It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plans to Develop a “Country Within a Country”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Americans have killed more Americans than everyone combined. Your argument proves nothing, and ignores this fact for some reason.

edit on 2-3-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

originally posted by: ATF1886

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
I'm still trying to figure out what color that dress really is...

Hmm... blue/black, or White/Gold...

I'm sorry, what were we discussing here?

Exactly what i mean you see you see worried about a stupid translucent dress....

I see that you completely missed the sarcasm that was dripping from my comment...

Sorry kinda hard to tell through a computer screen... im sorry i thought you were being sierous

edit on 2-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

Actually every country in the world has killed their own at one point or the other for various reasons, US actually do not top the list.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yea. We are too busy jailing more people than any other country ever.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are right about that, my friend, but remember historically we are not even close compare to older civilizations when it come to killing citizens.

But hell the privatized jail system in the US is a very profitable enterprise, we are a dirty corrupted capitalistic country after all.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Some could argue that our system is worse than just killing them. At least dead people don't have to suffer. Our prison system is designed to turn these people into just above slaves, then destroys all prospects of getting a job once you get out of jail which pretty much guarantees that you end up right back in jail.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So, Susan Payne, a conservative radio talk show co-host and one other person "listened in" on public (?) private (?) meetings with Obama Administration officials and transcribed these ... policies? proclamations?

Are these statments her impressions? Her conclusions?

Why was it that only she and Ted Hayes were "invited" to listen in? Was this not open to other members of "the press"?

Why should Susan Payne's rendition be believed with no apparent corroborating evidence?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yes the statistics when it comes to re introduction into society are not good, because the money to be made is in keeping as many as possible inside the jails not enough money for education, counseling and physiological help.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yea, I don't believe any of this OP. Looks like sensationalist crap designed to rile up the right to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Plus things like three strike laws and other stiff penalties for non-violent crimes. When you can have longer jail time for selling something versus murdering someone, something is wrong there.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea. We are too busy jailing more people than any other country ever.

That's because criminals are too busy committing crimes against other people.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No... Most of those people incarcerated are because of victimless crimes. In other words, crimes against no victims.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No... Most of those people incarcerated are because of victimless crimes. In other words, crimes against no victims.

Never said it wasn't did I ?

You have a bad habit of mis-interpreting people.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Uhhuh whatever.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Just remember, some folks are only hyper-concerned about state overreach some of the time.

Other times, it's tooth and claw, eye for an eye, don't want the time, don't do the crime.

Ironic, paradoxical, ... or something else?

Hmmm.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I have trouble calling America the "home of the free" when a personal decision that harms no one else can make you lose your freedom. That sounds suspiciously like oppression to me.
edit on 2-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You know the funny thing is on here ... I view myself as very patriotic. I do love the idea of America. I'm almost 50, born in the 60s, and I've seen things change a lot in those years, but, at least in my own mind, I'm an inveterate USA-lover.

I despise dishonesty and find ignorance appalling, and those traits get me into most of the conflicts I get into here.

I have never been a "my country right or wrong" person though.

The interface of the American justice system with the for-profit prison system is an appalling travesty.

The rights of others end and my rights begin at the tip of my nose, the surface of my skin, whatever metaphor.

And so for everyone else.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is what they have to say about immigration on the White House webpage.

America’s immigration system is broken. Too many employers game the system by hiring undocumented workers, and there are 11 million people living in the shadows. Neither is good for the economy or the country. President Obama is eager to work with both the House and the Senate on a comprehensive solution to immigration reform, similar to the bipartisan legislation that passed the Senate in 2013.

President Obama’s push for legislation to fix our broken immigration system garnered broad bipartisan support both among the public and in the Senate and addressed all of the core problems our system faces. He spent over a year giving House Republicans room to act on the Senate bill or their own version of legislation to fix the system. Unfortunately, House Republicans refused to give the Senate bill an up-or-down vote.

That’s why the President took action to fix as much of the broken system as he could through his immigration accountability executive actions. These actions will help secure the border, prioritize felons, not families, and hold undocumented immigrants accountable by requiring them to pass a criminal background check and pay their fair share of taxes, and modernizes the legal immigration system. These are common-sense steps, but only Congress can finish the job.

