It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The WORLD’s FASTEST CRASH TEST Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I came across this article yesterday. I know it's a bit old, but it is still amazing, and scary.

The WORLD’s FASTEST CRASH TEST Ever: Watch How Much Is Left From A Family Car When It Crashes Into A Wall At 120 Mph?

Car accidents are a really devastating thing even for watching not to say for experiencing. Today’s cars are safer with more equipment, airbags and sensors. But all this things are helpful only in lower speed car crash, but what happens on high speed?

We bet you know, but you are disgusted even just to think on it. And to be honest it’s not a pleasant feeling at all to think of that.
Someone says that small cars are safer than the big ones, and someone claims the opposite, so who’s right? No one we’ll assure you in just few minutes. When the speed is high there is no place for survival!

Watch what will happen with the first generation Ford Focus on the video. Pulled by 16 Bugatti Veyrons with 15.000 lb-ft of torque directly to the concrete wall with speed of 120 mph. The slowing in the wall was instant from 120mp to 0mph in just 68ms, and yeah, this is serious crash.

Listen what the guys from Fifth Gear have to say.

www.nocarnofun.com...

I am at a loss for words...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
And to think..

We hand out licences to drive these things like the come out of a cracker-jack box.

Makes me shudder just a little bit.

Wouldn't want to come upon that scene, with real occupants.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

As a former medic I am glad I never came across such a crash.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Going to make my 18yr old son watch this, thanks!

He did NOT enjoy the crash videos I made him watch before his permit @ 16yrs.

To bad, I would not enjoy scraping him out of a wreck like that.

These kids need to know what horrors are possible before they get behind the wheel.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I almost died in a car crash at age 7, held off on getting my drivers licence up until the age of 23. Now that I do drive, I never go over the speed limmits

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I got my permit in 1980. I never gave consequences a second thought. I would regularly do the speeds in the video on a certain stretch of road through a Indian Reservation because there were never any cops. Tree lined maybe 6 feet off either side of the road. In a 1973 Impala, an old BOAT of a car that had a 400 in it. Thing would fly.

I look back and think of how ignorant, stupid and selfish I was. By the Grace of God I never killed anyone or myself.

The accident that did me in was in a park where we were finishing off a Keg, it was in 1981. Friend had a 69 Chevelle he had modified to a street legal race car. Had a 396, dual quad carbs, rag top, was a beauty! He backed over me at about 10 mph in a parking lot. I ended up wedged under the engine with the headers cooking my legs. At least I was 'out' at the time.

I guess my point is I have great fear for my son at this age. Thank God he seems to have a better head on his shoulders than I did at that age.

Sorry about rambling. Thanks again for the thread, I just showed it to him.

He says, " you know our Chevy Cruze goes over 120?". God help me, I may have to consider the 'better head' comment.

edit on 3 2 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Been there, done that. You are lucky to have not responded to such carnage. It's stuff like that which makes me wish I had chosen a different path in life. Glad to have it all behind me now.

Humans are quite dangerous when behind such power, even if it is a 150 hp Ford.

Interesting how this coincides quite well with gun usage. It isn't the equipment which is dangerous, it is the user.

I can't wait for the day cars drive us around. A lot of preventable death stats will likely disappear overnight when they do.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

2nd! Though I did have one close... Mother, 3 toddlers and 1 infant, no seatbelts in a single cab Chevy pick up vs 18 wheeler at highway speed in a "T-bone" fashion. She pulled out in front and that was that... It led to the end of my career as a medic... the floorboard opened up and I got to pull what was left of the infant, from what was left of the engine compartment... No fun was had

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I hope you can break through to him, I really do.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

I take off my hat to you.

Here is a link to show my gratitude to you, and wastedown

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My Uncle had a wrecker service and sometimes my cousin and I would go with him to tow cars. While out one day, he got a call to come to an accident scene and we were with him. He told us to stay in the truck, till he went to see how bad it was. He left the truck parked down the road and walked to the scene, which was obscured by trees. My cousin and I got out, sneaked up to take a look and I will never forget that sight. The car had hit a train trestle at over 110 mph. The thing that haunts me is the head that was lying on the road 200 ft away. I also got a look in the car. I wish I hadn't.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion
a reply to: Cygnis

As a former medic I am glad I never came across such a crash.

The mind can handle a lot of things, but even the best minds would have issues with that sort of mess.

I saw the remains of a head on between a crotch rocket vs big rig (18 wheeler). Still can't do shredded beef without thinking about it, and it's been a long time. Still gives me the shivers. It was ruled a suicide, as there was no skid marks from the bike. What a way to go.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I didn't know a Ford Focus could even reach 120 mph...

But good to know you could fit one in a bread box if you had to.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Going to make my 18yr old son watch this, thanks!

When I got my license they showed us slides of accident victims. There were two that I still remember.

One was a picture of an overturned SUV. It looked like some fluid had leaked. Closeup was of a guy that didn't wear his seat belt, ejected part way through the open sunroof and had his head crushed between the road and the roof of the car.

The other one was a motorcyclist that was going to fast, flew off the bike and was cut in half at the waist by a tree.

My understanding is that they don't do traditional high school drivers ed anymore, at least not in my state. I hope they still show these pictures though. This would be a great video to show too. A lot of people seem to think older/larger cars are safer. Not so much. I'd like to see more models destroyed to make a point. It's god to have a little fear and respect for something that can squish you.

I did a lot of stupid things in cars when I was younger, but remembering those images most likely kept me from doing worse.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately, these videos don't always work. I hear all the time the automotive exploits of my classmates. One even got pulled up for speeding, but he still gives his car the occasional leg-stretch. I think that when one of us actually dies in an accident, then they may pull themselves together.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
zomg

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well...

IF that was real, the people in the crash didn't feel a thing

splat...

new topics

top topics

join