It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Men Commit Nearly Half of the Murders in the United States

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Men commit more murders period. Way more.

Fact.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yes.

Now, what about ...

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Gryphon66

Because their culture is contributing to the degradation of society. And because I must be rasict for saying that...

I wouldn't automatically say you're rasict.

What's your evidence?

Oh, and, specifically who is "their"? The Democrats? All Blacks? People who commit homicide?

Also, what degradation are you talking about? Maybe give some examples?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That absolutely right. If you ever been threw the court process you know that there are 2 things that matter: your race and money. And if your black or Latino you never stood a chance. reply to: Aazadan

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I don't wish to answer that and quite frankly shouldn't have said it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I don't wish to answer that and quite frankly shouldn't have said it.

Fair enough. I can think of about 3 things a day I shouldn't say.

Human characteristic.

Best,

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
White people control 98% of the world's wealth thereby keeping everyone else in poverty.

The point of this thread is?????????

Yes. We also make sure we put the gun in the minorities hand, load it, and pull the trigger. The OP may have presented this in a distorted way but the fact check still supports the core concept - minority crime rates are disproportionately high. THAT is the point of this thread.

If one wanted to take it a step further it could be argued that all this hand-holding and giving in to every whim of every minority at the fear of being declared a "white racist" is actually empowering minorities to commit more crimes.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I find myself in quite the quandary.

I was raised, staunchly so, to determine how you should regard a person based off of their actions. Not the color of their skin, their beliefs, etc.

Yet today, I do not feel it is such a cut and dry issue.

Unfortunately we are often given ques as to a persons potentiality based off of the culture they represent. And there are many cultures within any society. Doubly unfortunately, there are certain values and aspects of behavior which are commonly promoted by specific cultures. Just as much as someone from modern day american "black" or "urban" culture for lack of a better or more specific descriptor can readily be associated with certain actions, so can the same be said of "crusty old white male" culture. Or hispanics. Or College Sorority sisters.

For years, I saw things I didn't like that were commonly promoted by many many cultures. My immediate concern was that I was being racist, and I immediately did anything and everything I could do to shut those thoughts and feelings down.

What I've realized though, is that to find such things repugnant, is to be what I would reclassify as a "Culturalist", not a "Racist".

Why?

Because I do not see someone displaying a certain criteria (physical or moral or otherwise) and immediately lump them into a bucket.

But when I do see behaviors which can be readily attributed to a culture, I refuse to feel bad about myself for saying hey, that is indicative of "X" culture.

Fire is hot. Ice is cold. Electricity is shocking. I treat and handle these things accordingly.

I refuse to feel bad because of my heritage, and I refuse to feel bad for quite genuine and specific concerns that are raised in my mind when I see behaviors predictably exhibited by those of a certain culture time and time again.

Call me what you will, but I will not accept the thorny crown of "Racist".

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
And why are most serial killers and mass murderers white men?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Because white men are cunning methodical and bat # crazy.

Only kidding

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Willtell

Because white men are cunning methodical and bat # crazy.

Only kidding

I know your just kidding

There are sociological reasons for why black men commit all those murders and why white men are most of the time behind serial and spree killings.

I don’t believe there are any racial reasons for any of this

edit on 1-3-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedog1973
Is there a particular reason why murder, out of all the crimes there are, is the one that is regularly quoted?

We know that murder as usually gang related.. Gang related usually means poverty and poverty affects different groups of people for historical reasons.

All things being equal, if we are to 'prove some point' which is clearly the intent of this thread ; that blacks are inherently more criminal, you would think that more impartial crimes would be selected.

Terrorism is the flavour of the month for crime. Stats?
Child sex abuse is viewed as the most abhorrent crime. Stats?
White collar crime has massive effects on a huge number of people often for decades. Stats?
Driving crime? Kills many every year. Stats?
Corrupt authority figures convicted. Stats?

When we pick a single crime out of the thousands of them and then make comparisons, it's called cherry picking. Or more specifically, confirmation bias.

Well the OP's focus was about homicides, so I'm not sure if that is cherry picking or not, but you asked...

FBI 2012 Statisticss

If all was equal to the population percentages we would have about the percentage of crime committed by White equal to 78% and by Blacks at about 13%. Trying to not cherry pick we can see in the list below that blacks run 200 to 400 percent above what their population percentage is, so we can apply the OPs title to just about any crime.

