It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Men Commit Nearly Half of the Murders in the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Hit and run with no opinion?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

Now group them along socioeconomic status. Poverty culture in the US is unbelievably destructive.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I wonder what the numbers would be if income defined the percentage .

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Putting EVERYTHING else aside, do you agree that a disproportionately large percentage of murder offenders in relation to percentage of population are black?

We can argue about why people kill other people all day long, but generally that just comes down to personal bias.

The statistics show year after year that blacks come out on top when it comes to total # of murder offenders. This wouldn't be such a big deal if they weren't such a minor percentage of the total population.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So you are saying that being poor gives you an excuse to murder someone? Nice!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

We can't just put everything aside cause they puts some very big factors out of the equation.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Only if you are black...er I meant African American.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

That is just missing the point completely, having a good legal defense can get charges reduced which leads to different stats.

That would be one of those big factors

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I disagree with you on that. Prove it with stats, otherwise that is purely conjecture.

The reality of favorable bias on actual STATS is highly on the side of blacks. Just look to Racially motivated hate crimes as an example. In 2010, 58.6% of hate crime offenders were Latino or white, 18.4% were black.

So blacks shatter records when it comes to crimes/violent crimes, but when it comes to black people possibly being racist they are barely even on the radar.

So yes...there are proven biases in these stats, unfortunately they only go against the narrative that they are in favor of whites.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
We aren't allowed to say what we really think, are we?

Or if we do, it's quickly closed down.

But the stats leave little to be desired.

The poverty argument is always wheeled out on these occasions, but it's just the knee-jerk PC response and convinces only those who want to believe it.

Poverty is not race-specific. And it's not an insurmountable problem, because some poor people pull themselves out of the mire.

It doesn't sufficiently explain the disproportionately high homicide rate, the culture of gang-rape and drug-running, the disproportionately low academic achievement.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

The poverty argument is always wheeled out on these occasions, but it's just the knee-jerk PC response and convinces only those who want to believe it.

Poverty is not race-specific. And it's not an insurmountable problem, because some poor people pull themselves out of the mire.

It doesn't sufficiently explain the disproportionately high homicide rate, the culture of gang-rape and drug-running, the disproportionately low academic achievement.

If poverty was the cause then we would have a large amount of American Indian homicides well beyond blacks since they are the poorest of all.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies."

-Ron Paul

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Why does everyone always bring up "low-income" as if it's a legitimate excuse for acting like an animal, regardless of what color you might be.

Reminds me of raising taxes for school districts "because they need it to get a better education".

Throwing money at a problem has never solved a problem.

Instead of throwing money at the problem, 'cuz obviously all that money has made great strides as making their lives better, just as it's done for raising the education level of the students in this country. It is time we try a different solution.

No... I don't know how to fix this, but obviously, the current methods are NOT working.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I think that's enough ats for me for one day. Enjoy the hate fest

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Is there a particular reason why murder, out of all the crimes there are, is the one that is regularly quoted?

We know that murder as usually gang related.. Gang related usually means poverty and poverty affects different groups of people for historical reasons.

All things being equal, if we are to 'prove some point' which is clearly the intent of this thread ; that blacks are inherently more criminal, you would think that more impartial crimes would be selected.

Terrorism is the flavour of the month for crime. Stats?
Child sex abuse is viewed as the most abhorrent crime. Stats?
White collar crime has massive effects on a huge number of people often for decades. Stats?
Driving crime? Kills many every year. Stats?
Corrupt authority figures convicted. Stats?

When we pick a single crime out of the thousands of them and then make comparisons, it's called cherry picking. Or more specifically, confirmation bias.

edit on 1-3-2015 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3
a reply to: markosity1973

Would you mind citing your sources for that wild accusation?

What do you consider white? Anybody that isn't black?

well im coffee coloured and i dont consider myself black. i just consider myself human.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Hey Mr. Sremmos I see your up to your usual PC extreme liberal antics. This is a tough one people, i've been in neighborhoods that'd make my buddy here clench a penny. Its obvious who makes up the majority of these places..go see for your self.

Denying the problem will only feed the problem. You see I believe in individual choice and a certain class maneuverability.I don't blaim the environment I blaim the individual which is empowering because its your fault if your life's in shambles but its firmly in your power to get out of it. The group and or environment blaiming steals peoples autonomy its a cop out for the weak hearted.
edit on 1-3-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Totally agree. Great point

Mankind will stoop to anything under the right circumstances.

Regards

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: drevill

Sorry man this is America we don't have people dieing in the streets of starvation. We have institutions and help and resource in pretty much all city's. There isnt a "right circumstance" to commit murder or rape over here. I don't know about over there. This is the individual not the freaking environment with the amount of writes offs you people make you'd think you'd be getting tax exemptions.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Come on O.P it's in the blood, say It ...Saaay IT!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join