It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes From Prominent Officials Implying An Extraterrestrial Presence On Earth

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
a reply to: Gianfar

I agree with Zeta, OP should source where the quotes came from . Every decent book or article you read will do the same.
The quotes, while interesting, dont really matter though, imo. People of power or position can be mistaken as easily as anyone. While Hoover might have thought it was a recovered alien craft, maybe it was just one of the experimental planes on page 1 of this thread.

Im not saying the thread shouldnt be here, just it doesnt really sway me one way or the other.

There are however, plenty of direct eye witness cases involving UFOs, many by multiple people. This is what has swayed me to the visitation side.

Westall case in Australia
Ravenna police chase
Madagascar green ufo, double siting
Belgium ufo wave

There are some good links about the Hoover memorandum. It was released by the FBI in 1977 and has been personally viewed by over a million people in the vault room. Agreed, multiple witness accounts are probably the most intriguing. The Hill and Walton stories have always been the most interesting to me. The UFO Friendship Case Italy, involves several friends over two decades, and is probably the best documentary I've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Boy you sure did jump the gun.
Where in the OP do you see a quote from Twining? There's a reason I didn't include vague quotes like that one. Only quotes relevant to the topic/title of the OP were included.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Being a skeptic and something of an agnostic myself with regard to this unraveled affair, I have read every good book I could find, considering the authors qualifications, from physicists to investigative journalists. I'm not here to prove anything or share links. Just small talk and some intellectual libation with anyone who wants to give it serious consideration. For my part, I conduct private research and record the results for my own purposes.

I could care less what you are. If you have info, then share it. That's all. You sound awesome otherwise

And to be honest, this particular topic regarding what government officials alleged in this post may or may not be worth pursing, since the statements were made long ago in some cases. You would have to go to the books and authors who published these things and find out how they got statements from or about officials. Its not information you'll get from the internet.

is this information readily available or not? Sounds like no and a complete 180 from this

I would say that both of you are engaged in semantics, since the OP's post includes enough information enabling anyone to find the associated references. I did my homework and found enough sources on this topic to satisfy my need for verification. I would assume that both of you are capable of doing this as well.

So what exactly are you saying?

As stated, if you're an objective skeptic who can do research, you won't need others to supply links and sources that you can summarily dispute in any case. You'll just quietly go after the most obscure data and you'll find it.

In order to discuss something objectively, you need to have something that is actually there. Again, I have no idea what you are even talking about other than that you are some kind of super righteous skeptic and I am some lazy something or other. Let me be clear, I don't care what you think of me and I certainly don't care what you think of yourself. I am asking if you have sources to provide and the answer is "No". Correct? Thanks for letting me know how awesome you are. Moving on now.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

Where in the OP do you see a quote from Twining? There's a reason I didn't include vague quotes like that one. Only quotes relevant to the topic/title of the OP were included.

it was the first item in your link where you said in your OP:

The link with all of the information pertaining to these quotes as well as the quotes themselves can be foundhere. Sit back and enjoy

and I posted it after you said

This is like the third time I've seen this in the thread.
Please click the link I provided in the OP.

So I did that and that was the first thing I saw.

edit on 11-3-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

it was the first item in your link where you said

The link with all of the information pertaining to these quotes as well as the quotes themselves can be found here.here back and enjoy

Come on now Zeta I know you're better than this. It's not that hard to understand.
I'm not referencing every single quote in the link. The only ones I want attention paid to are the ones I put in the OP. As with all threads you must cite a source. That link is the source for the quotes I selected. I said "pertaining to these quotes", meaning the quotes I picked out.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The link with all of the information pertaining to these quotes as well as the quotes themselves can be found here.here back and enjoy

Come on now Zeta I know you're better than this. It's not that hard to understand.
I'm not referencing every single quote in the link. The only ones I want attention paid to are the ones I put in the OP. As with all threads you must cite a source. That link is the source for the quotes I selected. I said "pertaining to these quotes", meaning the quotes I picked out.

Fair enough. The Twinning memo is just one of those things that gets me...but wait. Wouldn't you be a little suspicious of the other quotes if your source leads off with something misleading like that?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Fair enough. The Twinning memo is just one of those things that gets me...but wait. Wouldn't you be a little suspicious of the other quotes if your source leads off with something misleading like that?

Nah I tried to stay in synch as much as possible with what I wanted to present. That's what proofreading is for. I wish the link was full of quotes stating they saw some actual Greys or something. I would've copy/pasted/highlighted nonstop.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

I wish the link was full of quotes stating they saw some actual Greys or something.

That certainly would make things more interesting. I was looking into that Hoover quote. Seems strange but there is more to it then just that quote.

dubroom.blogspot.com...

Mr. (name blacked out) also discussed this matter with Colonel L.R. Forney of MID (Military Intelligence Division). Colonel Forney indicated that it is his attitude that inasmuch as it has been established that the flying disks are not the result of any Army or Navy experiments, the matter is of interest to the FBI. He stated that he was of the opinion that the Bureau, if at all possible, should accede to General Schulgen's request.

SWR:AJB (initialed here)

ADDENDUM

I would recommend that we advise the Army that the Bureau does not believe it should go into these investigations, it being noted that a great bulk of those alleged discs reported found have been pranks. It is not believed that the Bureau would accomplish anything by going into these investigations

DML (Special Agent Ladd- signed below typed initials)

(Clyde Tolson)
(J. Edgar Hoover)
I would do it but before agreeing to it we must insist upon full access to discs recovered. For instance in the LA case the Army grabbed it & would not let us have it for cursory examination.

