It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Deeper Meaning In Scripture

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
a reply to: bb23108

Jesus walked the earth as Spiritual Master, not as some separate God-Person that was going to magically cure everyone's problems but through Blessing true aspirants with a profound understanding of their fundamental non-separation from God via initiating them into esoteric practices regarding the Spirit Breath and Light to awaken them to direct communion with the Divine.

I believe this too bb. The Vatican would have us believe he was the one and only son of an external God and this keeps people relying on them as a route to God. People need to realize what they truly are and help themselves.

We do not need any organized religion that actually destroys true religious experience. The true message is in many great passages of scripture but for some reason most people miss it. As mentioned before, it just seems to be where some folk are at and they cannot move on until this fact is recognized.

The truth does link all religions but it is obscured by the priests etc for their own agenda. It seems to me that more and more people are actually waking up but it may be too late.

I'm no friend of fundamentalists, bureaucrats, or ambitious agenda-driven hypocrites. But, I do have a slightly different take on this than you my friend.

I think it takes many lifetimes for people to grok the true message. It obscures itself and reveals itself according to the readiness of the individual in question. I don't think corruption can keep it from someone who is truly ready- they could glean it from sugar-packets and fortune cookies if necessary. Likewise, it can't be shoved down the throat of the unready.

It's like babyfood and adult food. You have to grow into the esoteric latter. In the meantime, there is the exoteric former.

/shrug

👣

edit on 010Monday000000America/ChicagoMar000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

It's like babyfood and adult food.

exactly.. the outer & inner courtyard

in the outer court one gets fed on baby food, milk.. it serves as constant re-layering
(..like that pearl from before)

in the inner court, it could be said meat is served here or other advanced food (where teeth are needed for chewing)

..all of this & more is in the bible

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I see were your coming from BM. I think Ramana Maharshi said a similar thing. The part that bothers me is the interference/violence from organized religion, from the Inquisitions to Jihads. People of a higher spiritual level seem to be burned at the stake etc. I guess everything happens for a reason though.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I have had a similar experience. Long time (lifetime) atheist. Through a series of fateful events, I found the truth tucked in holy scripture to be undeniable. The most important part of this journey is the simple fact that a number of these texts are more than 2000 years old and somehow, I relate with them on the purest level. The first time I read Psalms, I was stunned about how well it explained what I was feeling and somewhat ashamed for not recognizing its purpose before.

I tried with all the rational thought to make sense of it, and as much as I hated to say it, because I used to cringe when people would say it, but... "It comes down to faith."

I see god for what it is and faith for what I am. When I understood the DEPTH of what religion is trying to accomplish in it's origin, the more obvious it became to me. With that too, the easier life started becoming for me. I wasn't at war with the world, nor myself, but the opposite. I am a very delicate, very deliberate part of what is happening. And what is happening is immaculate.

Thanks for sharing. That's cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join