It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Walter RusselL - 20th Century Genius/Scientist/Artist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wanted to make a thread to try to share some information about a man who achieved much in his lifetime, and who left an impact in the fields of Science and Philosophy.

I also found the PDF to my favorite book he wrote, "The Secret of Light", published in 1947. This publication was the result of spending 20 years working on improving "The Universal One", his earlier book which was not a success. "The Universal One", and later "The Secret of Light" were written in order to explain the "Cosmic Laws" of the universe for the established scientific community. The Secret of Light was a masterpiece - it discussed the Universe, light, the role of waves and "piston" forces in which energy/movement occurs in an up-and-down pattern. But first, a little background about this man:

Walter Russell has a cool background too - having had persistent out-of-body experiences from an early age and was also declared dead at a young age due to a sickness, but recovered almost instantaneously and shocked his weeping parents. He was a musician, an artist, an author, a scientist, a philosopher... a well-rounded intellect and scholar who worked hard and was quite unique.

A blind neighbour taught him to play the piano and was the spiritual interchange partner of his childhood. At the age of seven, while playing marbles with other boys, he felt the urge to retreat into the solitude of the woods, where, for the first time, he experienced leaving his body and feeling the ecstasy of cosmic consciousness. From then on, he had such an experience every year in May, which made him different from the other boys, with whom he could not share the ecstasy of my world, as he called it. It gave him inner peace on one hand, but also inner loneliness on the other. His blind maestro was the only friend of his early days.

(Link if you want to read more) Walter Russel's Bio

Walter Russell was born in Boston, Massachusetts, May 19th, 1871. Before he could walk or speak, he could play any tune he heard with one finger on the piano before he could walk or talk.

At the age of nine, he was put to work, because the money was badly needed. When he was fourteen years of age he had black diphtheria and was already declared dead, when he had his second great illumining (illumination), getting the knowing (knowledge) about self healing. To the amazement of his weeping parents and of the doctors he arose from his bed perfectly healed.

Walter Russell, who was mentally awake and active right up until the end, died on his 92nd birthday, the 19th of may 1963.

leo.co.ls...

I think about Nikola Tesla and Walter Russel and wish they would've had the opportunity to work together. I can only imagine...

Mr. Russell kind of reminds me of a Nikola Tesla with a bit of Edgar Cayce in him HAHa I'm sure many would disagree or be offended with my using both of those names in the same sentence. Meh, sorry fellers who feel that way

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this thread and that someone's interest is piqued enough to read further on this man and his work

Thanks my ATS family
edit on 28-2-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
S n F Great Bio, I love Walter Russell, he actually authored a spiritual system of attainment. Numerous chapters on meditation techniques and universal laws etc... Incredibly interesting I read it all back in my 20s. I'll see if I can dig the coursework up and post a link , it was really quite profound as I recall.

Aha! I went and looked on Google...low and behold here it is in PDF format, I cant wait to read this stuff again.

www.apparentlyapparel.com...
edit on 28-2-2015 by BlueJacket because: link

And well the other PDF is just chapters 1-4 however heres the official link for the purchased version:
www.philosophy.org...
edit on 28-2-2015 by BlueJacket because: Link

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It's so great you can find a lot of his work for free online - I'll have to check this out. Awesome, thanks for sharing this.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have all his books and studied them extensively. Definitely a man ahead of his time and worth looking into.

I've been meaning to make a proper thread on him for a while due to the fact that he completely changed the way I observe life.

His last name is missing an "l" in your title, FYI.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Sure thing. Walter was quite convinced of the need to use meditation techniques to leave the body for a variety of reasons. Some of it is filtering back in as I'm sitting here. Enjoy the works, and thank you, I think I'll give Mr. Russel another look.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Thanks for noticing that, great to hear that others have a strong interest in this legendary man.

2nd

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

"The Secret of Light", published in 1947. This publication was the result of spending 20 years working on improving

written in order to explain the "Cosmic Laws" of the universe for the established scientific community.

Yeah right how convenient being published in 1947. The SAME year as ROSWELL .

Come on people!!! : ALIENS explained it to him .
Kidding, He is one smarty mic smarty .

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I watched this doc.awhile back and found it very interesting

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
I wanted to make a thread to try to share some information about a man who achieved much in his lifetime, and who left an impact in the fields of Science and Philosophy.
What impact did he have on science? I can't find any.

I can't comment on his art because I'm not familiar with it, but since this is the science forum, I'll talk about the science. Take a look at his "periodic Table", where hydrogen is an element between the third and fourth octaves:

www.philosophy.org...

That shows about 17 elements BEFORE hydrogen on his periodic table.

I don't think it's arrogant at all to say that we know enough about hydrogen to conclude that it's the simplest atom and molecule with only one proton and one electron per atom. You can create other elements by adding protons and neutrons to the nucleus, but how are you going to come up with 17 more elements in front of hydrogen when it only has one proton?

Some people have claimed his work is "banned in schools" but it's just so completely wrong and useless from a scientific perspective that it's not banned, it's completely ignored, with good reason.

Anybody who doesn't know why hydrogen is the first element needs to go to school and learn what science knows, instead of worshipping Russell for his scientific contributions when as far as I can tell, he never made any, unless you think there really are 17 elements before hydrogen in which case you should present your evidence.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

While I agree with Arbitrageur's analysis, I find pseudo-scientific seer/artist types (and I mean that in the nicest way) quite fascinating - on this brief read he reminds me quite a lot of Steiner and his prolific mystical "correlations" and.... err, "interpretations".. thanks for an interesting heads-up

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Looks like a nutty scientist.
Dunno if he did teach his art of self healing tho.
a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I should have written it so as to show how his work greatly influenced MY perspective on the world and how light/waves work.

Interesting you included that diagram - I'm not sure what it is representing with the different octaves but in how You described it it does sound like it is completely different from our periodic table and how chemistry is viewed today. Thanks for pointing that out

top topics

join