It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Driver ejected during crash, walks away...(VID)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
what a LUCKY GUY!
from NY DAILY NEWS

His reckless driving left him stranded in the middle of a highway.
As a reminder to the dangers of driving in dangerous weather, the Ohio State Highway Patrol released a dramatic video featuring a crash last month in Cleveland.
After the driver slid into another vehicle he was ejected from the car, and ended up on his hands and knees in the middle of a four-lane highway.
The video was taken on the morning of Jan. 12 as a Cleveland police officer merged onto Interstate 90 during a light snowstorm.
Suddenly, in the far left of the video, a black 2005 Ford Explorer is seen sliding on the roadway and knocking into a tan 1986 Ford Crown Victoria.

The driver of the Explorer, Edward Wallace, 26, then knocked into the concrete barrier and his left wheels actually traveled on top of the barrier, the officer wrote in the accident report.

The vehicle then swerved into the opposite direction and rode across all four lanes until the vehicle crashed into the other barrier and finally came to a stop, the report stated.

But as the vehicle was out of control, Wallace was ejected onto the roadway.

The video shows him left sitting on the road as the patrol vehicle slows to a stop. Wallace then stands up and slowly limps to his car as the video ends.

Police estimate Wallace was traveling at 70 mph on the road, which had a speed limit of 60 mph, and he lost control in the bad weather. He was issued a citation for wanton disregard for safety, the report states.

Wallace was treated at a hospital for facial and back injuries he suffered when he was ejected onto the roadway.

The driver of the Crown Victoria was knocked into the concrete wall due to the accident and was treated for a concussion and back injuries, police said. He was also released from the hospital.
Walks away a lil weeble wobbly...
what a lucky son-of-a-B!t@h!
edit on 3/1/2015 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

My first thought when I saw the title was , cars have ejector seats now ? ....Sadly no

Second thought , wow lucky guy , wonder if he was wearing his seat belt , if not I'm sure he will in the future.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The real injury came after as he was cited for the accident.

Just can't catch a break.

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

so TRUE..lolz

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Probably accidentally threw away a winning lottery ticket the night before.
Most likely told the cop "I meant to do that".
Overall a good day.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Drunk.

top topics

join