On a side note: Alcohol related crime are the only ones where both blacks and whites come out to very close to what percentage of the population they are.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Awe still thinking about me?!

Ya it is extreme liberal pc to point out that a good legal defense can save you from charges, what was I thinking!

Maybe these folk that commit these homicides have some sort of reveres affluenza, like that one kid that drove drunk and killed 3-4 people iirc.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

People usually identify themselves as racists.

I realize you may not really be "replying" to anything I've said specifically, but I thought I'd answer anyway.

Racism is among several behaviors I identify in myself and in others as "instinctual xenophobia." I think the archetype, if you will, is there in all of us from birth, and our given culture determines which of the folks around us end up being "other."

Sometimes it's the family across the street, or the clan across the river.

It's a small distinction, but when I hear you talking using the word "culture" I automatically add on "subculture." Because no matter what the nature of the distinction is ... religious, racial, ethnic, etc. ... one starts from the larger and moves to the smaller category.

I think, sometimes, we get hung up on the smaller categories, the subcultures, and apply that across a wider group.

To me the word racist is often overused, just like homophobic, anti-Christian, etc.

When those terms do fit, I believe it's obvious.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As has been shown, we can read statistics and percentages in many different ways.

The title, based on the data cited, could also have been: "Young People more Dangerous than Old People."

or "Violence Begins at Home" or ... a myriad of different titles emphasising different demographic aspects of the data.

All would be equally "true."

Again, one wonders why the focus here is on race.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yepp, I think you got where I'm coming from.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It was a lot of information
and all of it was true.

Do you deny any of it is true?
Can you prove any of it is not true?

Yes, just like it was the Democratic Party that supported slavery and the Republican Party who fought to free the slaves -
www.pbs.org...
it was the Democratic Party who brought us welfare only if families broke up and fathers were not involved -
www.welfareinfo.org...
www.answers.com...
Those are just the facts.

It is also a fact that it was welfare that destroyed black families
which led to generational poverty
and reliance on "Daddy" government

It is also a fact that families without fathers are much more likely to have
children who turn to crime
children who are less academically successful
children who are less socially successful.
(before anyone jumps on me, there are exceptions, but normally where
the single mother works, is academically successful, and well socialized)

Instead of lifting up families out of poverty, it was decided
to break up families
and only help women and children with no adult male in the house
with poverty,
and not require the mother work or have any reason to be
academically successful or socially successful in society as a whole.

This is also true for any race mother with children on welfare,
however, when welfare was instituted it was not that far
removed from slavery, and many blacks were uneducated
due to institutional segregation and policies,
and struggling with poverty,
much more so than any other race.
Therefore, it is mostly the black family who
has been trapped into this cycle of man as criminal and sperm donor
(since there is no place for him in a family,
which has been shown throughout history to "tame" the male and help him succeed in life)
AND woman as not needing to be academically successful or
societally socially successful in order to get a monthly check.
The only thing the women needed for a monthly check was sex with a sperm donor.

Which led directly to the premise of the OP,
yes black males commit a much much much larger
percentage of crime for their population size
than any other racial group.
It is just a reality, and
I was stating logical reasons why this might be true
and who was to blame for the policies
that led to this unbiased, and non-racist truth.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad
I am NOT saying this is true of all black men and women
not at all
I am saying that it is a trend and a meme
for the black families
who are trapped by the government
into this system
that breeds the type of outcome
we are now seeing.

edit on 2Sun, 01 Mar 2015 14:29:08 -0600pm30103pmk010 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Personal opinions are not automatically true. Your posted belief, for example, doesn't make it "true" for anyone but you. You believe Black men commit most of the crimes in America because of social programs designed to help the needy.

Good for you. Most people find that assertion ridiculous.

You regularly post political ideology in gross generalities. Refuting that bit by bit is off-topic not to mention tedious and boring; and you know that. (It's why you do it.)

Oh good, News Flash 1860! Check the records, grandma ... as has been pointed out too many times to count, (and which you know very well) the Democratic party of the 1860s and the 1870s-1950s was dominated by the Southern states.

