It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else find ufology incredibly boring nowadays?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Seems we had the same influences. Bigfoot has yet to be explained. Nimoy had the best voice for that show.

The explanation for all those Bigfoot sightings is that Bigfoot is real... and Leonard Nimoy was awesome.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Seems we had the same influences. Bigfoot has yet to be explained. Nimoy had the best voice for that show.

The explanation for all those Bigfoot sightings is that Bigfoot is real... and Leonard Nimoy was awesome.

What's the explanation for all those fairy sightings?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

You're being politically incorrect.
edit on 9-3-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Not as much focus on it.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

You're being politically incorrect.

Oh darn.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Funny you mention that I have been thinking that for awhile. Remember when Roswell was "new". I have always thought that ET or EBE'S are maybe 100,000's years ahead of us. They would at some point in their distant past have been like us. The ET'S had their own Wright brothers , Kelly Johnson probably an area51. So buzzing our planet it could be like a working museum. Maybe all the really big UFO'S are like galactic cruise ships. With their captain exclaiming. If you look to the left you will see the humans primitive civilzation and on the right ....... maybe we have been outed in the tour.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

Or maybe, just maybe, most of the UFO sightings from the 40's onwards were not ET at all, and never were. Maybe the technology used is to the point where it's not so visible like it used to be (glowing orbs, saucers etc) hence less reports. People really should check out the aviation forums here more often.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

epic comment!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
Hello, i find ufology so boring that i do not even bother clicking video links to sightings now because i know it will be some point of light with no reference in the sky or an orb.

The only things about ufos these days are lights over lake eerie, or 70s/80s cases rehashed.

Now i know you can link me to a lot of interesting nostalgic cases, but the point is nowadays, especially in the last 5 years or so, ufology is dead, absolutly nothing happens anymore, no big sightings, not even big sightings which turn out to be hoaxes - it seems the hoaxers too are bored of it.

I genuinely believe alien life exists, and i do believe possibly we were created by ets, but is it any relevance to our lives now? not really as if they , if that is a good word, wanted to destroy us, they would have done it by now.

I would rather watch paint dry than follow ufology, nothing but boring speeches and third hand witness accounts from decades ago, or boring youtube videos.

Ufology is a dying horse, just put it out of its misery already?

I hope this doesnt sound silly, but it really is a case of wake me up when they land on the whitehouse lawn, and i dont say that out of sarcasm because i dont believe, its more a case of, unless anything is actually happening, i just do not care anymore.

The ET hypothesis is incredibly boring, I agree: 70 years of research and not an iota of testable evidence proving that extraterrestrials exist, have visited earth and abducted people. However, there are very interesting and exciting hypotheses that don't involve the cult of ET.

I disagree that Ufology is a dying horse. It's a transforming horse. The literalist ETH faction of it is becoming a religion and the non-literal faction is going in entirely different directions.

There Is evidence, just not much of it. Google LA Marzulli and implant.

LA Marzulli encountered abuctees that have had ET implants in their bodies.... strange stuff.

link
edit on 20/3/2015 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
As soon as the nukes get uncorked, you'll start to see them interfering again.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

A direct response to the original OP:
Forget the scientific aspect of proving UFOs or not. We are beyond that concern. If you have any depth of thought, you can see across the field of ATS forums with any bearing on the human condition that there is an exciting new approach to how we view ourselves and our world. All brought to you by the established mythology of the UFO concept that rest in the back of modern minds. Yet this persistent, not quite recognized force, has shown us how to look beyond this circular "box" on our shoulders and this round one we live on.

The mystery and promise of the UFOs have allowed an outside perspective that formerly was given only to the domain of the gods. Our controllers and their sciences are smart enough not to publicly announce the obvious truth that they know full well by now. Instead, they go through the motions of creating a gradual pathway to that truth so there can be no doubts once the day of reckoning comes for them and us. Long live the UFOs!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: kayleighkitty

A direct response to the original OP:
Forget the scientific aspect of proving UFOs or not. We are beyond that concern.

