It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Plans to Develop a “Country Within a Country”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

How the hell is this supposed to make sense? More people = less jobs? By that way of thinking, the answer to unemployment is simply for people to stop having children because after all, less children would mean more jobs, right? Strange then that rates of employment and population increase don't track AT ALL.

a reply to: Granite

Not screwed-up all...

Proof is 99.99% of Chinese immigrants to America are model citizens because they fully assimilate into our culture because they children who LOVE America!!

Are you in a habit of just making things up? It's ironic that you would choose Chinese immigrants as being favorable to others considering the history of immigration laws in the US. The first laws restricting immigration came about because of "yellow peril." Ever heard of the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882?

a reply to: FlyersFan

LEGAL immigrants are welcome. Illegals ones are not. There is a very good reason for a cap on the number of immigrants allowed into any country at any given time. A country can successfully absorb just so many immigrants before problems arise. It must be a controlled immigration otherwise the entire country can suffer and flounder. This is basic economics. If we threw open the doors and let everyone in no matter what, then this country would completely fall apart. It would be suicide.

Here's another post of opinion, unsupported by evidence and presented as fact. Until 1965, the only caps were based the nation of origin quotas and that had nothing to do with the economy and everything with to with preserving what was considered an ideal homogeneity. This is clearly evidenced by the history of immigration law in the US, starting with the anti-Chinese laws and continuing with the Emergency Immigration Act of 1921 which is where the National Origins Formula came into use. The Immigration Act of 1924 specifically excluded Asians. It wasn't until 1965 that the focus shifted to employment and family relation preferences and even now there are still per-country ceilings.
edit on 2015-3-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just who do you think you are bringing facts into such an emotionally driven argument?! some people....geez

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think the immigration issue is a multifaceted one with multiple agendas connected to it.

The real reason "they" are bringing them in by the droves and proposing sweeping amnesty is being used as an opportunity to pad the voting demographic with ready made Democratic votes so that the larger progressive agenda can be "bought" more readily. It is a tool. The truth of the matter is that we need them paying into the system....not in income tax, but SS tax.

#1 - Our social security system needs a shot in the arm with young workers paying into it in order to support the current and soon-to-be benefit receivers. These immigrant workers probably won't pay much in income taxes, but they will be steadily contributing to Social Security.

#2 - Businesses have been sitting on money ready to invest it in new construction and improvements to infrastructure (highways, roads, bridges, new facilities, etc.)

Regardless of those who think Americans want these construction jobs, the truth of the matter is our hard-working blue collar skilled work force can't and won't fill the total bill. Where an immigrant might be fine with $15.00 per hour plus overtime pay, the majority of American construction workers wouldn't be. They would have a Union boss in there in a heartbeat delaying projects while they "negotiate" for more money, vacation time, paid-this-and-paid that, extra this and extra that, time off for The Sun is Out Today day. You know it's true.

Truthfully, I'm not totally opposed to amnesty, but I think Congress (The People's House) should be involved in how it is implemented, and I think the American People, aka taxpayers, should demand that welfare qualifications, language requirements, etc. be laid out clearly.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Why is simple logic so frightening to some?

I obviously am not referring to you-I am referring to the "Only racists/bigots want a secure border" crowd.

I'm a naturalized American citizen-I don't want criminals,terrorists,etc. coming into the U.S.

The majority (imo) of the illegal aliens (that are criminals BEFORE they even sneak into the U.S.) have ZERO intention of becoming good Americans.They just want to work tax free in the U.S. and western union the under the table and un taxed money straight back to their country of origin to fund drug lords and support various other sorts of atrocities.

But you will ALWAYS be branded as a bigot for pointing out these kind of facts.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

How many Chinese immigrants are in jail?

How many are criminals?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here is the Youtube clip of the interview with Mark Levin and Sue Payne...

This is truly terrifying should an attempt at this actually be made.
edit on 3/1/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

We need multiple shots in the arm:

1.Stop paying people to reproduce.

2.Stop giving tax dollars to countries that hate us.(When I say "us" I am referring to The United States)

3.Secure the borders and drop the anchor baby law.

4.Deport every single illegal alien in our prison system to their point of origin.

oops! Did I just solve a majority of my nation's problems? lol

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

RACIST.
that is the most common retort as I recall,if ignorrant in it's expression.
I don't see the current administration as an orgin point so ,we can onlty hope BUSH doesn't get the nomination.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Designated "emergent immigrant neighborhoods"?????

When I think of these little "countries within a country" with Mexican and other Latino immigrants, I'm concerned but not overly so. But, Obama is pushing to bring in people from middle eastern countries, too. THAT causes me great concern, if his shadowy plan is to set up these mini-countries with taxpayer funds.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I know,right?

They could at least be creative with the names and the labeling.

(my dad was a career Marine,so guess what my normal vocabulary is like,lol)

The terms "bigot" and "racist" or "whateverphobe" as they are used today are used to typically describe law abiding citizens that want a secure border and like the idea of being able to go anywhere in America with their family and live peacefully.

Maybe I shouldn't be such a "meanie" by being honest,but it's part of being an adult.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

obama is willing to attack Israel-of course he will attempt to bring shariah law areas along with the spanish areas for illegals

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's not being mean, it's telling the truth. If you were to even so much as cross our southern border by accident. You'd be detained for weeks, if not months, then deported.

You cross into the states illegally, you're given food, shelter, tax money, and citizenship.

Really? I mean...

