It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rihanna's Music - Hidden Symbolism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hello, it's my first time posting here and I'm a bit disappointed to see I'm limited to the introductions board. I joined here because I specifically hoped to be able to discuss a theory of mine that I'm in the process of typing up this evening. I'm just a normal adult poster, I'm not here to troll or shill or anything. Could a mod possibly move this thread to the appropriate board, please? I don't need to make any other threads, just this one. Otherwise, if this is considered too off-topic for this board I will just go post elsewhere on the net. But I had high hopes for ATS, since my theory has thus far proved to be tl;dr for other communities.

Although part of what follows will be a repost of what I contributed on another site a few hours ago, I'm still doing a lot of extra work to 2nd-draft it and post it here, so if it's just going to get swiftly deleted for any reason please do it sooner than later. Basically my theory is that 3 specific Rihanna songs are about Lucifer and I feel I make a compelling case for it. If these videos do contain occult symbolism, what does that mean for society? Who put them there, and why? These are questions we can only ask after we've shown it exists, and that's what I'm going to show. Tangible, demonstrable evidence of hidden symbolism in mass media.

Begins next.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Redpillpoppers

You had my heart, and we'll never be world apart
In another Rihanna song which we will also be looking at, she sings, "I want you to make me feel like I'm the only one who knows your heart." That song is called, "Only girl in the world." A possible reference to that song, perhaps? It's a minor note to start off on but worth mentioning none the less, as I believe all 3 songs are about the same subject – that she's singing to or about the same thing: Lucifer.

Maybe in magazines, but you'll still be my star
Baby cause in the dark, we can't see shiny cars

Here in the first line we see the first of many yet to come references towards stars and bright, shining lights which I believe represent Lucifer. If we take "cars" in the second line as a codeword for "stars", this seems to make more sense than "cars" as we look at it in the context of the rest of the song and the otherwise nonsensical second line suddenly takes on a clear, new meaning: In the dark, we can't see shiny stars"; specifically, the morning star, Venus, which unlike other "stars" (yes, I know it's technically a planet) can only be seen at dusk and at dawn and is thought to be associated with Lucifer.
In the Hebrew, the name Lucifer is translated from the Hebrew word "helel," which means brightness. This designation, referring to Lucifer, is the rendering of the "morning star" or "star of the morning" or "bright star" - www.allaboutgod.com...
Lucifer
1. the leader of the rebellion of the angels: usually identified with Satan
2. the planet Venus when it rises as the morning star
Word Origin
Old English, from Latin Lūcifer, light-bearer, from lūx light + ferre to bear – dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
of course words can be twisted to mean anything
i dont know..maybe she is just singing songs.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath imma stick it out 'till the end

Think of Rihanna's music like Christian Pop, but for Satanists. Here, she's speaking on their behalf, preaching the ideal of remaining loyal and devoted to Lucifer forever. Regardless of what you personally think of the Illuminati, the fact is that in the mind of the general public they're often associated with Satanism, and Rihanna is rumored to be affiliated with them some way as well -- in fact, she is a self-proclaimed Illuminati Princess. And regardless whether they exist, the supposed goal that they have is thought to be establishing a one world government where they know and control everything. And it's believed they hope to achieve this god-like power through means of technology, using their own intellect and free will – a gift given to man by Lucifer when he tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden – and a goal that mirrors Lucifer's own ambition of becoming God himself using the gifts that God created him with, as he was originally God's most perfect creature and second only to God himself. They also think their organization will last forever, so Rihanna's use of such "eternal" sounding words here like "always" and "forever" further leads one to believe she's speaking for the Illuminati and their eternal worship of Lucifer. See below:

Fire
Eternal Flame
First and primarily fire represents Lucifer, the “bringer of light”. The eternal flame is representative of the Illuminati’s immortality. They see their organization as eternal and impossible to destroy. This symbol is prominent on Standard Oil’s logo, the Statue of Liberty, and the Columbia Pictures logo.
All-Seeing Eye
The All-Seeing Eye floating is representative of the Illuminati seeing themselves as gods, and being able to see and watch everything that we do. They are rapidly approaching their goals thanks to quickly advancing technology. – illuminatisymbols.info...