Nixon, Goldwater, Reagan and the rest convinced those folks to become Republicans: the Southern Strategy

What party dominates the SOUTHERN STATES today? Would that be the Republicans?

You go on to describing the 1930s version of Welfare (under the Social Security Act) as if it were intended to break up families, when you know it was intended to address women and children who had ALREADY BEEN ABANDONED BY THEIR HUSBANDS as they were not the beneficiaries of the WPA and similar programs that were offered only to men.

There was a DEPRESSION on at the time and women and children of ALL RACES were starving to death; a situation by the way, which you conveniently leave out, brought on by a Wall Street crash that crashed the economy due to, among other things, rampant DEREGULATION on the part of a REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT coupled with IRRESPONSIBLE SPECULATION by the FINANCIAL INDUSTRY.

Gosh, does that SOUND FAMILIAR to any one?

You've proven not only that you're willing to misrepresent facts and history in your posts, but, your posts are merely regurgitating standard political garbage.

You don't know how many people the various programs of the social safety net helped over the years. You're ignoring the fact that those programs have helped keep people alive. You don't know how many people got a successful "leg up" and went on to become very productive members of society.

Your gross over-simplifications are therefore blatant lies without evidence to back them up, which of course you provide none. They're your claims, you back them up.

You want to focus on the connection of crime to race alone and your bias is obvious. You're generalizing DECADES of these programs existence and are completely ignoring any of the positive elements that the Welfare, Food Stamp, Unemployment programs have offered not only to Black families but to Whites, Asians, American Indians, Pacific Islanders, you name it.

But no, you want to wave your hand at 80 years of history and say "here, this is what that all means" in a few sentences offering NO PROOF aside from your opinion.

IN reality, the OP addressed a very narrow band of crime with a very limited set of data. Now you want to expand that to imply that the majority of all crime is committed by black men because the Democrats support social aid programs.

You're stretching historical facts to fit the "Southern Strategy" perfectly.

Barry, Dick and Ronnie would be very proud of you.
edit on 15Sun, 01 Mar 2015 15:33:54 -060015p032015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Let's take another look at crimes statistics per capita shall we?

A> Total US Population (2010): 308,745,538

B> Total White Population (2010): 223,531,769 (72.4%)

C> Total Black Population (2010): 39,519,429 (12.8%)

Census.gov 2010 Census Data

D> Total Arrests (2011): 9,499,725

E> Total White Arrests (2011): 6,578,133 (69%)

F> Total Black Arrests (2011): 2,697,539 (28%) EDIT

FBI - Crime in the United States 2011 - By Race

Now, those are facts based on supportable data.

Now let's look at per capita percentages of arrests within respective populations

B/A = White Arrests/White Population = 6,578,133 / 223,531,769 = 0.0294 or 2.94%

F/C = Black Arrests/Black Population = 2,697,539 / 39,519,429 = 0.0683 or 6.83%

Now, any of us can eyeball those numbers and say wow, Blacks commit over twice as many times as Whites, right?

(6.83 / 2.94 = 2.32)

Right?

Well, that calculation is right, but the comparison is wrong.

If we want to compare CRIMES PER CAPITA then we have to use the same PER CAPITA or we're skewing (cheating) the results.

White Arrests/Total Population 6,578,133 / 308,745,538 = 0.0213 or 2.13%

Black Arrests/Total Population 2,697,539 / 308,745,538 = 0.0087 or 0.87%

NOW, do the factor comparison of White to Black, with fair ratios based on population:

2.13 / 0.87 = 2.45 or expressed as a percentage 245%

So, considering ALL CRIMES (as recorded by FBI stats) PER TOTAL CAPITA (US POPULATION) it is quite clear that Whites commit 2.45 times or 245% as many crimes as do Blacks.

See what you can do with numbers?
edit on 17Sun, 01 Mar 2015 17:43:23 -060015p052015366 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Skin color is not a valid unit of measure. Skin color has absolutely zero influence on criminal behavior, just like baldness, freckles or hair consistency have zero influence on domestic violence. To imply otherwise is irrational, stupid, and lazy.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Men commit more murders period. Way more.

Fact.

True story. They also produce more geniuses and creators. Is there a correlation between violence and art? Perhaps for another thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join