It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS are waiting for Jesus to show up!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio
I dunno what film it was, but somebody fired a single arrow towards the enemy and it landed a good few hundred metres in front of them. They thought he completely missed and their cavalry charged towards them. When they reached the arrow, which was sticking out of the ground, every archer fired and the timing proved to be not only absolutely correct, but the crucial factor in their success as they had no conventional means to defend against horsemen. In spite of their massive numerical advantage, the enemy infantry immediately realised how good the Templar was with his battlefield decisions, and turned about.

As for Obama, I regard him as rather average in terms of his role, which may not be such a bad considering the failures that were Bush & Blair.

I'm not at all sure that being seen as "average" in a comparison against just Bush and Blair is really a good thing...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

I'm not at all sure that being seen as "average" in a comparison against just Bush and Blair is really a good thing...

What I meant is that Obama isn't half as crazy as Bush. I often wonder if the President ever makes his own decisions, but Bush is clearly unhinged. As for Blair, I could never understand what he was doing with his hands, it was like he was always moving some invisible chess pieces (Cameron does this as well). Obama probably doesn't get much right, but at least he might get a decent job in Walmart at the end of his term.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

Is this really from the top bras within ISIS?

There is a big difference from what the voulunteers are fighting for and what the leadership is fighting for.

To be able to gather voulunteers the ISIS leadership had to use religion to make it happen. But that does not mean the ISIS leadership actually have religious motives With their actions. Because there is nothing religious about any of it. It is political to the core.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
Expert: Islamic State Is ‘Apocalyptic Cult’ That Believes Jesus Will Return to Slay the Antichrist

That's ironic, they are waiting for Jesus to show up and slay them (ISIS) and many other evil men???

They should slit their own throats instead, should save them from waiting for a rather similar outcome.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
So ISIS is said to be trying to bring about Christs return who will then force Christians to bow down and convert to Islam? or its safe to assume we lose our heads.

Sounds like the very thing the Antichrist is said to do that Jesus returns to destroy, in a nut shell.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
Isis dont understand anything

In an interview they said the Abrahamite religions are okay with them
yet they hate jews and christians

makes no sense

Those who flock to ISIS are not all that intelligent you know. They are not exactly the Einstein's of humanity over there lol. They are mostly life failures, despots, outcasts or mentally brainwashed who are trying to find something to give them a reason to breath. They are misfits that lack empathy for anyone but themselves.

Why could you expect them to have a coherent thought?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
So ISIS is said to be trying to bring about Christs return who will then force Christians to bow down and convert to Islam? or its safe to assume we lose our heads.

Sounds like the very thing the Antichrist is said to do that Jesus returns to destroy, in a nut shell.

Generally, there should be three options - submit to dhimmitude, convert or die. Dhimmitude doesn't have to be offered, but even if it is, it's a state sort of like Jim Crow on steroids mixed with all the best features of the Nazi ghetto system and a punitive tax called jizya desgined to humiliate people into converting to Islam eventually to escape it. And, it can be revoked at any time.

The other two options are convert on the spot or die.

Now, I don't know what ISIS considers to be pure Islam, but it may simply be die. So their interpretation of what Isa will do may be to immediately proclaim Islam and then turn on every Christian who doesn't instantly do likewise. Or they may preach that he'll simply destroy.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If Christ was to return then I'd expect the only thing he'd be demanding that people forgo is blood atonement, which includes child sacrifice. Forcing people into religion is hardly the answer to today's problems, but recognising the perils of occultism is certainly a responsibility which we all must bear. One thing I do believe Christ could be forceful about is in regards of outright blasphemy; no matter if you're of Christianity, Islam or Judaism, all must respect the Holy Spirit. Lest ye shalt be judged.

edit on 15-3-2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: SpongeBeard

They're not literally saying "Jesus" just the equivalent deity in their religion.

Allah is the Arabic word for god, and it refers to the same god of the Bible. The god of Abraham. Although many Christians seemingly want to argue that. Regardless, they are both considered Abrahamic religions.

Jesus isn't a deity in Islam. He's a prophet. He's in the Quran just the same.

'God of Abraham' — isn't that a bloody misnomer. Abraham sacrificed his son to Moloch, he heeded El Shaday, and worshipped El Elyon with Melchizedek and there were others, Abraham was searching, but we still don't really know which God could be called Abraham's God. It wasn't until Moses came around that Jahveh Elohim was chosen, and even they are a composite of two highly separate forces in the local pantheons, and representatives of truly separate traditions. Elohim was the God of the Aramaic speaking Northern kingdom and a composite of El and his seven sons, while YHVH, one of El's sons (together with Baal and Yam and a few others), was the king-god of the Southern Kingdom, Judah (or was it the other way around? I keep mixing). Hey, they couldn't even agree on which creation narrative they would include in the scriptures, so they brought two creation myths concerning two distinct and separate deities.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Dunno, but Shaddai appears to translate to demon. Sounds like Ba'al...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

The meaning of Heb. שדי "Shaddai" is a matter of debate, I have nothing to add other than that he was a prominent god in the Ugaritic pantheon, and like you say, would be related to Baal who was another Canaanite deity worshipped in Ugarit and the Holy Land at some point in history. Strong's and KJV translates it into Almighty, but like I said, the original definition of שדי is lost and a source of debate.