We have here in Ezekiel a picture of the highest of God's creatures, perfect in wisdom, beautiful beyond description, a musician and on top of all that, he was given this high, exalted position. But, this creation, with all of these wonderful attributes also had a free will. One day, God says to this marvelous creature, "Iniquity was found in you."
But, why does God say this? What is this iniquity? We must look back to Isaiah 14:12, which tells us of Lucifer/Satan's choice. "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High." Did you notice in this passage all of the "I wills. " He said he would exalt his throne above the stars of God. The word "stars" here does not refer to what we see in the night sky. It refers to the angels of God. In other words, "I will take over heaven, I will be God." That is Lucifer/Satan's sin and that is the iniquity that was found in him. He does not want to be God's servant. He does not want to do what he was created to do. He wants to be served and there are millions who have chosen to do just that; serve him. They have listened to his lies and chosen to follow him. Eve believed the lie that she would be like God. The reason Lucifer/Satan tempted her with that was because it is the very thing that he wants – to be God. - See more at: www.allaboutgod.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Indeed, it's possible too. If you or anyone is not persuaded right away or thinks I'm full of # that's fine, I just ask you guys to keep and open mind and hear me out for the next 2 songs as well. This first one takes longer because all the background info I have to provide, but the next 2 should be a lot less wordy.

Even if you guys don't agree with some particular pieces of the evidence, eventually I think a lot of you will come to admit you can't overlook the cumulative mountain of it as a whole.

By the way, do they allow thread themes here? If so I'd like to suggest this for when you don't need to play the actual Rihanna songs to compare them to what I'm presenting here. Thread theme.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

Hello.
Continuing:

Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other

The all-seeing eye is also symbolic of knowledge, ie the all-seeing, all-knowing "eye" in the sky: the low-hanging star, Venus, aka Lucifer after he was kicked down from Heaven for his pride and wanting to become as God. Regardless whether the Illuminati exist and are actively pursuing their goals or not, these goals seem to be approaching fruition with exponentially advancing computer technology and other scientific breakthroughs. A prime example would be the advent of the all-seeing, all-knowing eye of the NSA. We are at a unique point in human history, for the first time, more than ever before, we're becoming increasingly able to achieve god-like things – look at our near-total mastery over nature and all other species, going into space and knowing the heavens, cloning, artificial limbs, the early stages of trans-humanism – further advances in these fields promise to make us even more, truly like God.

To understand this part of the song, it's important to consider that "rain" and more specifically, "rain man" might be codewords:
Rain (noun) water that has fallen as rain, rain water, a heavy fall, descent of this water.(Verb) to send down rain, to fall as drops of water from clouds, to give or administer abundantly etc..
The name “Rain” means abundant blessings from Above. It can be used for male or female. So Rain Man is referring to a male. So we can arrive that Rain Man have several meanings
1. Abundant blessings from above man
2. A man that offers abundant blessings from above. – theflowofperceptions.blogspot.com...

Also note that rainman was actually mentioned by name at the beginning of the song, although I didn't mention it specifically prior to this, but it's visible in the lyrics video. The idea is explained in more detail below:

If we take the "rain man" as Lucifer, the "rain" in this sense might be thought of as his abundant blessing: knowledge, which mankind has earned for itself through his gift of free will. Hence, "it's raining more than ever." To take it another way, "rain" might also mean "reign", as in, the Illuminati and/or, by extension, Lucifer's successful reign over the people – his influence can be felt now more than ever.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella

...the representation is not of Lucifer/Satan as confined to his own person but his working in and the consummating of his plans through earthly kings and rulers who take to themselves divine honors and who, whether they actually know this or not, rule in the spirit and under the aims of Satan. - See more at: www.allaboutgod.com...

