It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT -Russia ready to repel any nuke strike, retaliate – missile forces command chief

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i really thought the whole threat of a nuclear war thing was over. i'd like to think that the 'leaders' of the world are now smart enough to realize that neither side will ever 'win' such a war.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone
They like to claim that they are on a hair trigger, and they probably are. Scary thing is, their trigger finger might accidently slip. There were quite a few close calls during the cold war. I expect more this time around as well.

LOL, They know we are in no way, even remotely ready to launch a surprise attack. In fact they know it wont happen. What are we going to do? Launch a sub attack at them and completely wipe out the entire continent of Asia? Our subs are, well at least they were the last in line to fire or our bombers would be flying into a nuclear wasteland. They are the knockout punch.

Its Russia who stands the most willing to launch a first strike with their nuclear cruise missiles off their subs. Something they are not supposed to have violating the START treaties. This is why they stationed those Northrop airships with advanced look down radars on the east coast. To give advanced warning that they are coming, giving Obama more time to get off the Golf Course. Thanks to the FSB we only have one now.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hedzred
i really thought the whole threat of a nuclear war thing was over. i'd like to think that the 'leaders' of the world are now smart enough to realize that neither side will ever 'win' such a war.

I thought the same but apparently Putin lately goes out if his way to remind the world Russia can nuke them. I attribute this to their lost glory Russia had a top notch military for decades now they are behind many nations. This inadequacy makes them taught their only remaining advantage nukes.

Sadly this behavior makes his neighbors and we'll most nations cautious as to Russians intentions. Even during the cold war few people thought Russia would launch an attack. Knowing that they would rely on their military first. Now Putin is a lose cannon and many countries are preparing for the first strike scenario. It's no coincidence the US is testing it's sub launched ballistic missiles. This is and always has been a revenge weapon. The Soviets knew they could not stop the sub launches and thousands of warheads will hit Russia even if they managed to destroy everything else. They are reminding Put in of this.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: hedzred

I thought the same but apparently Putin lately goes out if his way to remind the world Russia can nuke them. I attribute this to their lost glory Russia had a top notch military for decades now they are behind many nations. This inadequacy makes them taught their only remaining advantage nukes.

Sadly this behavior makes his neighbors and we'll most nations cautious as to Russians intentions. Even during the cold war few people thought Russia would launch an attack. Knowing that they would rely on their military first. Now Putin is a lose cannon and many countries are preparing for the first strike scenario. It's no coincidence the US is testing it's sub launched ballistic missiles. This is and always has been a revenge weapon. The Soviets knew they could not stop the sub launches and thousands of warheads will hit Russia even if they managed to destroy everything else. They are reminding Put in of this.
Please provide the DATA, what countries is Russia behind in military ways, didn't The U.S. & Israelies upgrade "Georgia's" military back in 08 and after they attacked the Russian PeaceKeepers it took Russia 5 days to wipe them out, today Russia is even MORE better equipped for war, so stop dreaming, and please show me this info you got.

edit on 14-11-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Here is a documentary on some of the latest public Russian military equipment. I doubt that in the event of a war humans would be making any of the decisions, but instead super computers would be in controll of all kinds of weapons. i think it would be something like skynet from the terminator, however all kinds of nation destroying weapons would be deployed to various nations.

Namely the DEAD HAND system would launch doomsday weapons varrious Russian scientists have been working on since before the cold war. End of one story beginning of a new one. .. . .

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSWATCHER

The five-day conflict with Georgia in August 2008 exposed major deficiencies—in command-and-control systems, hardware, weaponry, and intelligence—and confirmed that Russia's mass-mobilization military, where millions of conscripts could marshal to protect the motherland, remained outdated.

The Russian army made up of conscripts is not and will never be adequate fighting force in today's world. Most of the armys military equipment at present is decades old. Russia is or shall I say was trying to reform their military and bring it up to date. However with the Giana coal difficulties a lot of projects had been out on hold. Now army aside their navy again their fleets is decades old and in serious disrepair. The black sea fleet is a mere shadow of of its former power. Their military forces according to Putin would have finnished their modernization in 2025. however with low oil prices and financial difficulties caused by sanctions this will extend that time period I'm sure. And finally air force Russia is having huge problems fielding 6th generation fighters from engines to electronics. Situation is so bad that even India is saying they don't think Russia can deliver what they pro missed and now are finding their own 6 gen fighter. Where are they on par with the west nukes of course and what has Russia been relying on as a threat nukes of course.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The five-day conflict with Georgia in August 2008 exposed major deficiencies—in command-and-control systems, hardware, weaponry, and intelligence—and confirmed that Russia's mass-mobilization military, where millions of conscripts could marshal to protect the motherland, remained outdated.