Three critical elements of the President's executive actions are:

Cracking Down on Illegal Immigration at the Border: The President’s actions increase the chances that anyone attempting to cross the border illegally will be caught and sent back. Continuing the surge of resources that effectively reduced the number of unaccompanied children crossing the border illegally this summer, the President’s actions will also centralize border security command-and-control to continue to crack down on illegal immigration.
Deporting Felons, Not Families: The President’s actions focus on the deportation of people who threaten national security and public safety. He has directed immigration enforcement to place anyone suspected of terrorism, violent criminals, gang members, and recent border crossers at the top of the deportation priority list.
Accountability – Criminal Background Checks and Taxes: The President is also acting to hold accountable those undocumented immigrants who have lived in the U.S. for more than five years and are parents of U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents. By registering and passing criminal and national security background checks, millions of undocumented immigrants will start paying their fair share of taxes and temporarily stay in the U.S. without fear of deportation for three years at a time.
The President’s actions will also streamline legal immigration to boost our economy and will promote naturalization for those who qualify.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Just wanted to get another view out there. By the way I'm not an Obama fan, I hate all corrupt politicians the same.

edit on 2-3-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Interesting this was the same motto during Regan path to amnesty and during his time it was not even half of the illegals now residing in America

Did Reagan amnesty fix immigration? hell not no even a bit, when amnesty was granted and the majority started to reap welfare benefits, those business that hired them waited for the next wave of illegals to take the place.

Obama is a liar, a dirty and corrupted liar, immigration reform doesn't fix the problem of illegal immigration, just open the door for more immigrants to get in.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
President Ronald Reagan

“Distance has not discouraged illegal immigration to the United States from all around the globe. The problem of illegal immigration should not, therefore, be seen as a problem between the United States and its neighbors. Our objective is only to establish a reasonable, fair, orderly, and secure system of immigration into this country and not to discriminate in any way against particular nations or people. Future generations of Americans will be thankful for our efforts to humanely regain control of our borders and thereby preserve the value of one of the most sacred possessions of our people: American citizenship.”

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants

Part of this aversion is due to what is widely seen as the failure of Reagan's 1986 Immigration Reform and Control Act. However, one of the lead authors of the bill says that unlike most immigration reform efforts of the past 20 years, amnesty wasn't the pitfall.

"We used the word 'legalization,' " former Wyoming Sen. Alan K. Simpson tells NPR's Guy Raz. "And everybody fell asleep lightly for a while, and we were able to do legalization."

The law granted amnesty to nearly 3 million illegal immigrants, yet was largely considered unsuccessful because the strict sanctions on employers were stripped out of the bill for passage.

Simpson says the amnesty provision actually saved the act from being a total loss. "It's not perfect, but 2.9 million people came forward. If you can bring one person out of an exploited relationship, that's good enough for me."

Nowadays, conservative commentators like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh often invoke the former president as a champion of the conservative agenda. Sean Hannity of Fox News even has a regular segment called "What Would Reagan Do?"

Simpson, however, sees a different person in the president he called a "dear friend."

Reagan "knew that it was not right for people to be abused," Simpson says. "Anybody who's here illegally is going to be abused in some way, either financially [or] physically. They have no rights."

Peter Robinson, a former Reagan speechwriter, agrees. "It was in Ronald Reagan's bones — it was part of his understanding of America — that the country was fundamentally open to those who wanted to join us here."

What Went Wrong (and Right) With Reagan's Amnesty

The “amnesty” provision, which President Reagan said as he signed the bill would “go far to improve the lives of a class of individuals who now must hide in the shadows, without access to many of the benefits of a free and open society,” did just that. As a legal counselor, I’ve helped hundreds of immigrants who were granted legal status through IRCA to naturalize and become proud American citizens. Almost all those who legalized were able to improve their economic situation, which meant (beyond the benefit to themselves and their children) that they went on to pay much more in taxes than they would have as low-wage undocumented workers. Many—freed to be entrepreneurial in a way that their lack of a Social Security card made nearly impossible—went on to start businesses, reinvigorating the local economies of many communities. I’ve met several over the past few years who were able, after being granted a green card through IRCA, to follow God’s call into full-time ministry.

It seems that not all share the opinion that the Amnesty offered previously was such a miserable failure.

Opinions do surely vary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join