Aside from fitting the theme of the song and making it work on the surface, I believe the term umbrella was used because an umbrella is a symbol of man's triumph over the elements, an invention he made using his own intellect, which is representative of the principality of Satan – who, again, strived to use his own qualities to "triumph" over god. This part of the song is saying Lucifer, either himself or vicariously via his influence (ie, "his working in and the consummating of his plans through earthly kings and rulers who take to themselves divine honors and who, whether they actually know this or not, rule in the spirit and under the aims of Satan"), can still attain his goals today through the Illuminati/Satanists/whatever ruling body Rihanna is referencing, who achieve those goals on his behalf with technology and human intelligence. Also:

Umbrella

Umbrella programming is used to create mind-controlled assassins working directly under the Chief of Staff for the sole purpose of assassination. (see Illuminati Formula) - illuminatisymbols.info...

Also note the potential wordplay: stand under reversed is under stand, as in understanding, knowledge, etc.

(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

If you're like me, whenever you heard this song before one of the most striking things about it was her vocals during the following segment and you struggled to imagine some meaning for why she's making those sounds. It's a bit of a stretch I know, but it's close enough that I don't think it's unreasonable to speculate the "ella ella" is really her poorly-pronouncing the name "Helel," which is another name for Lucifer. I pointed this out earlier but here it is again:

In the Hebrew, the name Lucifer is translated from the Hebrew word "helel," which means brightness. - See more at: www.allaboutgod.com...

And to take it a step further, I'd even go so far as to speculate that "eh" that comes after that is codeword for "six." The line could then become, "Understand my(me/like/life/light?) Helel, Helel (six, six, six)" with Rihanna chanting his name and number several times.

That's as far as I've gotten, I will now begin writing up examples of visual symbolism from the video and then move on to the next song.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

0:04 - Her arm forms the clear image of an illuminated triange or pyramid. While this of course doesn't prove anything in itself and could easily be dismissed as pure coincidence, I'm mentioning it anyway just because of how allegedly important that shape is to these people, and how well-formed this one is and the fact that if you combine it with the slightly-less-shapely triangle formed by her other arm it produces a diamond shape, which as we will come to see later is another important symbol for Rihanna to use.

0:35 - Notice that only her left eye is showing here. Again, one could easily argue that's just her hair style and there are plenty of times where they show both eyes uncovered. But I'm mentioning it anyway, as one eye covered is thought to represent the all-seeing eye of the pyramid which is one of their most important symbols. It's a recurring theme at various times throughout Rihannas videos as well as many other celebrities.

2:27 - Certainly one of the strangest parts of the whole video. She allegedly forms a Baphomet head with her body while inside of a triangle during this part.

3:50 - It's raining fire. Or light, if you will. Lucifer's reign? She and her friends appear to be celebrating in this scene, dancing in the rain with their umbrellas down, not even using them.

Next up: Only girl in the world.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

God, the drama llama has arrived..."move my post, waa..waa...wwaaaa...""

How about.....achieve the correct number of posts as a PROPER introduction and then start a thread in the correct forum.

Otherwise, I'm sure it's no big loss if you go elsewhere.

As for your symbolism...I'll discuss it with you in the APPROPRIATE thread in the APPROPRIATE forum.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 27-2-2015 by RidgeRoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

On the surface this song is simply about sex, but when we look deeper I think it's some of the best evidence for my case.

0:07 - Clearly flashes the El Diablo or Devil's Horns, a popular Illuminati handsign.

0:20 - In general, in this video she's shown to be in a pristine outdoor area with grassy plains and hills I believe are meant to suggest the Garden of Eden. In this scene in particular, she's shown lying in a literal garden, surrounded by flowers. In one shot she even forms a cross-shape with her body whilst a curious, almost serpent-like fashion accessory of some sort is wrapped around her arms.

1:50 - One might think a lone, giant rose seems strangely out of place here -- unless one considers that the rose is another symbol associated with Lucifer:

In the modern occultism of Madeline Montalban Lucifer's identification as "The Morning Star" (Venus) equates him with Lumiel, whom she regarded as the Archangel of Light, and among Satanists he is seen as The "Torch of Baphomet" and Azazel. In this modern occult teaching, an obvious appropriation of Christian soteriology, it is stated that it is Lucifer's destiny to incarnate in human form at certain key times in world history as a savior and redeemer for humanity. A symbol for this process is the Tudor Rose. The Tudor Rose can be red, representing Lucifer, or white representing Lilith. The Tau cross is also a symbol of Lumiel/Lucifer and his role as an avatar for the human race. - www.monstropedia.org...

