It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The laryngeal nerve of a Giraffe. (autopsy)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
When really I think the answer wlil lie somewhere in-between what you're insinuating and what you're arguing against.

Argument to moderation fallacy:

Argument to moderation (Latin: argumentum ad temperantiam; also known as [argument from] middle ground, false compromise, gray fallacy and the golden mean fallacy)[1] is an informal fallacy which asserts that the truth can be found as a compromise between two opposite positions. This fallacy's opposite is the false dilemma.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no middle ground. Life evolved through natural processes, whether you find this philosophically pleasing or not.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

The lyrangal nerve basically loops down around the heart. It makes sense in fish sincethe heart and the lyranx are right next to each other. However as animals evolved necks and in the example of a giraffe the nerve stayed looped around the heart area and grew and grew in length. The distance from a fishes brain to it's laranx is what a few inches. That same nerve grew to several feet long in the giraffe. Proving evolution is real basically.

Whoops looks like I'm late to this party. Sorry for the redundant post.
edit on 4-3-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: lambs to lions
It was explained to them in a childlike manner. Trying to fit the happenings of our creator into a human understanding of physics is the problem. We are in our infancy of understanding these things. It is so arrogant that we think we are so damn smart.

It's also quite arrogant to think that we are special and were hand designed in the image of a perfect being and to disregard the physical evidence that suggests otherwise.

On the other side of the coin, it's also arrogant of you barcs to think we're not.
edit on 5-3-2015 by edmc^2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

It was explained to them in a childlike manner. Trying to fit the happenings of our creator into a human understanding of physics is the problem. We are in our infancy of understanding these things. It is so arrogant that we think we are so damn smart.

It's also quite arrogant to think that we are special and were hand designed in the image of a perfect being and to disregard the physical evidence that suggests otherwise.

On the other side of the coin, it's also arrogant of you barcs to think we're not.

Confused!

Arrogance is having a sense of self superiority. How is thinking your not special, arrogant?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: idmonster

I personally thought edmc^2's "I know you are but what am I!" argument was compelling. So compelling, in fact, I instantly accepted The Lord Jesus Christ as my saviour and am about to head off to join a fundamentalist commune to live out my days doing the Lord's work.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster

Confused!

Arrogance is having a sense of self superiority. How is thinking your not special, arrogant?

Because it assumes that his evidence is the final arbiter of reality.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Wait a second... which side of the argument are you on?... Out of science and religion, religion is the only world view that "assumes that h̶i̶s̶ its evidence is the final arbiter of reality". Which is exactly why I find pretty much all religious people to have a deep seated arrogance.

Assuming a "final answer" to anything is categorically exactly what "science" does not do. Science accepts that with more knowledge and information comes deeper understanding, and a willingness to re-interpret data.

Religion is the arrogant world view that says "All answers end with God"... when no-one actually knows.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

If I thought that way, you MIGHT have a point, but I'm agnostic, which means I admit that I and the rest of the human population do not know the answer for sure. There's no arrogance involved in that view at all and even atheism isn't arrogant as they don't think they are more special than anybody else or hand crafted by an all powerful being putting them on a level above nature.

I support science. I don't care about other folks beliefs, but they are a big motivator for the libel that is constantly posted against evolution. This is the prime reason why the creationist crowd attacks evolution and other science based on ignorance of how it actually works. Everybody wants to feel special, and ego is a big part of that. Many folks just cannot bear the possibility that their worldview is wrong and human life is on an equal level with all life on the planet and we are part of the earth rather than the earth being designed specifically for us.

Just look at the 2 viewpoints and it's obvious which one is more about ego. It's essentially a pipe dream and any view that puts humans above other life on this planet is detrimental and leads to tons of inhumane acts being done on animals all across the world. It's disgusting and the bible is pretty much the main reason for that view.
edit on 6-3-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
When really I think the answer wlil lie somewhere in-between what you're insinuating and what you're arguing against.

Argument to moderation fallacy:

Argument to moderation (Latin: argumentum ad temperantiam; also known as [argument from] middle ground, false compromise, gray fallacy and the golden mean fallacy)[1] is an informal fallacy which asserts that the truth can be found as a compromise between two opposite positions. This fallacy's opposite is the false dilemma.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no middle ground. Life evolved through natural processes, whether you find this philosophically pleasing or not.

Thank you master of all knowledge. And you too, Wikipedia.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Just look at the 2 viewpoints and it's obvious which one is more about ego. It's essentially a pipe dream and any view that puts humans above other life on this planet is detrimental and leads to tons of inhumane acts being done on animals all across the world. It's disgusting and the bible is pretty much the main reason for that view.

As opposed to some who view humans as animals and treat them as such
there are plenty of people who dont accept there being a God and treat others with total contempt.

Your arguments it blinded by self superioirty

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

The point is we are animals, our **** stinks just like all the other animal's **** stinks.

there are plenty of people who dont accept there being a God and treat others with total contempt.

There are a great many people that claim to believe a god exists who also treat people with contempt.

Or did you think all theists were nice people by default?

Do you believe you have a personal relationship with the master of the universe?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: borntowatch

The point is we are animals, our **** stinks just like all the other animal's **** stinks.

There are a great many people that claim to believe a god exists who also treat people with contempt.

Or did you think all theists were nice people by default?

Do you believe you have a personal relationship with the master of the universe?

I dont believe we are all animals, I dont eat other people for a start
I believe that people are more important that animals

As for my superiority, I am a sinner who has turned to Christ not because I am special, I have turned to God because I am unspecial, because I am inferior

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join