It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cave explorer disappears in nevada desert

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

As a person who has lived in NV and AZ, I'm familiar with this sort of terrain. The type of area he is hiking thru is prime lion country, lion as in mountain lion. They like to hang out in areas like this; with caves, boulders, etc. I wouldn't ever go thru this sort of area without a decent weapon, a 9mm is for me, not comforting...

If you look at 15:56 in the video he shot, he pans to a slot looking cave and zooms. It gave me a shiver because it looked like eyes reflecting back at the camera from inside that cave. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if a lion was in that cave, watching him...

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Has everyone seen this?
His daughter's statement

Given it was early on but she seemed optimistic.
I disagree that he acts differently than he types, he was very polite and nice and his demeanour matched the way he spoke on comments.

I also doubt that was the cave in question in the video. He said the opening resembled a perfect M, but he was convinced it was natural.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elostone
a reply to: randyvs

As a person who has lived in NV and AZ, I'm familiar with this sort of terrain. The type of area he is hiking thru is prime lion country, lion as in mountain lion. They like to hang out in areas like this; with caves, boulders, etc. I wouldn't ever go thru this sort of area without a decent weapon, a 9mm is for me, not comforting...

If you look at 15:56 in the video he shot, he pans to a slot looking cave and zooms. It gave me a shiver because it looked like eyes reflecting back at the camera from inside that cave. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if a lion was in that cave, watching him...

I saw that,but he did mention mountain lions in the video and he thought that the M cave might have had one in it which is why he went back with a gun,he said the vibrating sensation might be his 6th sense or something,i guess we need more facts and background info like did he take his gun with him when he disappeared? how much food did he take etc

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: amurphy245

All of this makes me think of the Wingmakers material and, specifically, the book "The Ancient Arrow Project." See:
www.wingmakers.com...

The book describes a cave in Nevada which I imagine could have caused someone to vibrate.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: amurphy245
a reply to: wastedown

No this isn't found footage ,from what I can gather he uploaded that himself then a month later went back out there.

This reminds me of that German family who abandoned a rental car and disappeared in the desert in 96 and about 6 years later some guy decided he was going up solve the mystery and he did find them,just needs some brains and someone willing to go out looking and he could be found ,it's just a shame we are too late,would be interesting if they do find him and if he has his camera on him but I'm not sure anyone is even looking anymore.

I've read that story before (and many others on the guy's website). Very interesting and he is a great writer!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

I might email that guy and tell him about this ,isnt this the near to where the Germans got lost? If anyone can solve it that guy can.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Elostone

Yeah, I saw that also. And he quickly said," I'm not going up there!".
Says nothing for where the cell was found and I guess the vid was
like a month before he disappeared?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Is this like a newer version of Ted the Caver?

Anyone remember that?

Teds Caving Page

Know Your Meme - Ted the Caver

edit on 3-3-2015 by skitzspiricy because: Added links

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Something about this screams.......BULLCRAP. So this guy finds this M shaped cave that vibrates......OK. But on the return trip he does not bring the proper gear like GPS and climbing kit.......Hmm.

I am willing to bet this is all a lie. Thankfully many people overlook obvious things like not bringing a GPS. And before you say oh look the girlfriend brought that up.......She brought it up to make it look legit.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
how many people go missing in these same circumstances or similar ones? national parks, mountains, caves etc.
not to mention there are weird stories of the mountains and canyons and caves near dreamland. who knows.
maybe he ran into some lizard people

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I do not know what you indicate.

originally posted by: dr1234

"I would imagine that if he found a cave that made his body vibrate it was probably some sort of toxic waste buried in the cave or a natural uranium ore or some other harmful chemical mixture that ate at his senses like an acidic element. I would be wary of anything that "makes your body vibrate" and would walk away from it, not get closer to it."

Someone tell my girlfriend that... zing

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That was an old youtude before he gone missing on another trip. . .

Read this

Then, looks like he also did a search three months ago:

I got back from a ten hour hike yesterday. I completely searched the whole damned canyon. I could not relocate the cave. I found a tarantula, a tortoise and a ram, but I could not find the cave. I don't know if you have ever climbed up and down a mountain for ten hours, but it wore me out. All I got out of it were some nice photos and a big bag full of pinion nuts. This is the perfect time of year to find pinion nuts. Thanks for asking.

