It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No new Nephilim to come

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Some people believe there are references to Nephiliym after the flood but I do not. There are references to giants after the flood but I believe these giants are the strain of antediluvian called Rephaim. Rephaim are Adamic DNA whereas Nephiliym are corrupted DNA. The pre flood (antediluvian) people were giants by our standards today before the angels came into the picture. I believe Noah to have been several hundred feet tall himself. I can't prove this by biblical literature but with other outside literature I do believe it.

I did go looking for reference to Goliath as a Nephilim, which translates into "Giants" but I seem to keep going around in circles with it. It's possible it is lost in translation and I have no base knowledge of Hebrew, let alone the ancient form.

I always consider searching the earliest documents to be definitive so I may have to ask a Jewish Theologian about it I guess?

---

very interesting none the less... good thread!

Numbers 13:31>
But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

edit on 3-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Some bibles say Nephilim, some say Giants

Here is a good site for a breakdown of the Giants

Giants in the Old Testament

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I believe Noah to have been several hundred feet tall himself. I can't prove this by biblical literature but with other outside literature I do believe it.

In fact scripture speaks against what you propose. As clear
measurements for building the arc are given by God. And I'm
sure the size of the arc would not accommodate a man of that
stature. Perhaps less exaggerated, it would be entirely
possible. Let's keep em under 20ft at least for the sake of the arc?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

I did go looking for reference to Goliath as a Nephilim, which translates into "Giants" but I seem to keep going around in circles with it. It's possible it is lost in translation and I have no base knowledge of Hebrew, let alone the ancient form. I always consider searching the earliest documents to be definitive so I may have to ask a Jewish Theologian about it I guess?

You do have a good point to consider but then what do we do with Enoch's rendition in Eth Cepher? The reason I named Eth Cepher is that there are several translations of Enoch but Eth Cepher is the only one of the three, that I have, which says that the angels bred with women and eventually produced a race of Giants. This was not a quick occurrence but was over centuries of breeding. These giants then continued to breed into Nephiliym and the Nephiliym continued to breed into another race called Elioud. Here we end up with three distinct races which Giants were only one of the three.

Then Jubilees tells us the same story but adds that all three races eventually started to kill each other as well as eating people and drinking their blood. Now according to Genesis all of these three races died in the flood. The point I make is that the word giants can be used in all three races from the angels and then after the flood can also be used to describe big people from Noah's DNA. Let us know what you find.
God Bless

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

In fact scripture speaks against what you propose. As clear measurements for building the arc are given by God. And I'm sure the size of the arc would not accommodate a man of that stature. Perhaps less exaggerated, it would be entirely possible. Let's keep em under 20ft at least for the sake of the arc?

Yes, I was also puzzled at that till I understood what a cubit was. A cubit is a means of measuring and not a measurement. One day I was discussing the biblical Og with a Jewish author and disagreed with his rendition that Og was a antediluvian. He insisted and still insists that Og survived the flood of Noah. How? By sitting atop of the boat as legend tells him. Naturally I thought I had my friend on that one and said to him "Ah Ha how could that big giant sit on a little boat for a year?" His reply was that it was not a little boat as I assumed but was of the cubit of Noah. "So", I replied, and he then told me that Noah was a giant himself.

Deu_3:11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.

Legend tells them that Og's bedstead is shown to them as his crib and in their measurement of their day. Why would the author specifically say "after the cubit of a man?" That was when I started to question the size of antediluvian people. Through reading more and more of antediluvian people I am convinced that we today are midgets compared to Adam and sons. Most bibles simply assume that the cubit of Noah was the cubit of David but is now being questioned.

We are still arguing over that one as well as the length of an antediluvian year. I'm still reading and searching but you may be right.
God Bless

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I feel as tho I've just been schooled. It makes perfect sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join