It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I chose to delete my facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

I am not a liar just because I use a different name than my real-life one. You're probably doing the same thing right now on this website.

Everybody — or nearly everybody — uses anonymous handles on web forums, but Facebook is not the same; to many, probably most, it's a personal scrapbook — something a forum can never really be.

Do you never post anything on Facebook yourself? No photos, no status updates, no videos or memes, nothing? Just comments on other people's posts? If you make any posts yourself, you're creating a personality on Facebook. If that personality is not your own, how can it be a truthful representation of you?

I shan't edit my earlier post, though its tone was harsh. That was my reaction to the idea that X, a Facebook friend whom I thought I knew and didn't mind sharing information and interacting with, is actually Y, whom I don't know from Adam. How do I know that Y — that's you — does not have hostile intentions towards me?

And as far as keeping a lookout for such people, if you were using your real name on Facebook you would be wise to keep your group of friends to ONLY people you know in real-life and are close to you.

Precisely how Facebook is intended to be used, and should be used.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

Erm... you know that mobile phones cannot produce enough heat to pop corn? This video must be a hoax?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I already told you I don't post any personal information to Facebook. Look at it this way, my personality is who I am. I am not someone who I am not, even on Facebook. I'm using a pen name. But it is still me.

In fact I use a name I prefer more to my own anyway.

I use Facebook to gather Newsfeeds on various things I am interested in, technology, astronomy, certain TV Shows, and musical artists, and some other things. And am also a part of a couple of groups that interest, one is writing, another is video games.

The only things I personally post on a regular basis are, I will add YouTube links to videos I find amusing, or interesting, so any who visit my page can see them, and I will post certain passages from Scripture that I find comforting once in awhile, so if anyone visits they can appreciate them if they want too. But I really don't have that much on it personally.

We disagree on this matter. I understand your point, but I DO like Facebook, and I WILL NOT divulge any personal information on it, besides common interests.

Actually I have been a lot more personal on this website in some of my posts.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join