Anyway, in Hebrew tradition God had many names, not that there were many different gods. I don't necessarily drink that tea. I find evidence of quite the bunch of different deities in OT all boiled down to one. Or two. There is however still, I think, a clear distinction between Elohim and Jahveh remaining.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
As for the subject of this thread, as far as I know, the Koran says that Jesus will return together with Muhammed to greet the Mahdi (a sort of Muslim Messiah) and destroy the Dajjal (the Muslim version of the Antichrist). If I am not mistaken Islam teaches that Jesus will break the cross on that day, and cry diamonds upon the earth. Sort of makes sense in a way. Everytime I feel the Lords presence I want to cry.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
Expert: Islamic State Is ‘Apocalyptic Cult’ That Believes Jesus Will Return to Slay the Antichrist

You read that right - the maniacs in the middle east are waiting for ....JESUS.

As the Islamic State’s brutal atrocities continue to shock the world, one of the recent developments that has not been explored in-depth is the terror group’s recently released seventh edition of its English-language magazine titled Dabiq.

The document features an article that touches upon the end-times theology that experts claim drives the Islamic State’s ongoing rampage, with the text describing Islam as the “religion of the sword, not pacifism,” according to the Middle East Media Research Institute.

“The article also presents numerous verses from the Koran as well as prophetic hadiths that highlight Islam’s reliance on the sword in fighting its enemies,” the organization explained. “In that regard, ISIS notes that the sword will continue to be drawn against Islam’s enemies until ‘Isa (Jesus) kills the Dajjal (the Antichrist), after which, it adds, ‘Islam and its justice’ will prevail on the entire earth.”

www.theblaze.com... nglish-language-magazine-calling-islam-religion-of-the-sword/

Thats all the proof one needs to understand that its religion thats driving people to do crazy things.

Bottom line - Religion is the real problem. ISIS is just a symptom.

I thought ats was about denying ignorance not furthering it.
This headline is worthy of Fox or some other tabloid journalist outfit.

Absolutely no research went into the OP and no thought either, just parroting some silly grab line and making wild baseless assumption.

This place can be unbelievable

www.answering-islam.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

You do realize that 'answering-islam' (dot org) is an Islamophobic propaganda site, right?

Right?
Any person who has bucks can buy a dot- org, net, com, edu.........

it used to mean they were educational institutions or non-profits or commercial sites ....

but not anymore.

edit on 3/16/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I find it odd that you almost never hear Muslims mention Jesus, unless of course it's "oh yeah, we believe in Jesus, he's in the Quran". Otherwise, crickets.

Also, they don't actually talk about Allah that much, unless they are chanting something, or carrying a sign.

It's all about their prophet, Mohammed. Everything they say and do seems to surround him, although they readily admit he was a simple human. Flawed, and not divine. I always find that perplexing.

It's like Christians putting one of the disciples over God or Jesus. You don't find that.

Just a puzzlement!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

edit on 17/3/2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because:  

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah Buzzywigs fair point I am sorry I should have been a little more thick skinned when I posted that piece
You know all those Muslims cutting Christians heads off with knives and the anti christian sentiment and dot com websites and silly arguments about Jesus and His words about love peace and forgiveness...what was I thinking?
edit on b2015Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:41:49 -050033120152am312015-03-17T09:41:49-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

You know all those Muslims cutting Christians heads off with knives and the anti christian sentiment ....

bla bla bla bla...yet another case of christians screaming "persecution" . Boo. hoo.

Let me cheer you up by reminding you of your 'christian heritage'.

This what your people were doing to those who opposed your beliefs a couple of centuries ago.

Those torturers went to heaven because they believed Jebus died for their sins right?

edit on 18-3-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

?? They said something about Jesus returning to killing the anti-christ. Christians believe the same thing too.

Rokkuman,
Could you give the source that claims Christians believe Jesus returns and kills the antichrist?

I have found only four references to antichrist in my bible and none of the four say anything about Jesus killing an antichrist.

1John_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1John_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1John_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2John_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Which antichrist is it that Jesus kills?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

'God of Abraham' — isn't that a bloody misnomer. Abraham sacrificed his son to Moloch

I got hung up on that rage before I even got started to understand it.

When did Abram sacrifice his son to Moloch?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join