It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Israeli Insult

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tadlem43

Sorry. But I wish you would reply. Your buddy just got shredded, so he might need your help.

You have said zero substantiated fact. Just conjecture and reiterations of other neocons.

I'll wait.

AAC.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

Hence the vertues of Israeli fence for ex ...

Israel is tearing Jewish communities apart

Diaspora Jews want to have it both ways: keep our ties with Israel without being held accountable for its policies.
When it comes to Israel, Diaspora Jews have to tread a difficult path. On the one hand, we are largely expected to support the world’s only Jewish state. Having our own state is something to be proud of, and it provides our people with an important voice in international affairs. On the other hand, Diaspora Jews find themselves wanting to speak up when Israel acts in ways they find morally questionable.

It used to be that Diaspora Jews were expected to support Israel. There were the occasional critical voices that emphasized the cultural and ethical values of living in the Diaspora as opposed to having control over the apparatuses of violence and oppression that comes with nation-statehood, and there have always been Jewish critics of Zionism. Yet, in the last 20 to 30 years, something more dramatic has taken place that has built on a combination of historical debate and more recent Israeli policy.

Israel's security policies have made it increasingly harder for Diaspora communities to have a unified voice about the Jewish State, and my research has shown that the range of views is becoming increasingly antagonistic. It is not uncommon to find Jewish communities where the congregants are apprehensive about publicly debating Israel, or where rabbis are concerned about making critical statements about Israel’s human rights record or its military tactics.

Since the establishment of the Jewish State, Israel has become an important part of Diaspora Jewish identity. Historically, the American Jewish establishment came to view being a Zionist as being a good Jew, and in the Diaspora long-distance Zionism became an important marker of Jewish identity. Unfortunately, this association came with serious consequences that few foresaw. The more Diaspora Jews came to identify with Israel, the easier it was to associate whatever Israel does with Jewish responsibility for those actions, regardless of whether or not individual Diaspora Jews supported Israeli policy.

Moreover, although it is in some ways ridiculous to hold Jews accountable for what Israel does, the argument that ties Jewish identity to Zionism means that even if Diaspora Jews are not responsible, we can be expected to hold a degree of accountability for what is done by the world’s only Jewish State. Diaspora Jews want to have it both ways. We want to keep our ties with Israel and to celebrate its achievements without being held accountable for Israeli policies. Supporting Israel has come to demand that we either uncritically support the difficult security decisions the Israeli government makes or distance ourselves from these decisions. In order to celebrate Israel, too many Jews feel they must choose to ignore Israel’s moral crimes or justify them in the name of security.

The consequences of these two forces – one tying Diaspora Jewish identity with Israel and the second being our moral commitments – has meant that when we debate Israel, we are not only debating the policy choices of the Israeli government; we are debating what it means to be a Diaspora Jew.

There are two opposing positions that, generally speaking, frame the relationship between Diaspora Jewish identity and Israel. The first is that to be a good Jew is to support Israel, and that to question or challenge Israeli policy too much is to betray the Jewish people. The second is that to criticize Israel’s unjust policies is to be true to Jewish values, and those that hide behind Zionist justifications that whatever Israel does is necessary for Jewish survival are betraying the Jewish tradition. The choice has become framed as being between peace or security, and never shall the two meet.

The arguments we pursue about Israel with one another and with our non-Jewish friends can all too easily become a self-defining commentary about the type of Jew we are. Israel is no longer a unifying force, if it ever was one, in Jewish communities, but can all too often become a divisive one.

Having an opinion about Israel has turned into an existential choice. Whereas for the pioneering Zionists this existential choice was one of survival, for today’s Diaspora Jews, the choice is one of meaning: it is about what it means to be a Jew in the age of Israel.

In the 20th Century, the question of Zionism was ultimately about divisions between the Jewish and non-Jewish worlds. In the 21st Century, it is about divisions within the Jewish world. The positions that we take about Israeli policy can be polarizing, and discussions about what it means to support Israel can even become vindictive. These divisions are weakening Jewish communities and may even risk tearing them apart.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne
If that's true, then this will be the second time I have said, that I agree with Obama. Wow, what a strange world lately.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Sremmos80

No Sharia Law in the U.K.? Eh? I guess this is 'bogus'?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Daily mail is a scare piece worse than fox news.

No one here takes that paper serously.

Look sharia law is not in the UK.

You know what if we are makeing bull# claims about countrys Il make one up.
The USA is being run by the policys of mein kampf. As i dont live there i cant prove its not true so it must be true! Derp derp derp!

edit on 3-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Odhinn

I do love that clip

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My, how is so much hate generated against a man doing his job? reminds me of Churchill and 1939, but Netanyahu wont be able to say "told you so" when Israel is a field of green glass.
As an aside, Jews have allways lived in that area, ever since king Solomon, long before 'Arabs' were invented, Israel had Egyptians to the south, and Hittites to the north, Hittites morphed into Turks, but Egyptians staid that, Egyptians.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

As an aside, Jews have allways lived in that area, ever since king Solomon, long before 'Arabs' were invented, Israel had Egyptians to the south, and Hittites to the north, Hittites morphed into Turks, but Egyptians staid that, Egyptians.