So I think that's the one we're watching. Finally two months ago:

I'm going again this weekend. I will be hiking solo for three days. I plan on covering about forty miles. I will cross through the same canyon where I found the cave. If I don't find it again, I will just continue hiking over mountain after mountain to the North of the canyon. I dare any of the people that like to run their mouths on here to join me. My hikes are brutal on the body. After one of my long hikes, some of my toenails turn black and fall off. I lose about thirteen pounds of body weight. It takes me about three days to recover from the abuse I put myself through. But I love every minute of it. There is no guarantee that I will find the cave again. The region that I cover is vast. There are many caves. I have been in hundreds of them. The M cave is the only cave I ever feared going inside. I really want to find it again.

www.reddit.com...

edit on 3-3-2015 by SophiaEveLee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Teds Cave was fiction in my estimation

edit on 3-3-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: skitzspiricy
Is this like a newer version of Ted the Caver?

That was the first thing that came to mind, except that was a fictional story (and well written!) whereas this has actual news reports and such proving it actually happened (the disappearance, not the vibrating cave)

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well, anyone good with google earth and Google image search, we can get an idea of where he was huiking and Map possible hurdles.... Like "Johnny died from dysentery"

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The vibrations made his gun go off, shooting himself in the leg/foot?

Or he bumped into the same creature as the one from that one story thats been told here before, about the two guys exploring a cave on their ATVs which became an underground alien baee as they travelled deep enough into it and found a... 7-12 foot tall reptilian? Except this guy did not have an ATV to hightail it out of there...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Was the guys name "John Carter"?

This seems to ring a bell.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
The vibrating cave thing is from a x files series, too much of a coincidence.

That's what first came to my mind as well when reading about the vibrations, the episode is Rush, season 7 episode 5. But I'm not so sure the vibrations he talks about are anything like in this episode?

Ide like to know where his car was parked or where they found his car. He mentions where his car is a few times in the youtube video in the OP, but I don't recall reading anything about it in any of the reports (maybe I missed it?)

Came across this too.

www.meetup.com...

Seems to be very confident, almost arrogant (as mentioned earlier), maybe, at times about his skill level and experience. Also not so smart, ie... capturing and playing with rattlesnakes. Not something I would think anyone would do especially out on their own in the wilderness with no one around to help if needed.

Something else, he mentions he's fallen 4 stories from a pine tree. In the OP youtube video he pans down into a mine shaft, around 3:30. I'm not so great with depth perception or distances, but that does not seem anywhere near 4 stories down to me, there's 3 ladders, but the 3rd one is overlapping the 2nd ladder. Yet he was saying its a long ways down and if someone fell down it, they'd be a goner. I find that interesting for someone who says they've fallen 4 stories and survived. It might be deadly depending on how someone fell or different scenarios, but it seems to me he's talking strictly distance? Not sure.

Something else I found interesting looking into this (and I'm not sure I can post the links because it would be a direct link to an actual person who's not Kenny himself, not a news article or something of that nature. It is all public however, just not sure how much I can say.) but the person is a member of the Red Rock Search and Rescue, the rescue group that went out looking for him. I'm not sure if they actually knew each other or not though. They have a blog that has an interesting post about a week after he went missing. However, it might just be coincidence though given who the person is.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Someone should suggest to his girlfriend to call a good psychic trained in finding missing persons. Or a dowser. A recent picture, hair or close possession like a gsm would do the trick. Of course, you have to be open minded enough.. and you also must find a good one, not a crook. I cant comment on utube.

To me this is either a fake, its always a possibility, or he stumbled on something he shouldnt have, but his description of the cave especially his feelings while approaching it.. It stimulates my curiosity, id go check just for the hell of it. There is also the possibility of an accident but that would be too much of a coincidence to have an accident in an area your used to go, especially after his discovery of this "strange cave". Also if he was motivated to go back to that place he already went to before, i'd bet he would be much more cautious since he said himself he felt weird things while being close. Now maybe it wasnt such a good idea to go all alone...

Im wondering, wasnt there nuke tests in this area? Deserts were often used but im not really informed since i dont live there.. Did anyone bother to check for radiations with a geiger counter?
edit on 6-3-2015 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

i would have recommended SARDA or at least its US conterparts - on the first day of the search

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join