It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Chat is No More

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I will miss the old days of chat about 4-5 years ago.. It was before the Schizophrenia plagued this site... Years ago ats chat was a special place, where intellect transformed and learning occured... the irony here is if we could congregate back in the 40's to make a break thru why could we not do it easier now in 2015, with a easy platform of communication..

Simple answer, to that... Ignorance, ego, and white boy disease...

Sad to see ats chat gone, but it left literally many years ago, and I sure as hell would not bring it back...

The citizens of the world has way to many mental illnesses to get that close to one another on ats...

let that experiment go.. There will never be anything good produced from it, just waste...

ATS had the potential to be something special.... I think the founder of this site, saw that, yet the truth, in numbers of people, is the truth, not everyone can agree, and some people cannot accept the truth...

This site will not change anything , and their is a reason for it, it is the same reason religions exists...

So many different ones...

We are meant to remain lost...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is there any talk of getting another one? There are so many chat servers that are really good!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Now where will I find entertaining temporary conversation and companionship at 6am on a Saturday morning once every 4-6 months? Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eMachine

YES! where Indeed? nowhere's else im afraid. You jest however you will never know what you may have missed will you? I find this sad. Not kidding here.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

I've had to resort to striking up short casual comments about the weather with real world human beings on the street and in the shops. They think I'm weird. I miss chat. At least they KNEW I was weird....and there's nothing like good company you don't get nervous around because we're all sharing the same fruit basket.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES You can natter away with me anytime my dear. Chat or no chat.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Careful Miss Zazz. I might just type your eyes out.
LOL!

Love you dear!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Hi 76,,, I'm a little older. Can you tell me what this means,

"Simple answer, to that... Ignorance, ego, and white boy disease..."

With emphasis on the "white boy disease".

What is "white boy disease" ???

Kindest regards,

Bally.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Honestly why not run a closed IRC server.

I know you have mods who are more than capable of setting this up.

IRC servers are free

sometimes I wonder if decision are made with big hullabaloo to quell the populace, over just not wanting something.

And I never used chat.

ahh wel, just like not mobile app, the decision has been made. and I still cannot, will not use the site on a browser in my phone.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'd never used it, but sad to hear of the loss due to company stupidity (the chat host not ATS)

I DO remember a little special box that used to exist on the right side of the screen ages ago

that was a grand ole time

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I really miss Chat & the Radio shows. I use to listen to
3 shows a week & chat at the same time as we were
discussing the ongoing show...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

You and I both.

Although I never did say much in chat, but it was a nice place to drop in during the shows.
I hope something gets figured out on both ends for the chat and radio.
edit on 28-4-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I really do miss the chat...just saying...it was great for the site!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well Snap....

I take a break from the underworld to say hello to my ATS friends and finally find this thread after spending a good 15 minutes searching for where someone hid the 'chat' button!!!! Urr....

While I understand SO's reasoning behind the axe, this is truly disheartening. I especially loved hanging out in chat during the Live shows. It gave an interactive dimension to those of us who refuse to use Facebook or Skype.

I really hope SO changes his mind for the few loyal fans who regularly enjoyed and used chat to collaborate.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

You should of seen it when we used PhpMyChat.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Any news on Chat coming back ??

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to: SkepticOverlord

We are probably better off without chat anyway.A few members were
banned from ATS because of things they posted on chat.Seems that
some would forget that the T&C rules applied there as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Chat may be an obsolete facet of the internet, but it's always been a part of ATS. I mean, it's not like I'll stop coming here if it doesn't come back, but there's plenty of us that would like to see it's return eventually. Obviously, given the current financial situation, it's not really on the list of important things to do, but I'm sure most of us would like to see it return eventually.
Just keep it in mind, Bill. Whenever we get back to normal, and you not dealing with ATS's financial s***storm.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I miss mutter, that thing was entertaining

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Wasn't it 123FlashChat? I've heard horror stories about them. I haven't really done much looking into with them lately - mainly because, I just got out of the net game for the most part lately. IRC is all well and good, but it's bland - and when trying to enforce policies it's not the best fit either. Dedicated IRC would be best, but most networks don't permit it - with good reason. A lot of negative feedback kicks up off of IRC channels.

A possible idea - and Bill, I don't know what your work load is to open the books on such a thing again would be - is to perhaps look into beefing up or stripping down a version of MyChat, or something similar to classic ATSChat circa '04-'06. I've been out of the practice for a while now - and I don't remember what all was necessary to do the updates to it...but that might be a good option. ATS has quite a bit of power, that should be a viable option?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join