It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The science of detachment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

If the monkey doesnt let go of the tree he is stuck to it. If the bird doesnt fly out of the nest he dies in it. The snake that keeps its skins looses its ability to stretch. Hands with gloves cant feel or heal. Hold on to your breath and your life will end. All of these things show us that life depends on letting go and if you do not, you will end up in the ultimate letting go. Slow death or connecting and letting go only you will know which train you chose.
edit on 1-3-2015 by ancientthunder because: missing T

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

So a hand in marriage is out the question

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger
Depends on your idea of marriage! and also worth taking in to account your partners idea also. Thing is these ideas change! Better to start in the right place at least.

edit on 1-3-2015 by ancientthunder because: misspell

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Hands with gloves cant feel or heal

www.healinggloves.com...

Only $89.95 US just sayin'

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
They look attractive and worth a try, but how long can you wear them for?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

As long as you like.

After reading testimonies it seems the pain is very likely to return once they take the product off so perhaps its best to leave on until the earth is recycled.

"I just have to let you know what a difference your socks made. One evening I was a bit exuberant in doing some stretching and woke up the next morning with severe pains in the front of my ankles and down my shins. I could hardly walk down the stairs to get my new socks. I put them on and within about 20 - 30 min. was able to get around the house. The severe pain was reduced to a bearable ache and I was able to get through the day. I took them off in the evening and almost immediately the pain in the front of my ankles increased again. I can't tell you how your socks helped me. My only thing now is to have you guys make a longer sock that will cover my shins... up to the knee maybe like knee socks.
Thanks again for a great product."
S. Neuman

edit on 1-3-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder

If the monkey doesn't let go of the tree he is stuck to it.
If the bird doesn't fly out of the nest he dies in it.
The snake that keeps its skins loses its ability to stretch.
Hands with gloves can't feel or heal.
Hold on to your breath and your life will end.............

If an adult doesn't let go of his/her past, they are ruled by it.....

Keep adding to the list people, it's a good topic.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Depends on your idea of marriage! and also worth taking in to account your partners idea also. Thing is these ideas change! Better to start in the right place at least.

Your Partner falling sick cant be prescripted and neither can you let go when they are taking you with them

( Just playing devil to your Sage - tell me to fek off : )

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Life is about both attachment and detachment. The monkey who does not hold onto a tree has no home, the bird who does not return to the nest gives its babies no chance for life, the snake that isn't attached to skin has no protection, a hand with no glove can be cut and bruised, and the person who does not breathe back in is just as dead as the one who doesn't breathe out.

Ebb and flow, attachment and detachment, life and death, they're all integral parts of existence so to have one without the other is silly in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger
True what you say,it all boils down to the same thing when your in the center.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 One wise person said, [ the problem is not enjoyment, only attachment to enjoyment] Is that possible? Dont know but can try, a little detachment may help the result.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I appreciate what you are getting at with this thread in terms of how we must learn to release our attachments. However to actually be truly free of all that binds and deludes us, we must recognize the Reality in which all appears (and disappears). On that basis we can discover that we are already fundamentally free of what arises in any given moment.

Our fundamental being or awareness itself is not actually bound to anything - that is why at root we never feel we age. Does awareness or consciousness actually age in your experience? Fundamentally, awareness does not age, nor is it attached (or detached) from anything arising.

Awareness simply is. Awareness is not any thing arising, yet is not separate from any of it. A paradox indeed.

edit on 3/2/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I liked the poem, ancient thunder. Well done.

But the terms attachment and detachment describe no process, method, nor behavior in humankind. Hence, "letting go" is only ever a metaphor, and a monkey, only ever an analogy.

Consequently, life does not depend on letting go.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bb23108
Great reply and very helpful, yes I agree with that view. That is the ultimate view, on other levels there are other views, more mundane, but very real to those who perceive them. We all are at some point of discovery with regard to the nature of consciousness and our self.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
Scientificly you are spot on, I often notice that you are.

Consequently, life does not depend on letting go.
Yes, this is so true and you are so right. Life depends on nothing in particular and everything at the same time,would have been much more precise. On the other hand, what I meant was a life most definitely depends on letting go, specially during certain important moments, events. Just like our friend in this video.

edit on 2-3-2015 by ancientthunder because: remove link

top topics

join