The Russian army made up of conscripts is not and will never be adequate fighting force in today's world. Most of the armys military equipment at present is decades old. Russia is or shall I say was trying to reform their military and bring it up to date. However with the Giana coal difficulties a lot of projects had been out on hold. Now army aside their navy again their fleets is decades old and in serious disrepair. The black sea fleet is a mere shadow of of its former power. Their military forces according to Putin would have finnished their modernization in 2025. however with low oil prices and financial difficulties caused by sanctions this will extend that time period I'm sure. And finally air force Russia is having huge problems fielding 6th generation fighters from engines to electronics. Situation is so bad that even India is saying they don't think Russia can deliver what they pro missed and now are finding their own 6 gen fighter. Where are they on par with the west nukes of course and what has Russia been relying on as a threat nukes of course.
I told you you couldn't provide ANY evidence but " words" saying Russia is out dated, here let me help you;

1. The 58th Mec Division is how fought the Georgians in the 08/08/08 War, they were ill equiped, while Georgia got a bunch of New Israeli Spider SAMs & U.S. Stuff, and that ill equipped Division beat the crap out of Georgia AND got Georgia military to FLEE back into Georgia.

2. The Spider missiles did NOT shoot down ANY Rus plane, it was the 1980's era Soviet Buk SAMs that did that!!

3. Russia has 1 Million Active Duty Soldiers, all of which have U iforms & Wespons & APCs/ T-72/90 Tanks plenty of RPGs of DIFFERSNT Varieties, so please show me with data what your saying, cuz all your doing is just "Typing the words Russia is illprepared"

P.S. Early this year I believe a U.S. General said "Syria's" Airdefence network was formidable", why would he say that if Russia is weaker than U.S.A. scince Syria gets it's SAMs from Russia? you my friend are out of touch with reality, I wouldn't join the U.S. Military if I were you, cuz WW-3 is about to start and Russia is going to clean U.S.A.'s clock.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSWATCHER

I told you you couldn't provide ANY evidence but " words" saying Russia is out dated, here let me help you;

1. The 58th Mec Division is how fought the Georgians in the 08/08/08 War, they were ill equiped, while Georgia got a bunch of New Israeli Spider SAMs & U.S. Stuff, and that ill equipped Division beat the crap out of Georgia AND got Georgia military to FLEE back into Georgia.

2. The Spider missiles did NOT shoot down ANY Rus plane, it was the 1980's era Soviet Buk SAMs that did that!!

3. Russia has 1 Million Active Duty Soldiers, all of which have U iforms & Wespons & APCs/ T-72/90 Tanks plenty of RPGs of DIFFERSNT Varieties, so please show me with data what your saying, cuz all your doing is just "Typing the words Russia is illprepared"

Oh I didn't realize your a Russian chearleader. Five minute Google search will tell you the problems Russia has with their military. Even cutting production of the armata. Since you mentioned tanks and we all know how well they did on their debut.
www.iar-gwu.org...
www.businessinsider.com...
www.foreignaffairs.com...://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/rus sias-military-is-the-largest-in-the-region-but-it-isnt-the-same-force-as-in-soviet-times/2014/03/10/b3b955b8-a48c-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html
nationalinterest.org...

I can keep going but not to acknowledge the problems with the Russian military is silly. But if you want to continue chear leading the mighty Russian empire please do the rest of the world knows the truth.. Have fun

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

The russians might be concerned with USA and it's dogs actions but I am guessing we are the least of their true concerns in the grand scheme of things they need to be as ready as anyone else for unforeseen threats humanity has yet to encounter.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Raw: Russia test-fires Bulava IBM's from nuclear submarine Nov. 14, 2015

youtu.be...
edit on 14-11-2015 by tweetie because: video didn't work

edit on 14-11-2015 by tweetie because: (no reason given)

No light show with these tests.

edit on 14-11-2015 by tweetie because: added words

edit on 14-11-2015 by tweetie because: correction

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
Raw: Russia test-fires Bulava IBM's from nuclear submarine Nov. 14, 2015

youtu.be...

No light show with these tests.

Heres your video:

edit on 17-11-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Thank you!! I think I understand what the problem was and will know next time.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Thank you!! I think I understand what the problem was and will know next time.

No pproblem anytime!

As to the thread I think the Russians may have some technologies that may be able to counter quite a few things. If they can shut off electrical equipment then they may have some serious advantages in terms of countering a first strike.

Of course this doesnt take into account genetic warfare and nanotech weaponry which would most likely be unleashed upon the world as well... . . . .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

edit on 17-11-2015 by tweetie because: I'll have to try again. My reply turned into a mess. :-)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I deleted my former response because it turned into a mess as I was trying to include some of your quoted response and I couldn't fix it.