Apparently it was referencing a hoax? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Yes that is sort of peculiar.
If this isn't referencing the L.A. (as in Los Angeles) case, it was referencing the LA (as in Louisiana) 16" disk that crashed just one day before the Roswell incident. Could it have been a interconnected precursor to the events that would occur in Roswell shortly thereafter? You would think if it was a hoax, they could've just told Hoover that outright instead of putting a denied access stamp on it. Was it later termed hoax for damage control? The link detailing the event in that thread that's from the FBI file now says that the page doesn't even exist. Now I'm left with even more questions and speculation. I don't know, it is a mystery, that's for certain.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Hoover referring to a hoax? One of the smartest and most savvy people to have ever walked the corridors of power in Washington was confused as to the nature of the "Battle of Los Angeles"? Or he knew exactly what he was speaking of when he said the army grabbed the disks from that incident, and he didn't want the same thing happening at Roswell?

This is the well-known Herbert Hoover memo, retrieved under FOIA:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Hoover referring to a hoax?

That's what people in the link I posted said. There is supposed to be some FOIA documents describing 16 inch disks but the links were broken. Been too lazy to look into it further.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
Nice list. I have no problem accepting extraterrestrials, but the man-made aspect of UFOs has made a skeptic out of me.

According to Popular Mechanic's article; 6 Top-Secret Aircraft That Are Mistaken For UFOs

The CIA estimates that over half of the UFOs reported from the '50s through the '60s were U-2 and SR-71 spy planes. At the time, the Air Force misled the public and the media to protect these Cold War programs; it's possible the government's responses to current sightings of classified craft--whether manned or remotely operated--are equally evasive.

I believe life exists throughout the universe, however, I believe that all intelligently controlled UFOs are of this world. Their debate helps to deflect awareness of public, private, and governmental "Black Budgets" and "Black Projects". The imagines of the following aircraft were formerly classified black projects. Notice how these once top-secret aircraft resemble typical disk, round, triangular, and airship UFO reports.

Its no secret that counter intelligence programs use photos of classified craft to create doubt regarding the air traffic of ET craft. If you're doing the homework regarding classified Air Force projects you'll see that the development of classified air craft usually involves one prototype that is flown from remote bases at high altitudes. That means that these black project craft the CIA has attributed to 50% of the UFO sightings in a two decade period would have to be built by the tens of thousands and flown on a daily basis from bases around the world to account for the huge data bank of unconventional, flying saucers, triangle, tubular and other ET craft sightings.

If you do the homework on UFO statistics, you'll find that millions of people the world over witness unconventional craft on a regular basis. To say that thousands of sighting all over the world are all attributed to U-2 and SR-71 spy planes or other such projects in these times really doesn't address the accrued data.

Based on what you 'believe', how would you explain that?

edit on 14-3-2015 by Gianfar because: grammar and composition

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

If this isn't referencing the L.A. (as in Los Angeles) case, it was referencing the LA (as in Louisiana) 16" disk that crashed just one day before the Roswell incident.

What's really peculiar is that anyone noticed the crash landing of a sixteen inch disc.
edit on 15-3-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: machineintelligence
An Extraterrestrial Presence On Earth is likely in my opinion.The universe has been creating life long before our existences. The architecture of this universe reveals the authors and their presence everywhere within their own work.

I believe there must be other life forms out there, but I would counter that ET presence on Earth is unlikely. We would be like finding a needle in a haystack inside a football stadium filled with haystacks.

It massive out there, as much as I would like it to be true, I just cant imagine these little craft flying billions of miles just to hover around Earth, flitting around, landing in forests and crashing now and again.

People forget about the wormhole phenomena & our limited grasp of potential technologies.

Humans are incredibly self centered. Everything we consider 'intelligent' is always measured against our own minds and if something doesn't do 'human' things, it is believed to be impossible. That includes animals and possible aliens. A lot of people think that if we can't do it, then no one can.
An alien life-form could not only be billions of years older than us but have evolved into a completely different direction when it comes to use of energy, space and space-travel, technology etc.

Non human life-forms could be anything, they may not even be carbon based. Fact is hat nobody knows up until these days what actually constitues 'life'. Intelligence could be completely different from what we know.

Yet we only think as far as our science and our understanding tell us things are possible. It shows the limits/stupidity of the human race really well.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If you do the homework on UFO statistics, you'll find that millions of people the world over witness unconventional craft on a regular basis. To say that thousands of sighting all over the world are all attributed to U-2 and SR-71 spy planes or other such projects in these times really doesn't address the accrued data.

If you do your homework, you will find that 99% of UFO statistics are completely made up.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

If this isn't referencing the L.A. (as in Los Angeles) case, it was referencing the LA (as in Louisiana) 16" disk that crashed just one day before the Roswell incident.

What's really peculiar is that anyone noticed the crash landing of a sixteen inch disc.

Could it not have been picked up on radar?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hubcaps don't usually get tossed high enough for that.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Hubcaps don't usually get tossed high enough for that.

So Hoover was denied access to hubcaps not even capable of altitude for radar pickup. Gotcha.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If you do your homework, you will find that 99% of UFO statistics are completely made up.

Then we should assume that statistic is completely made up?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

Then we should assume that statistic is completely made up?

Had you done your homework you'd already know that you should.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join