REALLY America? How can anyone be okay with this?

A Mexican military helo crossed into US airspace, fired shots at border patrol, and crossed back over. Not a thing was done about it. I wonder what would happen if a US helo crossed over the border and opened fire on them. You can guarantee it would be the end of the pilot's career and his freedom for 10+ years.

This whole thing makes me sick.

edit on 3/1/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
I'm still trying to figure out what color that dress really is...

Hmm... blue/black, or White/Gold...

I'm sorry, what were we discussing here?

Exactly what i mean you see you see worried about a stupid translucent dress....

I see that you completely missed the sarcasm that was dripping from my comment...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

WELL WHY didn't you say so?
THAT makes you a murderous sociopath then, as I am labelled.
I only wish to maintain the Republic against all comers THAT would OF COURSE include this latest wave of P.C. garbage that has infested our country,and oppose the Oligarchs.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR
I don't know, but this I do know. I live in Texas, and we have a lot of Hispanics. The people I hear use the term "wet-back" the most are legal Mexican immigrants and their children. I have developed friendships with many "legal" and "illegal". It's curious to me that the legal immigrants, in my Texan experience, are much more hostile toward illegal immigration than are many of we "natives". This is relative to your comment because by citing your wife, the impression is given that you have some special insight to the situation, but my experience runs contrary to yours.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wasn't a nation in a nation one of the things that Frank Mashall Davis believed in?

Take some time to read about the presidents mentor, it's a little scary

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

How the hell is this supposed to make sense? More people = less jobs? By that way of thinking, the answer to unemployment is simply for people to stop having children because after all, less children would mean more jobs, right? Strange then that rates of employment and population increase don't track AT ALL.

Yes more people = less jobs as there are not enough jobs for everyone. Keeping millions of illegals, many who are holding jobs, takes away from the unemployed American citizen who should have that job. When ICE used to raid places of employment and deported illegals, every single job was then taken by a legal citizen as it should be.

Also all the college educated illegals will be taking jobs away when they graduate. It isn't just the low end jobs.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Whenever I hear about stuff like this, it always creeps me out.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
And furthermore, why build a secret race of minorities to vote you into office? So you can sit on your hands for 4-8 years and accomplish peanuts? I don't get that argument at all. Ok ok, some executive orders get signed, but healthcare isn't Obama's fault, its the Heritage Foundations fault for proposing it in the first place.

Checks and balances. Build an army of illegal voters and you get into Office. Get into office with an army of drones and you get nowhere. Granted, I would love for this country to have improved in the last 6 years (just like I wished the 16 years before) but the reality is much more Grimm. The man OR woman yielding that executive pen is about as powerful as my backside after my wife's enchiladas. Powerless. I'm acclimated to them now.

Really? Not Obamas fault? Smdh he pushed the thing so hard, he, well he pushed it real good. It was suggested by someone so he was totally just going with flow and battling a vehemently oppossed congress for #s and grins.. right? Give me a freaking break. If you think he has been "twiddling his thumbs" you are absolutely ignorant of the facts. Sorry, no way around it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

a Country within a Country ?

We already Have that since the late 18th century

Well according to a Treaty ...

In the North Country of NEW YORK

The Mohawk Reservations !

the Suppose Reason Being ...

As we are the Only Reservation ( 1st nation ) that is Between Borders of Two Country's Canada and USA

Although for over 200 years The Mohawk Nation has been fighting for their claim as a Sovereignty Nation..

And Most Residence of The Iroquois Mohawk Only Acknowledge it as a Nation

See Below

Iroquois passport
en.wikipedia.org...

The Iroquois passport is a form of identification and an "expression of sovereignty"[1] used by the nationals of the Iroquois League (Iroquois: Haudenosaunee).

The Iroquois government has issued passports since around at least 1923, when Haudenosaunee authorities issued a passport to Cayuga statesman Deskaheh to travel to the League of Nations headquarters in Geneva.[2] The Iroquois passport evolved from negotiations with the State Department, Canada, Britain and other countries and has been used since 1977.[3]

I do Remember this

In July 2010 the United Kingdom did not accept the tribal passports of the Iroquois Nationals lacrosse team for travel to the UK for the 2010 World Lacrosse Championship,[8] initially as it was unclear if the United States government would allow the team back into the US.[9] The United States government offered to immediately issue United States passports to the team-members, and several days after this offer was rejected, issued waivers that would allow the team back into the US; the UK continued to refuse to issue visas

Sad THE UK Wouldn't Except them in their Country

In a Sport that the Iroquois Mohawk Originated ( The Founders )

The validity of an Iroquois passport for various purposes has been questioned, and the issue is entangled with the larger issue of Iroquois sovereignty. In July 2010 the Bloc Québécois sovereigntist organization voiced its opposition to the validity of the passport,

saying that a passport should only be issued by a country, not a nation.

[11] The Isle of Man has issued public warnings rejecting the document as a valid form of either identification or nationality and regards holders as U.S. or Canadian citizens,[12] and the European Union does not recognise it as a valid travel document and has issued guidelines stating that visas cannot be affixed to the passport, barring holders from the Schengen area.[13][14] Both list the Iroquois passport as a "fantasy passport", a document issued by a minority, sect, population group or private organization,[14] which according to the Isle of Man has "no authority and to which no official recognition has been given".[

Tribal sovereignty in the United States
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 02015SundayfAmerica/Chicago359 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 02015SundayfAmerica/Chicago359 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join