I think the Russians will keep the world from falling into WW3 because they have the military deterrents, backing (and sanity) in place to be in that position.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

i like the keyword being used; react.
too bad it's not the actual bully who gets his eye blackened...

should he rise to take away someone's cookie.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSWATCHER

Oh I didn't realize your a Russian chearleader. Five minute Google search will tell you the problems Russia has with their military. Even cutting production of the armata. Since you mentioned tanks and we all know how well they did on their debut.
www.iar-gwu.org...
www.businessinsider.com...
www.foreignaffairs.com...://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/rus sias-military-is-the-largest-in-the-region-but-it-isnt-the-same-force-as-in-soviet-times/2014/03/10/b3b955b8-a48c-11e3-a5fa-55f0c77bf39c_story.html
nationalinterest.org...

I can keep going but not to acknowledge the problems with the Russian military is silly. But if you want to continue chear leading the mighty Russian empire please do the rest of the world knows the truth.. Have fun
Yes I OFFICALLY CHALLENGE YOU WITH THIS "GOING ON AND ON"

#1. Read what I'm about to post VVEERRRYY carefully, You didn't show ANY articles with Russian Generalls saying, (" Our military lacks this and that, our soldiers are conscripts & conscript Armies don't work, our SAM's and Radars never have & still today 2015 can't track anything"), you also didn't show any "U.S. Sources" with facts about what I just posted, all you posted was what I accused you in my other posts,
of just saying and or posting links to news reporters who are giving you "thier opinion" go back and reread EVERY word those reports said, notice it's NOT Russian/American Generals with Facts, so yes I'll take you up on this challenge.

#2. There is no eveidence "Conscripts Soldiers" in the Russian Army don't work, that is nothing but propaganda, show me proof.

3. You have to show me that Russian Soldiers can't run/jump shoot straight, and want to just give up when they see NATO Armies, you do relise thats what those articles imply when they say that about Russia.

4. The last link didn't work so I don't know what it says, anyways I lived during the Cold war, everything those articles say about how weak Russia is, is what they have been saying scince the 60's, after O.D.S. ( Operation Desert Storm) is when the U.S. Gov/ Military "convinced" the American people threw "C.N.N. & The History Channel", that Russia was weaker than U.S.A. what they implied & said was that, " Iraq had the best Soviet stuff and we beat them in less than a month, there for Russia is no match for us." and the American people not knowing they were ommitting "MANY" pieces of info truly believe/d them, till this day "2015", I' ll be back hopfully tomarrow with my links.

edit on 17-11-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

So you think Russian generals would admit to problems with Russian forces your very funny. If they don't think conscripts are a problem why are they wanting a volunteer force? how can you train someone who's only their a year. Why do human rights watch talk about mass arrests for people unwilling to join? Who is their to pass along what they learned to other soldier? Why is their complaints in the Russian military by troops on how they are treated. Where is the supplies they need? I posted articles showing you what you asked for and you lifted the goal post and moved it. Hope you didn't hurt your back.

Tell you what feel free to show any of the articles wrong and we can discuss. But to dismiss it because you don't like it means nothing.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

So you think Russian generals would admit to problems with Russian forces your very funny. If they don't think conscripts are a problem why are they wanting a volunteer force? how can you train someone who's only their a year. Why do human rights watch talk about mass arrests for people unwilling to join? Who is their to pass along what they learned to other soldier? Why is their complaints in the Russian military by troops on how they are treated. Where is the supplies they need? I posted articles showing you what you asked for and you lifted the goal post and moved it. Hope you didn't hurt your back.

Tell you what feel free to show any of the articles wrong and we can discuss. But to dismiss it because you don't like it means nothing.

What ever Challenges Russia have reforming their military is really irelevant when the US say they would stil lose a fight against Russia in europe, do to the fact that US/NATO also have their Challenges. This probably means that NATO have greater problems on their side.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

They want Volunteer Troops now for Political reasons, from the Coldwar time till now it's conscripts, and there is no eveidence Conscripts don't shoot & hit thier targets or jump over obsticles properly, what I just posted IS what would show conscripts work or don't, there were probably some beatings yes, it's called military disipline & theres nothing wrong with it, but the articles "EXAGGERATE" and want you to use your immagination and think that the soldiers are little children getting beat and they just want to go home, this is NOT true, these lies in the media even had some Russian mothers believing it was happening in ALL the units and they had a protest it was nothing but exxaggerations, so how does that proove they can't fight?

#1. In 2000 The RUAF flew over a U.S. Carrier and jammed it's signals, the USN could not get even 1 plane up before they Rusian's faxed the U.S. Admiral thier messaage, they could have sunk that ship with ease.
If Russia was weaker than USA they couldn't accomplish that. ( I'll post the link latter)

#2. 14 years latter in April of 2014 A "Su-24M" flew over the USS Donald Duck ( opps I ment "Cook") 12 TIMES and JAMMED the NEWER "AGEIS" SAM System the USN has, they easily could have sunk that ship, if Russia is weaker than USA they could not accomplish this. ( I'll post a link latter)
edit on 18-11-2015 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join