And the Romans came and chased them all out.

They lost, life sucks. That was life in Ancient times. Nobody is crying over the Celts. pics and Britons that lost there land.

If we we could all claim past lands the world would be chaos.

For one thing the USA and Canada would have to disband.

I mean Native Americans lived in North America long before "Americans" and Canadians were "invented".

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

My, how is so much hate generated against a man doing his job? reminds me of Churchill and 1939, but Netanyahu wont be able to say "told you so" when Israel is a field of green glass.

Oh well if we're going to delve into history how far back do we go?
Can we get all the way back to our origins in Africa and maybe see if we can come up with some kind of pissing contest to see who's dad had the biggest wang?

This never works out well, each piece of land has transferred between people a thousand or more times throughout Human history, no one gets to pick and choose which windows of time we want to selectively resurrect.

The fundamental truth is that no group of people actually owns any land. We inhabit this world equally, and the sooner the ignorant cultists, factions, tribes and so on get this through their pig-headed skulls the better off we'll all be.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Of you think that anyone is ever going to Nuke Israel you are deluded. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will address U.S. lawmakers at 11 a.m. Eastern on Tuesday, speaking before a joint meeting of Congress in a controversial address just two weeks before his country’s elections. [Source]

And then he can go home and take all the attendees with him.

Anyone know if this is going to be televised?

Obama says timing of Netanyahu's speech on Iran is a mistake

Full text of PM Netanyahu's speech to AIPAC

Videos at both last two links.

Net of it is Obama says we share a goal with Israel. To make sure Iran does not get a weapon.

One leader wants a peaceful solution and the other does not.

If this isn't a no-brainer I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: DOADOA
When it comes to nuclear anything the interest of the world should be considered. We may look back 5 years from now and wish we had listened to Netenyahu. Just to be fair.

Actually Benny has been crying they are getting the bomb for a couple of decades now and guess what still no bomb. And if we want to be fair then we would place sanctions on Israel until their illegal nukes are cleared out that would lessen the chance of a nuclear war in the ME.

And Benny has been the only one to actually do anything about their capabilities... Remember those Scientist that went poof and that production facility that went poof.

Granted, the US did set their program back quite a bit with the Stuxnet virus.

Honestly, if you do not think things have happened to prevent Iran's ability to produce weapons grade uranium, then you are surely living under a rock!

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yeah - thanks for that preview -

as far as I'm concerned, since he was allowed to come here to begin with (what happened to those 'no-fly' lists, anyway? He'd be toward the top if the lists are in Alpha order) Bibi should be allowed to speak his piece, and then arrested by whoever it is that arrests war criminals - and on their way to the airport, they should pick up W and Cheney and Rumsfeld, stick them ALL in solitary for a few years, then put them in shackles and blindfold them, and load them onto a plane to be air-dropped somewhere near (but not close to) a remote island, without a raft - but they can have parachutes if it is deemed a "fighting chance".

They are ALL war criminals.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Blair and Rice and Powell and all their little lying little neo-con puppets too, who are all currently busy wiping the rabid foam from their faces, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

True that.

I just read his 'speech' to the lobby yesterday. What a load of patronizing crap.
The guy is a thug.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When Iran gets nukes in the future and the nucelar arms race breaks out in the middle east,we are done for as a world with these loons with nukes.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The only ones this benefits are the GOP for their childish games and Netanyahu for his election. It is not about anything else. The terrorists are on all sides in this game.And the people who fall for their games and cave in out of fear and think this about religion...well...I'll just stop there.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: DOADOA
When it comes to nuclear anything the interest of the world should be considered. We may look back 5 years from now and wish we had listened to Netenyahu. Just to be fair.

Actually Benny has been crying they are getting the bomb for a couple of decades now and guess what still no bomb. And if we want to be fair then we would place sanctions on Israel until their illegal nukes are cleared out that would lessen the chance of a nuclear war in the ME.
Because of Netenyahu Iran still has no nukes.He is why they cannnot make a nuke.Called being a leader for Israel and warning them about Iran causing a nuclear bomb arms race.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool
Israel has nukes. I'd bet a year's pay that Saudi Arabia does too. And let's not even talk about Pakistan. There's a funny thing about balance of power...why do you think Israel keeps dragging us into this?

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Netanyahu to American Jews: Get Lost
from the Hill: The clear conclusion is that despite Republican efforts to target Jewish voters and to paint the president as somehow anti-Israel, the Jewish vote is not up for grabs. In fact, there has been a remarkable consistency in the Jewish vote for Congress over the past three elections as measured by GBA surveys, including 66 percent for Democrats in 2010, 69 percent in 2012, and 69 percent in 2014.

This speech might help Netanyahu in the Israeli elections; it could also backfire if Israeli voters decide to punish him for further weakening Israel's special relationship with Washington. But Netanyahu's scheming with Boehner against Obama could also end up alienating many American Jews from the Israeli government. By enlisting with Boehner, Netanyahu is conveying a brazen sign of disrespect for a community he and his country depend upon. What chutzpah.

Chutzpah indeed.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join