It's an impasse you have yet to overcome, empty declarations to the contrary aside.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What I find "boring" about UFO nowadays is that there is such an egregiously large number of fake images/videos floating around, and yet a huge chunk of the population is naive enough to believe them. The majority of spoofed videos/pictures are clearly and obviously faked, and yet a disturbing number of them still generate discussion. I find it incredibly discouraging to come into a topic with an alluring thread title, only to see someone hyping up a video that can easily be dismissed as fake after one viewing.

For example, let's consider the following paranormal videos:
- "Angel in the mall" - www.youtube.com... (looks like CGI out of a Sci-Fi Channel movie, i.e. second-rate)
- "Dome of the Rock Isreal UFO" - www.youtube.com... (very intriguing... until it teleports away, at which point its laughably-bad CGI)
- "Picture of O'Hare Airport UFO" - image (look at how pixelated everything is in the picture except for the UFO. Yes, they tweaked the opacity to make it look foggy/off in the distance, but the clarity of the ship compared to everything else sticks out like a sore thumb -- CLEARLY a fake)

Now, I've been using computers for the vast majority of my life, and I'm always been heavily involved with technology. Perhaps my built-in BS detection system is better than most and I'm not being empathetic enough (not trying to sound pretentious). It's hard to keep up with serious paranormal discussions anymore -- it's a lot like "the boy who cried wolf".

It's not even the fact that people make fake videos/images that bothers me. What frustrates me is how often people take the bait and take it seriously.
edit on 27-3-2015 by fullthrottle because: fixed image link

edit on 27-3-2015 by fullthrottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR I actually like the night vision ufo vids on youtube, some really interesting vids.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
yes me 2

couple of years ago i was in ufology every day, i have seen 2 ufos in my life. a saucer and a type of star trek plane with 2 gaint turbines where darkblue light came out.

nowdays its really hard to find a good ufo documentary or conspiracy theorie.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It's probably the evolution of it. I mean, for 40 years we've seen men grow old living on "a secret" or what not. I think by now my generation and those younger probably looked and that and thought, do I want to grow into that poor old man with that burden? Nah, easier just to walk away from it. I'm not growing 100 wrinkles just because I have an interest in UFO's and am at a constant battle with the wider world about the subject. And TBH younger generations would be wise not to invest so much time in it. And let's also look at where people with any decent stories go, into media documentaries, to expos that cost 1000 dollars to attend -- what class of people has UFOlogy created?? Not one that many of us can or care to relate to nowadays, by the feel of things!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I miss the youtube videos that are so obviously fake ...or at least i hope so. Like the one a family member comes in and says a ufo has landed and the whole family goes outside and off in the distance down a hill there is a bright light with some figures getting out of the light. Then someone yells there coming then they go tothere house and get riflles. The front door opens and little kids come in dressed as aliens. Then there is the FBI logo or something and they say these people are missing and if you know their names contact the FBI.or the UFO drone pictures from 2005.
edit on 31-3-2015 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Definitely not alone in your opinion, I've been interested in this field for most of my life and I am close to completely bored with it all. There is no doubt in my mind that the phenomenon is real and has been very closely guarded. The world Govts have done a terrific job of keeping this secret. I find it frustrating more than anything because I can imagine a world far removed from the one we are living in today if the technology and knowledge was used to help mankind and the planet.

I am sick of getting my hopes up, waiting for whistlers or the deathbed brigade to spill the beans yet nothing concrete ever comes forth. I have little faith in the 'smoking gun autopsy' photos due to be announced next month, just another old photo that may or may not be real but could be photoshopped. Documentaries on the subject I am bored with as I know the script, the usual Jesse Marcell and Roswell bullcrap over and over with little to no conclusion.

It just feels like the whole world has pretty much stood still over the last 30 yrs, nothing much has changed in my opinion apart from refinements to existing technology. We have the same issues we had in the 70's but worse. Space exploration bores me to tears because at the back of my mind I keep thinking of the billions of dollars going into this smokescreen when behind the scenes they have craft that make those useless fireworks look prehistoric. For now the subject is not so much about whether aliens exist but how the truth will change the world we live in that interests me more.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join