2:40 - Notice her diamond earring. Probably nothing, but listed because it relates heavily to the next song and, perhaps, as will be explained then, is yet another symbol of Lucifer.

3:20 - Suddenly there's fireworks in the distance, for some reason. Fire, flames, torch, "The Torch of Baphomet," lights in the sky, the bringer of light, the morning star, shooting stars, etc (you get the picture.) Fireworks are also a sign of celebration and that's what Rihanna is doing, both visually on the screen and subliminally with the overall message of the song as I will explain in more detail shortly.

3:50 - Here we have what I consider the smoking gun for this song: The Tree of Life / The World Tree, complete with glowing, illuminated fruit hanging from it.

The concept of a tree of life has been used in biology, religion, philosophy, and mythology. A tree of life is a common motif in various world theologies, mythologies, and philosophies. It alludes to the interconnection of all life on our planet and serves as a metaphor for common descent in the evolutionary sense. The term tree of life may also be used as a synonym for sacred tree.[1]

The tree of knowledge, connecting to heaven and the underworld, and the tree of life, connecting all forms of creation, are both forms of the world tree or cosmic tree, according to the Encyclopædia Britannica,[2] and are portrayed in various religions and philosophies as the same tree.[3]

Its fruit is described as "most precious and most desirable above all other fruits," which "is the greatest of all the gifts of God" (see 1 Nephi 15:36). In another scriptural book, salvation is called "the greatest of all the gifts of God" (see Doctrine and Covenants 6:13). In the same book eternal life is also called the "greatest of all the gifts of God" (see Doctrine and Covenants 14:7). en.wikipedia.org...

So there you have it. What we have here is a light hearted, fun little Illuminati Pop song in which the singer wants to feel like Eve in the Garden of Eden, who was "the only girl in the world," at the time. Since Eve was created from Adam's rib, it makes sense then that she would be "the only one who knows [his] heart." Just as Eve was once tempted by the serpent, she is now playfully attempting to tempt the serpent herself with her sexuality; or, alternatively, she is the serpent, Lilith, wanting to tempt Adam; ultimately, though, the song is a celebration of the first two humans giving into the serpents temptation, thus creating Original Sin. The serpent in the story is sometimes thought to be Satan.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Welcome. There is a coordinated effort by the some in the music industry to desensitize our youth to certain things. There is a puppet master pulling strings and influencing people by proxy, and most have no idea what's going on.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

ASL for I love you.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS! You are correct in realizing symbology is the name of the game. Keep studying. FYI symbology cuts directly to the collective unconsciousness. Don't get tunnel vision chasing the rabbit down the whole. Step back every now and again and try and get the bigger picture. If you like the symbology in Rihanna's vids here is a good one.... and remember everything is not what it appears to be!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rememberthetrees

Welcome to ATS! You are correct in realizing symbology is the name of the game. Keep studying. FYI symbology cuts directly to the collective unconsciousness. Don't get tunnel vision chasing the rabbit down the whole. Step back every now and again and try and get the bigger picture. If you like the symbology in Rihanna's vids here is a good one.... and remember everything is not what it appears to be!

. I think I will broaden the discussion by adding another singer who have similar symbolic messeges.

edit on 28-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It isn't tl;dr, it's an old worn out topic that the religious seem to revive every now and again.
edit on 28-2-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If you Google Lenon Honor, you will find that he took Rhianna's video's apart and basically did what you are trying to do.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
OP check out the GOP elephant symbol, they recently, last few years, changed it to to an upside down star. There's allot of BS with this topic because the CIA inflammed Church Communities to think it's Satan when really it's mind control. Look up Roseane Barr, Rowdy Roddy Piper from they live. They both, among many other celebs, talk about it. Srry for grammer, on POS phone
And also watch Dark Horse by Katy Perry.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

by now we all know if one wants to "make it" in this world they have to sell their soul..

they're all devil-people

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join