still think about clicking there and hunting Helig down! HELIG!

I loved chat, it was my go to place for lots of fun convos and information especially tech questions. Thank you Helig for always helping me!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I miss chat. I always had chat open in the background and I liked it because people linked to threads and then we had discussions on that thread or other topics. Sure it was also full of non ATS topics and I used it to ask questions of certain members i knew were always there. Having chat opened always kept me on here. If I didn't find something on the forums to read I went to chat to find something.

It was just convenient for me. I also miss the show! I had no idea the ATS Live show was gone too.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

To be honest, It was going to be one of the first thing's I was going to do after being offline for many months. I was looking forward to at the very least just nipping in for 5 minutes not even to chat, but to see who was there, like I used to I guess. Right now, I've got to be honest, I'm struggling to find much to do as well. You can only read so many threads before feeling slightly bored, but ATS Chat always used to keep me entertained and was just a different place to go to as well as browsing the forums.

Hopefully it's something that can be brought back soon, I always thought It was such a great addition to the site.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Chat's gone? Missed that somehow. Is the radio show gone too?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So whats up Skeptic? any updates or new thoughts around another chat service?

I never used the chat feature that was here because I just became a regular in the past couple months, but I often find myself wishing there was one, especially for live events in the news.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I think right now, if the situation is indeed as serious as has been painted on ATS over the last couple of weeks - chat will probably be on the back burner for a period of time. I think making sure that the server clusters are secure and functioning on the up and up, and whatever loans are outstanding paid off should have the front seat.

There are plenty of ways to communicate with members outside of the ATS chat room. Now more than ever.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

The radio show met with..lets just say some staffing issues.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Not gone
The Live crew are still all great mates who miss hanging out every Sat with each other (My sunday mornings when I was in OZ)
We can only do specials this year because 70% of us had new work including night shifts. One member works on New Horizons so visiting Pluto for humanity makes it as Yuppa called it a "staffing issue".
That said our fall special will be happening next month.

So keep an eye out

Thanks Lucidity!
Zazz

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Not gone
The Live crew are still all great mates who miss hanging out every Sat with each other (My sunday mornings when I was in OZ)
We can only do specials this year because 70% of us had new work including night shifts. One member works on New Horizons so visiting Pluto for humanity makes it as Yuppa called it a "staffing issue".
That said our fall special will be happening next month.

So keep an eye out

Thanks Lucidity!
Zazz

Thanks for th emention. I miss hearing your sexy voice. As well as Beartruths voice. Hope one day yall will get back to a regular show,and GASP maybe Green eyed leo will make a return lol!!(yeah right lol)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Can you ring up and chat? I would love to sing you all a song

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

The radio show met with..lets just say some staffing issues.

So all those donations, that people sent in and what did we get?

No chat, no more radio shows, and less of an ATS than we started with.......pardon my cynical demeanor

edit on 9/9/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join